Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unbelievable as if things weren’t already bad enough for TSLA stock, now this. Anonymous person makes up an sexual harassment story to taint Elon’s reputation, provoking more political conspiracy tweets by Elon, and crashes TSLA. Who wins?

The story is related to SpaceX HR, nothing to do with Tesla, why is TSLA down 😤
Everything Elon does is related to Tesla. That's why him involved in Twitter and politics is bad for the Tesla brand. My holding Tesla these last 5-6 years is mostly because of the mission. And I thought it would be a great investment.

Everything Elon does is related to Tesla. That's why him involved in Twitter and politics is bad for the Tesla brand. My holding Tesla these last 5-6 years is mostly because of the mission. And I thought it would be a great investment.
So.....you holding Tesla for the last 5-6 years has probably made you a significant amount of $$$ and now that it has taken a downturn, you are questioning your 'investment'

There's a sell-off? I've been busy soldering boards. I've got the forum on standby, poking in for some background. Heard y'all got shutdown at one point. Eat lettuce, recommendation from not-a-doctor (me). Lettuce ‘cure’ for depression, stroke, thromboembolism | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News

China interest rates were lowered (saw somewhere on TD site today), USA should consider the same, lol. Maybe next time....

A 90 P/E seems high still, s/. One solution, sell Plaids and Performance everything (already mentioned by @The Accountant and others). Goal is to at least meet Q2 guidance - possible still? More FSD in there too, I'm thinking yes.

But let's face it, nothing is actually fair here. Truth matters, and it's gonna hurt when that reveals. It's a good fight; I'm all in still.

Cheers

(Edit: del markup)

small steps ... (no one is aware of ) ;)
~ 160 cars ..

Watch the videos daily. It doesnt seem like the output is very high. Only occasionally do they catch car carriers. Hope that cars are being stockpiled inside. Would also be nice if a drone parked where the cars come out of the factory and see how often they come out. Dont really want to watch holes being dug for foundation at cathode plant.

REO Speedwagon:

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around
They say you got a boyfriend
You're out late every weekend
They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down
But I know the neighborhood
And talk is cheaper when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the line
But I'm telling you, babe
That I don't think it's true, babe
And even if it is, keep this in mind
You take it on the run, baby
If that's the way you want it, baby
Then I don't want you around
I don't believe it
Not for a minute
You're under the gun
So you take it on the run

Just to be clear, any reference in this song to actual persons named "Heard" is purely coincidental.

People dramatically underestimate the gravity of this transition. We're not switching fuels for transport or making slightly better sources for electricity. This is one of the biggest turning points in the history of human civilization, IMO potentially the biggest. We just can't see the other side with any focus, so we lack perspective.

Moving from fossil-based scarcity(hoarding) to renewables-based sustainability(abundance) is going to absolutely neuter nearly every source of extreme wealth. We should expect a bit of resistance to such a change.
Wish Elon would have focused on that a month or so ago.

Are we really that surprised that Wall St, given the opportunity would drive this down as far as possible?

They got the perfect storm - macro market crash, Shanghai shutting down, Elon twitter drama and Elon selling shares.

We should have all known a hit piece/orchestrated sell off was coming.
Some of that was self inflicted wound.

I definitely agree Elon is best choice of CEO but when I hear conference calls, it does reassure me every times someone like Zach or Drew speaks. I think its very important for the media, especially wall st, to realize that Tesla is not just one person.

And I do agree that killing the PR department was a mistake. Elon is great *in his own way* on twitter MOST of the time, but a PR department that could just reply with pure factual information would be very beneficial. The Tesla twitter account is surprisingly minimal, ESPECIALLY considering that there is just so much exciting stuff happening with the company. Its not like running the twitter account for Rivian, where all you have to announce is that the production targets have dropped again :D

Its about time someone like Rob Maurer from Tesla Daily actually got hired by Tesla. His very calm, analytical and reasonable-sounding delivery is the perfect counterpoint to Elon when he is in hyper mode.

And yup, current stock price is insane. But happy to sit on my shares for years if I need to, to get to my 'sell a few' price at $1,200.

I am kind of disappointed the SP isn't down this morning, day is still young I guess. I freed up some dry powder hoping to pick up more shares at a good discount. I've learned a lot here the last several years but my biggest takeaway is you have to take Elon as the whole package and just realize he is going to occasionally do something that you don't agree with. You need to weigh the good vs the bad. Every time I think he is crazy I just watch one of his interviews and realize just how amazing he really is.
This didn't age very well...

1653059923491.png

Last edited:
Watch the videos daily. It doesnt seem like the output is very high. Only occasionally do they catch car carriers. Hope that cars are being stockpiled inside. Would also be nice if a drone parked where the cars come out of the factory and see how often they come out. Dont really want to watch holes being dug for foundation at cathode plant.

I belive the output in Germany is higher. In Texas there are many drone flights but they seldom catch any car carriers. In Germany they only have one flight during the work week and a few during the weekend when many workers are off. But they catch many more car carriers.

No kidding... We are back to a point where loading up on some margin is getting tempting.

Margin puts an investor in a weak position to handle rare but potential black swan events. Obviously, many people selling at these levels are being forced to liquidate because they foolishly leveraged themselves. And that hurts the share price further. Never under-estimate how a confluence of events can come together to create conditions that seemed impossible at first glance.

I highly recommend against margin in general even though I'm very bullish on the future price of TSLA. I'm not even going all in here because my position is so big and I want plenty of powder left if the worst happens. Certainly, current prices are a good time to re-position and take a much larger position than you would normally have in one stock but I avoid margin on principle. And times like this are why I don't normally like to be 100% in any one company for long periods of time. There should always be room to take advantage of good opportunities.

Yeah, Elon shows no sign of being frustrated but he does grab the bull by the horns and make his position known.

Just bought 200 more at $666.65. A real steal that will be worth a multiple of what I paid for it in just 2-3 years. Super deal! We are to the point that only real idiots/short-term speculators are selling.
60 at $660. You guys better be right about this coiled spring thingy.