Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rather disappointing trading action since the Fed minutes for TSLA specific.

Volume disappeared and it’s only trading 3X it’s beta when it was up 5-6X before the Fed minutes. So I’m not nearly that confident that 621 was the bottom for TSLA or that TSLA is set to rebound. When MM’s step in and cap that easily, seems pretty certain they have complete control over how far it can go this week

I've been squirming since I have absolutely no dry powder and haven't been able to take advantage of this BTD opportunity.

But there just happened to be $650 in our daughter's investment account. So I picked up another share for her to bring her total to 29 shares. It's not a lot, but she is learning a lesson that I wished my parents taught me -- invest early and often in companies you believe in. Whenever she comes into any cash from gifts, she asks me to deposit into her account.

Other than few token shares in DIS, AAPL and AMZN, she is also fully invested in TSLA.

Ford caught, admitted, and fined for lying about products... and the stock is up 2%.

Has anybody here been tracking Tesla Energy in any way?
Do we have a way to measure when it will turn a profit? And how fast it will increase once it breaks out?
(I mean like some members have been able to track guesstimate car p&d)

Last quarterly report it was essentially break even (IIRC lost 1-2%). Has been steadily marching towards profitability QoQ. The one sticking point is that on the quarterly call they said that solar deployments were limited last Q because of delays in getting semiconductors for installations.

Rather disappointing trading action since the Fed minutes for TSLA specific.

Volume disappeared and it’s only trading 3X it’s beta when it was up 5-6X before the Fed minutes. So I’m not nearly that confident that 621 was the bottom for TSLA or that TSLA is set to rebound. When MM’s step in and cap that easily, seems pretty certain they have complete control over how far it can go this week
Very bizarre day. But low volume, so it could a just been hedgies playing with the Fed and TWTR news potential.

Weird to now see AAPL/GOOG blast off and TSLA stay flat. But I'll take it if this means we're now disconnected and valued on Tesla's merit alone.

Last quarterly report it was essentially break even (IIRC lost 1-2%). Has been steadily marching towards profitability QoQ. The one sticking point is that on the quarterly call they said that solar deployments were limited last Q because of delays in getting semiconductors for installations.

Follow up:

Page 23 of this slide deck:

Energy Revenue: $616M
Energy Costs: $688M

@The Accountant does great projections and summaries of actual results in this thread:

<snip>
Rob Maurer@TeslaPodcast
For the last two months, Tesla's production has been constrained to about 1.25 factories worth of vehicles. Over the next six months, that should quickly trend towards full production from 4 factories. <snip>

Ha! I love it, production now measured in gigafactories!

Tesla is always going to get capped until it can't be held anymore. This shouldn't surprise anyone. When it gets past resistance it moves stronger than the market... sometimes much stronger. We even say it earlier today, once it broke 650 it caught momentum and then while the rest of the market bled, it gained support. The volume isn't that light either, we're looking at a ~30m day which will be a top 5-10 since the beginning of April (IIRC March wasn't even that great outside of 3-4 days.

The Nasdaq as a whole went right to 11,500 and hit strong resistance. Going to need to break through that tomorrow and hold. Volume isn't strong for the market as whole. Tomorrow is a day that needs to gain some steam for a rally to take hold. Otherwise, we're trending to being more range bound than anything else.

Why I ever thought blowout 1Q earnings was a good time for option buying is beyond me. I've grown shrank since then.

FTFY. ;)

sc.TSLA.200-DayChart.2022-05-24.22-00.png

Cheers to the Longs!