Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone here honestly come up with anything of value that the Tesla board contributes? Only time I ever see their names is when they're cashing-in their shares.

Seem like a bunch of freeloaders to me, but I'm open to being corrected on that

Are you saying you don't believe Tesla's BoD is working diligently to uncover that massive Tesla accounting fraud we keep hearing about? :oops:

/s

Last edited:
Agreed, but my point was more along the lines of "Tesla is the only 4680 producer right now". We don't know if Panasonic's in-house 4680 cells will be DBE or wet, but currently they are only in the early prototyping stage.

The Panasonic cells are not early prototypes, it is the Panasonic production line that is still in the prototype phase. The latest iteration was described by Panasonic Energy's CEO as follows on June 1st, 2022: (fair warning: E-trek link). Tadanobu said:

A pilot line, created first in Japan, made it possible to start large-scale prototype production in May.

So Panasonic is far past the "early prototyping stage" right now, and has a clearly defined timeline to mass production, going forward.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The Panasonic cells are not early prototype, it is the Panasonic production line that is still in the prototype phase. The latest iteration was described by Panasonic Energy's CEO as follows on June 1st, 2022: (fair warning: E-trek link)

Tadanobu added:

So Panasonic is far past the "early prototyping stage" right now, and has a clearly defined timeline to mass production moving forward.

Cheers!
Meh, semantics. Early Prototype vs non early prototype.

Point is not production like Tesla. These are not cells going into cars.

or there may be enough shares to squeak out a 2:1 split by cutting it close

Tesla's corporate bylaws (filed in Delaware) already allow the Board of Directors to authorize the insuance of up to 20% additional shares beyond the maximum number of shares listed in those bylaws. For Tesla, that would be 7.2 billion common shares, which is more that enough for a 3:1 then a 2:1 split (6:1 total). So 2-3 years worth of splits?

Cheers!

I apologize if this was addressed earlier, but any speculation on when this 3:1 split might happen? Early September maybe?

Okay, I'll play: Split to occur on Fri, Aug 26, 2022 after the Close of the regular trading session. Dividend shares to be tradable beginning Mon, Aug 29, 2022.

If the 2022 TSLA split pattern is repeated, the naked-short squeeze starts in earnest on Monday in the Pre-market (when shady brokers can't scratch up enough shares to cover the rightful holdings of their beneficial owners). Here's a chart from the prior split during midday trading:

TSLA.2020-08-31.09-25.png

Aug 31, 2020 finished the day up >18% intraday, going from $439.11 at 09:25 (just before the Open), then continuing to rise even after the Close to $516.79 at 4:42 PM, as brokers who were caught short-handed fought with Retail and others looking to front-run the Squeeze:

TSLA.2020-08-31.17-05.png

So now the outstanding issue is, looking forward from 2022, does Tesla need/want to do another cap raise on the back of a SP bump (recall that newly-issued shares rescued shortzes in the pre-Market on Sep 01, 2020). Or, can Tesla afford to just let the SP run?

Of course I say let it run, baby! Burn da shortzes, Elon! :D

#Predict

Last edited:
Meh, semantics. Early Prototype vs non early prototype.

Point is not production like Tesla. These are not cells going into cars.

Yeah, except all the 4680 cells for the currently shipping-to-retail Texas Model Y AWD come with cells made on Tesla's 4680 Pilot line on Kato Rd in Fremont, CA.

I hold that semantics matter, especially when dealing with non-technical investor types.

Cheers!

Reactions: Baumisch and CLK350
Okay, I'll play: Split to occur on Fri, Aug 26, 2022 after the Close of the regular trading session. Dividend shares to be tradable beginning Mon, Aug 29, 2022.

If the 2022 TSLA split pattern is repeated, the naked-short squeeze starts in ernest on Monday morning (when shady brokers can't scratch oup enough shares to cover the holdings of their beneficial owners).

The only remaining issue is, now in 2022, does Tesla need to do a cap. raise on the back of this SP rise, or can they just let it run?

I say let it run, baby! Burn da shortzes, Elon! :D

#Predict

You forgot to say the SP was going to be 969 the day of the split ;)

#notprediction

Yeah, except all the 4680 cells for the currently shipping-to-retail Texas Model Y AWD come with cells made on Tesla's 4680 Pilot line on Kato Rd in Fremont, CA.

I hold that semantics matter, especially when dealing with non-technical investor types.

Cheers!

Actually, Tesla has shown videos of actual production of cells from the lines in Austin, at the Giga Texas event. Ramp is not yet high, but they are in production.

I got to take the decision to sell 100 shares of TSLA this week.

Long story short, a guy I trained with met a lawyer who quit his job to fund his business he created with his brother 5 years ago. They accepted a Dragons Den offer of 300k for 30% ownership 5 years ago when their annual revenues was 500k. The valuation was 5M in October 2021 and is now 10M since they signed a 6M contract to sell in the US and are starting their US expansion selling at Costco, Disney, Dollar General. One of the funder has to sell 1% of his 12% stake in the company to invest with his friend in a telemedecine business worth 25M before it fills for IPO next year for a potentiel 1B value. Their gross revenue is increasing 10% monthly and the current consortium holding 75% of the company I am offered to buy 1% plan to sell the company in 4-5 years for 50M valuation realizing a 5x on my initial investment.

He wants to keep at least 10% of his shares in the company so he is offering me to buy 1% of his shares because he needs liquidity in the next week to close the deal with the other company which he accepted to buy 5% 30 days ago.

Would you sell 100 TSLA shares to buy 1% of a privately held profitable company with 120% YoY growth for a potential 4-5X within 4-5 years? Is it diversification or worsificiation?

Last edited:

If the 2022 TSLA split pattern is repeated, the naked-short squeeze starts in ernest on Monday morning (when shady brokers can't scratch oup enough shares to cover the holdings of their beneficial owners).

The only remaining issue is, now in 2022, does Tesla need to do a cap. raise on the back of this SP rise, or can they just let it run?

I say let it run, baby! Burn da shortzes, Elon! :D

#Predict
Are they really dumb/greedy enough to get burned twice?