Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD Beta wide release will mean a massive profit boost from higher take rate, fleet add ons, and revenue recognition. I'm so bullish right now a cowboy just tried to ride me.
Chunk Cook’s new video of FSD beta v10.69 showing impressive engagement of two roundabouts so new that they are not even on the map and construction cones still in place.

We need more stories like this to be pumped out through the mass media in order for the take rate to go up massively.

At the current take rate of approximately 10%, I think we should see a spike before the 25% price increase, but to see it fall under 10% afterwards as has been the trend for decreasing take rate simply due to affordability. Overall the price increase should significantly offset the reduction in take rate resulting in perhaps 20% additional revenue/profit from FSD.

Troy survey results showing decreasing FSD take rate

At the current take rate of approximately 10%, I think we should see a spike before the 25% price increase, but to see it fall under 10% afterwards as has been the trend for decreasing take rate simply due to affordability.

Worth keeping in mind that this is only the take rate for new orders. Doesn't factor in people who add after delivery (like myself, who just added it this month; 3 years after delivery).

I expected a closing cross-related price spike, but none occurred. Why not?

Hmm, and by Friday Close I was expecting the Market to open on Monday under its Middle-BB, then tickle it a few minutes after the Open, capped there, then slide again. It's just the MMs+hedgies way of stealing shares by inducing panic. (Pac-Man gameplay rules).

Why get more people to sell their shares (which MMs need) by raising share prices, when you can get those same shares (or even more) by lowering prices? Tesla is clearly on a path to double its profits over next two quarters. Why would MMs miss out on that?

Kojak.jpg

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Worth keeping in mind that this is only the take rate for new orders. Doesn't factor in people who add after delivery (like myself, who just added it this month; 3 years after delivery).
On the topic on adding FSD, here is one datapoint to an earlier post I saw on the add-on FSD pricing : last week I successfully convinced my friend to add FSD to her very old MY LR order that is about to be delivered. She told me that she was pleasantly surprised that she got the original FSD price that was with her original MY order and not today’s price. But this is in Canada so can’t speak for the US.

I think Elon’s tweet for Sept 5 will change that (for Canada?) so the new price will apply to all new FSD orders regardless of when was the car ordered.

On the topic on adding FSD, here is one datapoint to an earlier post I saw on the add-on FSD pricing : last week I successfully convinced my friend to add FSD to her very old MY LR order that is about to be delivered. She told me that she was pleasantly surprised that she got the original FSD price that was with her original MY order and not today’s price. But this is in Canada so can’t speak for the US.

I think Elon’s tweet for Sept 5 will change that (for Canada?) so the new price will apply to all new FSD orders regardless of when was the car ordered.

I guess this is "normal" - when you change an order via api tesla.com/de_DE/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXX then you can change options and get price of date of order - I could still change my MY LR to Performance with the old price.

If you do it via SA or Chat you shall get current pricing.

Prices are falling across the board for commodities, economies across the globe looking shaky from supply side shocks and Fed is saber rattling about 75 point hikes going forward.

Perhaps Fed is looking right at stock market and has decided that it is not interested in sustained rallies until inflation prints where they want it. The Fed covered call?

Chunk Cook’s new video of FSD beta v10.69 showing impressive engagement of two roundabouts so new that they are not even on the map and construction cones still in place.

We need more stories like this to be pumped out through the mass media in order for the take rate to go up massively.

At the current take rate of approximately 10%, I think we should see a spike before the 25% price increase, but to see it fall under 10% afterwards as has been the trend for decreasing take rate simply due to affordability. Overall the price increase should significantly offset the reduction in take rate resulting in perhaps 20% additional revenue/profit from FSD.

Troy survey results showing decreasing FSD take rate
Tesla did many things to nuke take rates ranked in the following.

1. Increase price
2. Introduction of subscription
3. Introductuon of EAP option
4. Difficult and randomness of safety score assignment
5. Increase asp of base cars.

Prices are falling across the board for commodities, economies across the globe looking shaky from supply side shocks and Fed is saber rattling about 75 point hikes going forward.

Perhaps Fed is looking right at stock market and has decided that it is not interested in sustained rallies until inflation prints where they want it. The Fed covered call?
Stock market rallies increase inflation. The Fed's main concern is main Street not Wallstreet as most people who struggles day to day doesn't own stocks. However as stock market prints free money for those who are in the market, they drive up the price of goods as profit takers freely spend money on everything.

This has been mentioned here already but I'm surprised this is not getting more attention outside this forum.
40 CASES PER DAY where Tesla stops the misapplication of the accelerator pedal. One video shows the car would have likely hit an elderly woman if the intervention was not made.

This should be the lead story on Tesla news . .on the Tesla Twitter feed, etc. and I would think that this alone would have NHTSA cheering on FSD/Autopilot.

1661170384675.png

Last edited:
I don't know how clear cut this reduction in robotaxi revenue is for 2 reasons - 1) the time lag to get 100m robotaxis on the road, and 2) the change in demand for a robotaxi like service.

so long story short, the combination limited supply and increased demand from both substitution and market expansion makes it seem fairly straightforward that there's time to recoup the current costs of robotaxi and potentially far more before market saturation eats away returns.
The 100 million number wasn't mine. It was from the poster I quoted. I believe Tesla will out compete most private Tesla robotaxis long before that.

It's anything but straightforward that there's time to recoup before saturation. All it takes is that FSD isn't ready for fullblown robotaxi in a couple of years yet. Let's say it's ready in 2025. It could be faster but there is certainly no guarantee of that. It could also take longer. In 2025 Tesla will make something like 4 million cars. Let's say they decide to put half of those into their own robotaxi fleet. After all since it's so profitable why wouldn't they?

Three years later there would be 4+6+9=19 x 50% = almost 10 million Tesla owned robotaxis. You are no longer getting even 12 hours use out of yours. You are likely not getting eight hours either. If you are also using it for your own rush hour transport and only have it available other hours you are probably down to less than six hours already.

Also, you may have gotten a great price for FSD. But there will very likely be a fee percentage just for joining the Tesla robotaxisystem so you can get passengers. Tesla will likely set that fee just high enough that you get to make enough money to continue but not low enough to let you make these several tens of thousand a year many seem to think they can make indefinitely. Why would they?

So you can make some money having your private car you already need/own in the fleet. But so many seems to have a plan of owning several Teslas. Then you need financing. Good luck finding a bank that will let an average Joe borrow most of that money for a second or third car. So you would have to sell Tesla shares to finance.

Yes, if you paid 15k, or less, and you can start using it as robotaxis in say 12 months you will probably have a couple of years with great returns. But so would keeping that money in shares do. Without all the work and risk of delays. Unless it's a car you have paid for anyway the investment will be significant.

No matter how you look at it. When robotaxis becomes a thing Tesla shares is likely to make a much better return than selling $100k of shares today for a couple of years of unknown returns. And you would have to put zero effort into the shares. Except the time spent here.

Stock market rallies increase inflation. The Fed's main concern is main Street not Wallstreet as most people who struggles day to day doesn't own stocks. However as stock market prints free money for those who are in the market, they drive up the price of goods as profit takers freely spend money on everything.

I'm an accountant where debits equal credits. So I have trouble following this.

If I buy something at $20 and then sell it at $100 . . . yes, I can now put $100 into the economy.
But didn't the person who purchased my share take $100 out of the economy?
Isn't it more about inflows and outflows of the market?
I'm not saying your post is incorrect, but I can't get my head around it.

I'm an accountant where debits equal credits. So I have trouble following this.

If I buy something at $20 and then sell it at $100 . . . yes, I can now put $100 into the economy.
But didn't the person who purchased my share take $100 out of the economy?
Isn't it more about inflows and outflows of the market?
I'm not saying your post is incorrect, but I can't get my head around it.
It's the transfer of wealth where large institutions become the buyers and the sellers are individual investors which leads to inflation. You are funneling money from single large entities to the masses who are the buyers of good.

Market crash does the opposite where retail money are sucked up by the big guns.

It's the transfer of wealth where large institutions become the buyers and the sellers are individual investors which leads to inflation. You are funneling money from single large entities to the masses who are the buyers of good.

Market crash does the opposite where retail money are sucked up by the big guns.
Yes this is the hilarious thing about fighting inflation.

If you give money to poor or working class people, they will spend it and there will be more money chasing the same goods.

If you give money to rich people they will nod with satisfaction when their monthly financial statements appear and the numbers have gone up.

People in the market in the US are globally wealthy by most any definition, but in this example the funds generally just sit on cash and move it around whereas retail is prone to cashing out and going on a spending frenzy.

I understand your logic. I have never seen any evidence at all that retail securities holders are more likely to spend wealth accumulated than are institutional investors that distribute wealth to investors. Direct or indirect I still have not seen any evidence of the pattern you suggest. If you have evidence please supply it.
I want to believe it, but cannot without evidence.

Last edited:
I understand your logic. I have never seen any evidence at all that retail securities holders are more likely to spend wealth accumulated than are institutional investors that distribute wealth to investors. Direct or indirect I sell ahem not seen any evidence of the pattern you suggest. If you have evidence please supply it.
I want to believe it, but cannot without evidence.
Chase analyzed based on credit card data that for every 10% rise in stocks, customers spend 1% more. Now the covid rise was parabolic so it definitely juiced up spending.

View attachment 843714

The Tesla was stationary. In fact it was at the charging station. But why let that spoil a good headline.

View attachment 843715

I just read an article about this accident in the Dailymail. Twice described the damage to the Tesla being in the rear passenger side, where the photos clearly show the main damage is to front door area. The writer also thought it useful to include the price of the Tesla, but not the Range Rover, of course.