Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect a lot of these locations are high accident locations. These are sketchy and I don’t think a great indication of what FSD is good for. How many of these tricky locations would be safer if the driver/ vehicle makes a few right turns? I know it’s not 100%, but I’m ok with FSD being very slow in these locations so long as it’s safe.
Or gets even smarter yet on which parking lot Exit to use so that the traffic lights and turns are in your favor. That's an opportunity I think, and I've seen evidence of it by the fact that I'm sometimes taken out the back of a mall strip that I didn't even know about, and uses a traffic light to cross over instead.

OTOH, avoiding hard parts would narrow scope of learning data.

I'm a bit chatty today... need to work on other stuff! I think it's the Costa Rican coffee bag I just opened.

Ship#11 left, and Ship # 12 is already docked.

BTW, anyone tracking Australia deliveries?
One of the Ships in EU list was earlier removed and slated to Australia(& in no longer in Franco's list).
Saw a twitter handle (Vedaprime??) other day saying 5 ships in Australia (but not sure if it was for this quarter)??

Last edited:
So, Elon pays $44B for Twitter. Immediately shuts it down as unusable.

Takes a $44B tax write of against the $45B owed on options and ends up only owning $1B in taxes. This is a brilliant plan.

Gets rid of Elons taxes and lets the government pay for shutting down Twitter.

Granted I'm not up to date on the US tax system but sounds good to me.
I nominate this post as conspiracy theory of particular merit, this would be brilliant if Elon didnt actually benefit from twitter being what it is

Has Germany made a decision about keeping the remaining three nuclear power plants open?

German economy minister rules out keeping nuclear plants running to save gas | REUTERS (Aug 21, 2022)

You've apparently never "seen" Apple. Very much a hardware company. Done many amazing things with software, many for the first time. Two simple examples: made security an integral part of the user experience in an understandable and usable way; facilitated the transition from PowerPC to Intel CPUs with software that made it mostly invisible to end users, and later did the same for Intel to Apple Silicon. We could talk about the whole software update thing that Tesla learned from as well, but why bother.
I consider Apple to be as much a software company as a hardware company. The true value of Apple is tied up in its software ecosystem. The same may be true of Tesla some day.

This is just insane. On top of the stolen Hyundia/Kia by USB port fiasco, and then today with their firmware being laughably cracked cuz they used a known AES key, they have ongoing EV battery recalls, news just broke that they're recalling another few hundred thousand SUV's due to trailer hitch wiring which can cause, you guessed it FIRE.

DETROIT (AP) — Hyundai and Kia are telling owners of some of their large SUVs to park them outdoors and away from buildings after a series of fires involving trailer hitch wiring.

The Korean automakers are recalling more than 281,000 vehicles in the U.S. because of the problem, but they haven’t figured out how to fix it yet. The automakers reported 25 fires or melting incidents in the U.S. and Canada caused by the problem, but no crashes or injuries.

I consider Apple to be as much a software company as a hardware company. The true value of Apple is tied up in its software ecosystem. The same may be true of Tesla some day.
Steve Jobs (not verbatim. Come on! I’ve already difficulty remembering my PIN and license plate). If you’re serious about software you make your own hardware. Dojo for Tesla.

and vice versa, I’d say. Tesla‘s.

Bloomberg said tech and batteries but obv it's the media so...
These car makers announcing deals to produce battery packs for boats cracks me up.

How do they even have the capacity to spare for this? Is there a shortage on the demand side?

Or gets even smarter yet on which parking lot Exit to use so that the traffic lights and turns are in your favor. That's an opportunity I think, and I've seen evidence of it by the fact that I'm sometimes taken out the back of a mall strip that I didn't even know about, and uses a traffic light to cross over instead.

OTOH, avoiding hard parts would narrow scope of learning data.

I'm a bit chatty today... need to work on other stuff! I think it's the Costa Rican coffee bag I just opened.
Yep. Routing is far more important for avoiding accidents in this sort of scenario then driving skill.

I think the drivers in these situations engage FSD in ways to force it into tough situations.

And this is one of the first steps. Cloud-based profiles are finally here!

And this is one of the first steps. Cloud-based profiles are finally here!
Fantastic!

So when I get my Cybertruck, I’ll register it on my account, walk up to it, and it’ll be setup for my wife too!

I kid of course, it only does that 30% of the time when she’s with me. This is pretty rad.

Tesla’s car computer is a massively under-rated feature.

<snip>
But only in the extreme cases you can measure/get an idea, where your pareto-front currently is.. <snip>

Ha! My favorite Negotiations Professor would love you! His favorite methodology was a pareto-optimal solution... figure what's important to you and what's not really important and negotiate appropriately.

Just to nip this discussion in the bud, a little bit, tax due on exercising options is considered to be income, while tax on investment is considered to be taxable capital gain (or loss), whether short or long term. The two are not interchangeable, except that you can claim $3000 each year of capital loss against income. So just a few hundred thousand years for it to come out in the wash for Elon.
I wasn't gonna make another post on this since it's obviously in jest. Mostly.

But my post you quote specifically says 'Not the options but regular shares sold to finance Mars.'

When Elon eventually sell $200B of longtime shares don't that count as taxable capital gain just as losing an entire investment in Twitter or anything else count as capital loss? At least where I live you can reduce you taxes this way.

I'm not gonna post anymore about this but would really like to know.

3:30pm Tuesday
1661282884165.png

You can consider it whatever you like, but that won't change what it is. What matters at any company is what revenue is tied to. Apple gets essentially no revenue from software, essentially all from hardware. That has been changing in recent years as the company has been getting more and more from what's classified as services.

But it's all off topic here, so this is my last comment (at least during trading hours).

• Disagree
Reactions: heltok