Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually not that bad. Westinghouse told the government back in February/March they could get fuel in six months

They're even on record saying it

The problem is that it's behind a paywall at a niche German publication, so I haven't seen it picked up in industry news...

April 21: Energie: Warum die Atommeiler weiterlaufen sollten

August 4: Atomkraft: Es ist Zeit, neu nachzudenken
There's a podcast you can listen to here, at 15 min 30 sec: Atomstrom: Lichtblick in der Energiekrise
I've seen an interview on TV news of someone representing the German nuclear plant owners very clearly saying that they would have no problem extending the use of the German plants that are supposed to close soon if they were asked by the government.

This was a couple of months ago and I have no idea how to find that on video anywhere but there was no doubt in their mind that they could continue operate them.

I thought it would, if you make a U-turn on the next intersection - but FSD can't do U-turns and thus drives into the neighborhood again & ends up at the same spot.. or do i not remember something correctly?
I remember Chuck saying in one of his videos that the stats showed that doing a U-turn at the next intersection to the right was more dangerous than his unprotected left turn. Or maybe it was just that there were more accidents at that intersection. But he definitely indicated his belief that going right and then doing a U-turn wasn't safer, at least according to the numbers he knew of.

Reactions: AZRI11
I thought it would, if you make a U-turn on the next intersection - but FSD can't do U-turns and thus drives into the neighborhood again & ends up at the same spot.. or do i not remember something correctly?
A U-turn left is not a right turn. So you are avoiding a left turn to take right then a more dangerous left turn.

Thus the Chuck Cook left turn can not be avoided by only right turns

Three rights make a left. 😜
only true if there is a grid of 90 degree angle streets around you. You need to cross the street before taking the first of the three rights.

The turn in question is a T intersection with a railroad across the street so you can't use the 3 rights workaround.

You do remember correctly that if you take 3 rights from Chuck Cooks left turn that you end up at the same left turn again.

The only reasonable way out of that neighborhood is the "dangerous" left turn that so many here want to say "I would just take a right instead".

Taking the right doesn't get you where you need to go and just makes it worse. You either end up wasting time or taking a more dangerous left elsewhere.

A U-turn left is not a right turn. So you are avoiding a left turn to take right then a more dangerous left turn.

Thus the Chuck Cook left turn can not be avoided by only right turns

You do remember correctly that if you take 3 rights from Chuck Cooks left turn that you end up at the same left turn again.

The only reasonable way out of that neighborhood is the "dangerous" left turn that so many here want to say "I would just take a right instead".

Taking the right doesn't get you where you need to go and just makes it worse.

Would be interesting to see a map of the area - do we know exactly where the left turn is located?

Reactions: Nocturnal
The clickbait blogoshere is quick to jump to the wrong conclusion about Giga Shanghai production. False.

WuWa on Twitter: "Electricity restrictions are being implemented in Shanghai, but please be assured that they are limited to landscape and advertising power and do not affect industrial power. Here's the Bund in Shanghai under power restrictions #上海 #BUND #lujiazui 😀👉https://t.co/CN6gpTj0vL https://t.co/729PUNjqNf" / Twitter

Fa26LjzaMAIEmZu

Kinda serene downtown w/o all those flashing ads, wot? Now if we could only reduce power to some clickbait bloggers... ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

The clickbait blogoshere is quick to jump to the wrong conclusion about Giga Shanghai production. False.

WuWa on Twitter: "Electricity restrictions are being implemented in Shanghai, but please be assured that they are limited to landscape and advertising power and do not affect industrial power. Here's the Bund in Shanghai under power restrictions #上海 #BUND #lujiazui 😀👉https://t.co/CN6gpTj0vL https://t.co/729PUNjqNf" / Twitter

Fa26LjzaMAIEmZu

Kinda serene downtown w/o all those flashing ads, wot? Now if we could only reduce power to some clickbait bloggers... ;)

Cheers to the Longs!
Note that this was being reported by mainstream news organizations covering a Chinese media report: CNN, Reuters etc, not clickbait bloggers.

As i theorized yesterday, I think it came from a mistranslation of the original chinese article - where Shanghai based car manufactures were confirming that power outages in Sichuan were impacting their suppliers factories in Sichuan (rather than impacting the manufactures Shanghai based factories - which is where the misreporting happened)

Reactions: MikeC
Looks like the odds of Elon getting off the hook on the whole Twitter debacle just went up. Anyone else excited about the prospect of him possibly buying back $billions in TSLA shares?
I'd be more excited about the prospect of him getting a killer deal on Twitter so he can take that ball and run with it like he wants.

I'd be more excited about the prospect of him getting a killer deal on Twitter so he can take that ball and run with it like he wants.

TBH - For 105M users on an account from a CEO of at least one company, Tesla, that does no advertising...

...automotive is $90 / customer, tech companies is $400 / customer (I'm just ballparking based from this data)

To Elon - Twitter is worth anywhere between $9.45B -> $42B just for his Elon Musk account alone to replace his customer acquisition for the products/services his companies provide.

Edit: Obviously, not every twitter user is real nor are they customers. Though, they are affiliates of his account which broadens his reach. I think the math in this post still stands if you use some multipliers that are beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the odds of Elon getting off the hook on the whole Twitter debacle just went up. Anyone else excited about the prospect of him possibly buying back $billions in TSLA shares?
I'm certainly excited about the prospect. But I think we have a long ways to go before we know anything definitive. If I had to make a bet at this point, I bet they negotiate a lower price that all can point to as a win. If that happens, I don't think there will be much cash left over to buy back TSLA shares in any meaningful way.

I’m ambivalent about him running with Twitter, but this seems like the more likely outcome. Twitter’s board is likely not going to want to face a court battle over this where they are potentially exposed to purgery or fraud charges so they will negotiate a deal with Musk.

What exactly happens to the shareholders who end up holding the bag here is anyone’s guess. Smells like a giant lawsuit?? I’d love to see some of them get cooked but usually C suites and board members walk free unless there is hard evidence.

I'm certainly excited about the prospect. But I think we have a long ways to go before we know anything definitive. If I had to make a bet at this point, I bet they negotiate a lower price that all can point to as a win. If that happens, I don't think there will be much cash left over to buy back TSLA shares in any meaningful way.

I think he'll have a lot more leverage to negotiate a lower price if that's what he wants. Not sure he still wants it though. What once looked like a tasty snowcone is turning out to be more of a dirty snowball. But if he does get it for say $40B, that should leave him with about $10B to buy back shares.

I think he'll have a lot more leverage to negotiate a lower price if that's what he wants. Not sure he still wants it though. What once looked like a tasty snowcone is turning out to be more of a dirty snowball. But if he does get it for say $40B, that should leave him with about $10B to buy back shares.
We'll see. I hope you're right.

I'm not convinced that he (1) doesn't want to go through with the deal, (2) that he will negotiate a very low price, or (3) that his current financing partners will follow through. If he negotiates to purchase, he will have to offer a purchase price that is acceptable to the Twitter board. And with all the new information that has come to light, I wouldn't be surprised if some of his financing falls through and he ends up using more of his personal cash than originally planned.