Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect a lot of these locations are high accident locations. These are sketchy and I don’t think a great indication of what FSD is good for. How many of these tricky locations would be safer if the driver/ vehicle makes a few right turns? I know it’s not 100%, but I’m ok with FSD being very slow in these locations so long as it’s safe.
Chuck Cook's left turn is not avoidable with right turns. He's covered that in video and it's been covered in this thread multiple times.

Fantastic!

So when I get my Cybertruck, I’ll register it on my account, walk up to it, and it’ll be setup for my wife too!
I think you will still need to explicitly authorize your wife in the "Manage Drivers" section on your Tesla app.

That's a feature too if you don't want her driving your Cybertruck. ;)

You can consider it whatever you like, but that won't change what it is. What matters at any company is what revenue is tied to. Apple gets essentially no revenue from software, essentially all from hardware. That has been changing in recent years as the company has been getting more and more from what's classified as services.

But it's all off topic here, so this is my last comment (at least during trading hours).
When you buy Apple hardware you are also buying a software license. So revenue is tied to both. They are not valued separately.

And yes, I can consider it whatever I like. It's silly to argue semantics.

Reactions: Thumper and BitJam
What is more important is the last minute push to get vix to close above 24 but not able to. Bears running out of firepower?
I find the past week or so of renewed "Fed rate fears" to be very humorous. Sure Wall St......pound the table as much as you want. No one's believing you.

Instead, we're watching the dynamics of commodity prices continually falling everywhere, housing continuing to roll over while the jobs market and economy stay stable and heathy.

I wasn't gonna make another post on this since it's obviously in jest. Mostly.

But my post you quote specifically says 'Not the options but regular shares sold to finance Mars.'

When Elon eventually sell $200B of longtime shares don't that count as taxable capital gain just as losing an entire investment in Twitter or anything else count as capital loss? At least where I live you can reduce you taxes this way.

I'm not gonna post anymore about this but would really like to know.
My apologies, I should have referred to the earlier post, not yours. You are entirely correct that I misread what you meant. I'll edit the post to make that clear.

Last edited:
Right. Nice non-manipulated plunge, huh? 🙄

And only 380K vol at the Closing Cross today, vs. 1M+ the past 2 days on similar daily volume.

TSLA.2022-08-23.16-00.png

Well played, MMs and hedgies.

/s

Lithium mines in Canada?

That's what the individual was saying to my wife. I would have interrogated him a bit more if I was there.

I wonder if he was talking about exploratory ventures, or if these are "hard rock spodumene deposits and brine-based lithium" extractions being sent to China to process the lithium?

In any case, I guess it's actively being developed, and China is getting to our lithium first (in QC and MB at least)

Reminder - this is an investment thread so the following would ideally be permanent.

Recommended guidelines for posting Wednesday and Thursday either side of the split:
  1. Use off topic galore - use it and others will follow
  2. Questions on split mechanics etc. here TSLA Stock Split such as my Broker is showing wrong SP etc.
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
Other relevant threads:
Investor Engineering Discussions
FSD 10.69
Twitter
How much $ to retire and how to fund your lifestyle in retirement
Options and LEAPS
Numerology - 300, 369, 420 etc.

Good luck - may the farce be with you.

I find the past week or so of renewed "Fed rate fears" to be very humorous. Sure Wall St......pound the table as much as you want. No one's believing you.

Instead, we're watching the dynamics of commodity prices continually falling everywhere, housing continuing to roll over while the jobs market and economy stay stable and heathy.
Nordstrom just reported big time inventory glut problems. Stock plummeting after hours.

The Saudis have added support to the oil price gouging trade.....but we have the US inventory report tomorrow and I think it's gonna show a lot of supply.

Let's see who can win this battle. Certainly feels like bulls should be able to take control. JPMorgan has the S&P at 4800 by year end.

I would just turn right. Remember. Three rights make a left. 😜
only true if there is a grid of 90 degree angle streets around you. You need to cross the street before taking the first of the three rights.

The turn in question is a T intersection with a railroad across the street so you can't use the 3 rights workaround.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncaNed
Reminder - this is an investment thread so the following would ideally be permanent.

Recommended guidelines for posting Wednesday and Thursday either side of the split:
  1. Use off topic galore - use it and others will follow
  2. Questions on split mechanics etc. here TSLA Stock Split such as my Broker is showing wrong SP etc.
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
Other relevant threads:
Investor Engineering Discussions
FSD 10.69
Twitter
How much $ to retire and how to fund your lifestyle in retirement
Options and LEAPS
Numerology - 300, 369, 420 etc.

Good luck - may the farce be with you.
While Moderators appreciate well-meaning assistance, it might be wise to tread carefully, Bucky, or you may be shanghaiied aboard the leaky craft Moddy McModFace.

Won't help.
The thing discussed if they should power down now to conserve fuel into next year and over the winter... Thing is: 2 of them need worldwide unique fuel that has to be produced first which takes at least 18 months.

And they need to be completely recertified as they are currently running without proper certification that was due 18/19 because the have a fixed turnoff date at 31.12. and for that recertification they would have to be shut down for 6-12 weeks.

So.. it is not just "turn em back on" 😅
It's actually not that bad. Westinghouse told the government back in February/March they could get fuel in six months

They're even on record saying it

The problem is that it's behind a paywall at a niche German publication, so I haven't seen it picked up in industry news...

April 21: Energie: Warum die Atommeiler weiterlaufen sollten
Gegenüber dem Tech Briefing gab Westinghouse am Montag folgende Stellungnahme ab. Um Bedeutungsunterschiede durch Übersetzung zu vermeiden, hier das englischsprachige und dem Inhalt nachunmissverständliche Original:

„When the German government announced a few weeks ago that the operation of the last three reactors might be extended in light of the Russian war on Ukraine, we were asked if we could supply the fuel needed for these reactors to extend these operations. We answered positively at the time. We have the product design and we could prioritize the production. As of today, if we received a similar request, we would still be in a position to supply the fuel by the end of the year. The window is narrowing fast so such a request should come quickly, if it was to come.”

Gefragt worden war Westinghouse von der Bundesregierung nach Russlands Invasion in der Ukraine. Die Firma bestätigte, innerhalb von sechs Monaten liefern zu können, also vor dem Abschalten der Reaktoren. Doch trotz dieser positiven Aussage verlief die Sache im Sande. Berlin meldete sich nicht zurück. Stattdessen behauptete die Regierung öffentlich, Brennstäbe seien nicht rechtzeitig zu beschaffen.

August 4: Atomkraft: Es ist Zeit, neu nachzudenken
There's a podcast you can listen to here, at 15 min 30 sec: Atomstrom: Lichtblick in der Energiekrise
Westinghouse Electric ist ein großer Lieferant von Brennstäben. CEO Patrick Fragman hatte gegenüber dem Tech Briefing schon zu Ostern gesagt, dass er liefern kann. Doch es bestellte niemand etwas. Jetzt betonte er aus aktuellem Anlass ein weiteres Mal:

Of course we would be willing to receive an order at any time and we would be ready to fulfill it. However to allow uninterrupted operation of the three operating plants the sooner we receive the better.

Außerdem fügte er hinzu:

We have delivered fuel assemblies to German plants before and stand ready to do so again. We already have the product design and we could prioritize the production.

One day I hear they close, the other day I hear they don’t close.
The international press is quiet about the 2 Belgian nuclear plants that close this winter. 1GW gone in october, another 1GW gone in februari. The idea was to replace that by natural gas (ouch!) and/or import (from France, ouch!) until we have more renewable energy.

The biggest black pill to me, honestly, was learning from one of the posters here that France blocks Spanish solar from reaching the continent through it’s borders.

Look, Europeans… if you wanna be a part of the global industrial economic elite you are going to need solar from Spain or the Sahara. Your renewable resources honestly suck, especially compared to the US and China, and doubly especially your solar, and wind won’t be able to compete with solar… it’s medium term variability sucks requiring a lot more storage when use extends beyond just supplementation. Outside of southern Spain, your solar resources have very poor production in the winter months (when energy demand is the highest), like 2-4% capacity factor.

Build huge amounts of HVDC to Spain Europe, I beg you. Otherwise you’re just gonna fall further behind.

Last edited:
Chuck Cook's left turn is not avoidable with right turns. He's covered that in video and it's been covered in this thread multiple times.
I thought it would, if you make a U-turn on the next intersection - but FSD can't do U-turns and thus drives into the neighborhood again & ends up at the same spot.. or do i not remember something correctly?

Reactions: ThisStockGood