Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
Wanted a quick answer regarding shipping of our Model 3 cross-country. It will take >6 days and they are picking up tomorrow morning, so trying to figure out best way to do this.

Leave sentry mode on or off?
Valet mode?
Anything else to ensure safety and security of the car?
Take the time estimation with a grain of salt. I shipped a car across the country (a Leaf but that's irrelevant). They told me it would take about a week. I made arrangements with my real estate agent to take delivery. Twenty four hours later I get a call telling me they are there and asking where to drop the car. My real estate agent was on vacation so I had to contact my new boss and ask her to accept it. I caught her at work.... on a Sunday.

The only thing I can figure is the two drivers drove all the way across the country, then started dropping vehicles off on the way back.

Tesla Boomer Mama of "TSLA should be investment grade" fame just wrote a compelling summary of why Tesla is so awesome. Nothing new for the intelligencia here but a feel good piece if you're questioning your investment thesis.

Fortune - today:

Elon Musk told Trump to sail into the sunset, now the former President tells supporters it’s time to get rid of electric cars in Pennsylvania rally rant

Excerpt:

At a speech this weekend in the coal-mining town of Wilkes-Barre in Pennsylvania, Trump hinted he would roll back any such subsidies, recounting a story about a friend fed up with driving their EV from Kentucky to Washington, DC, due to all the alleged charging stops.

“He told me (…) ‘please, please let’s get rid of this stuff’,” claimed Trump, adding it allegedly took the person “more time to charge the damn car” than spent driving it.
His friend shouldn't have cheaped out and bought a Tesla instead.

You mean other than lobbying for a bill to get rid of net metering and significantly increasing the monthly fee to stay connected to the grid? Thankfully Desantis vetoed the bill. It would have crushed rooftop solar
I've over-paid for energy from the grid for many decades before I installed solar. I'm pretty sure I've paid plenty for maintenance of the grid during this time. I'm willing to pay a monthly connection fee to use the grid to absorb my excess production and provide power when I need more than my solar/battery can provide (like a week of rain). I get it. Besides paying the TOU $/kWh rate per kWh used when I need power, what's a reasonable "monthly grid participation charge" to cover maintenance beyond my kWh rate? I'm sure their proposed $8/kW of installed panels /month is ridiculous...

Tesla Boomer Mama of "TSLA should be investment grade" fame just wrote a compelling summary of why Tesla is so awesome. Nothing new for the intelligencia here but a feel good piece if you're questioning your investment thesis.

Her last comment is classic. "And please do know, the world is watching."

With both the investment grade rating and S & P ESG rating just shows these are just opinions and judgments. Nothing more than opinionated gambling on winners and losers. I would just ask them why they think they are a better judge than anyone else. The truth is they have no more information than you and I.

6scyhy.jpg

Jordan of the limiting factor just released a new video on his Patreon 8 hours ago consisting of him being interviewed … mostly about battery technology, but they get into factory strategy, supply chains and even car engineering. Highly recommended. Not as dense and hard to follow as Jordan‘s usual videos. Very approachable. I believe his Patreon is relatively cheap too.

Hopefully this is a signal that 4680 production is ramping and excess 2170 can go to Powerwalls.

I believe Tesla has commented a couple times now including on the last earnings call that Energy production had been constrained by supplies for certain parts, but that batteries weren’t one of them. I also think they’re prioritizing Megapack production since they wrapped up construction of the Megapack factory back in April. So I feel Powerwall is down the list in terms of priority

when China has something to lose, they will think twice about invading Taiwan. When there isn't much to lose, it's a different story. Same thing with Russia and Ukraine
Not sure I follow. Russia has lost a tremendous amount-lives, expensive military equipment, money spent supporting a war, international prestige, led to the expansion of NATO, various sanctions costing them billions just as a start. Yet that did nothing to deter their leadership. And the CCP leadership is at least as blinded to other cultures and as arrogant concerning their position of superiority as Russia's leaders. They could attack the Republic of China at any time. But invasion is unlikely given their lack of amphibious transport capability.

I had mentioned that several weeks ago - Munro might have been asked to postpone battery pack innards reveal. The pack has been opened with its pink goo. The cell inside has not been opened. It has been long since their July 12 video.
They don't release that level of detail to the public, you have to buy the reports.

Last edited: