Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I find shenanigans insanely annoying. And as I mentioned yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if the strength from yesterday is more than offset by TSLA underperforming today. And that's pretty much what's happening.
So you would have felt better if we dumped 3% yesterday just to be up 4.5% today?

As I mentioned in a previous post, I find shenanigans insanely annoying. And as I mentioned yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if the strength from yesterday is more than offset by TSLA underperforming today. And that's pretty much what's happening.
I haven't been on here nearly as much... so I don't know all of your posts.

Tesla's normal beta compared to the Nasdaq is around 1.5-1.6... which is roughly where it is today. That isn't making up for yesterday at all. If we look at just this week, Tesla is up 5.9% vs 1.6% for the Nasdaq.

ummm.gif

I haven't been on here nearly as much... so I don't know all of your posts.

Tesla's normal beta compared to the Nasdaq is around 1.5-1.6... which is roughly where it is today. That isn't making up for yesterday at all. If we look at just this week, Tesla is up 5.9% vs 1.6% for the Nasdaq.
TSLA's beta is 2.18. Unless Yahoo Finance has it wrong.

As for shenanigans, there's a clear attempt to cap TSLA's rise today, which tells me there's intent to cap the stock for at least the rest of this week even if the macro's keep rallying. That was point about TSLA's trading. The early week trading is just to position the stock for a certain end of week price. I don't really consider outperformance on a macro down day genuine until there's follow through on a macro green day.

Reactions: jeewee3000
TSLA's beta is 2.18. Unless Yahoo Finance has it wrong.

As for shenanigans, there's a clear attempt to cap TSLA's rise today, which tells me there's intent to cap the stock for at least the rest of this week even if the macro's keep rallying. That was point about TSLA's trading. The early week trading is just to position the stock for a certain end of week price. I don't really consider outperformance on a macro down day genuine until there's follow through on a macro green day.

Beta to the overall market is 2.18. To the Nasdaq it is 1.5-1.6.

It was interesting when Alexandra said Apple did a huge debt raise which forced Moody's to reevaluate their junk bond status only from a quantitively perspective as the numbers were perfect. Moody's, wanting to make sure the debt raise will be successful, upgraded Apple that same day to investment grade of AA. Apple then used all of that debt raise to buy back stock, squeezing it upwards. What a way to tell Moody's to F themselves.

Wow... that is massive. Imagine the power supply requirements when all 164 are charging.

And there will be a day when all 164 will be occupied. Perhaps 5 years from now.
When will this one and all the large stations in CA be on Solar as Elon mentioned. That will be MANY batteries and panels just for a site like this alone. I hope they have a second lot as big as this one.

• Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
A friend of mine hit a moose on his motorcycle, didn't end well. I've come really close to having the stupid things take me out, both on bike and in truck.
Moose were around long before motorcycles and trucks. While they not be road smart, they deserve right of way.

Well the path is set for a recovery if tomorrow can confirm the breakout. Macro will need to play along, but if there is confirmation we could see the move up to 290/300 pretty quick with somewhere between 310 and 325 forming major resistance. Though with only being a touch above, failure could confirm and establish the downtrend as resistance.

Wow... that is massive. Imagine the power supply requirements when all 164 are charging.

And there will be a day when all 164 will be occupied. Perhaps 5 years from now.
Assuming the site is being deployed soon, I would assume 2023 they will all be charging, not in five years. I remember seeing a wait on a holiday at the Kettleman supercharger which was probably 1/3 of that size last year. Wonder if they get high efficiency solar canopy parking and megapacks that participate in the VPP to earn their keep?

Reactions: navguy12 and Ogre

I am interested in seeing a 'calculated' forecats showing how many chargers/stations are needed once 50/80/95 % of ICE gets replaced providing same functionality in terms of cars/miles driven.

This is not the last one large-supercharger project for sure. As the EV fleet grows, we'll se more and more of charging stations.