Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a very patient person. I have no reason or need to sell my shares for the next few years.

But I'm sure as hell not going to be content with the shenanigans from Wall St when it comes to TSLA's valuation. And that includes Wall st traders, hedge funds, credit rating agencies, MM's, and especially analysts (even bull side analysts) that give laughable earnings estimates which they know are skewing the metrics in terms of how cheap TSLA's valuation appears.

I hear that. Just think of it this way- all those clowns and circus freaks are extending the timeframe where smart folks like us can buy shares at a discount. Carpe diem!

With a car, an animal gets clipped at the legs, the body pivots into the hood, then has a secondary impact with the windshield which is nearly vertical.

With the Cybertruck, once something impacts the hood, there is no secondary impact, it just slides up the windshield like a ramp.
If this works with a high heavy load like a moose the cyber truck would be good for Maine customers. A moose launcher...unless the moose lands on the car following behind.

Need to break 282 to break out of the August downtrend, and over 283 to get back into the upward channel. The resistance here ties right with strong TA forces working against TSLA, but if they break... the next resistance is ~290/291 and is likely to be weak.
Sure, we just need what looks to be a Nasdaq up 3-4% day to achieve it 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Nocturnal
$3000 + $19500 for FSD > $price of some small cars in Canada.
This makes the price for adding FSD the same as or more than buying some small new cars.

Got to admit that I did not do extensive research into small cars before making that claim in my original post. Just spent 5 seconds with Google. So the prices may be slightly outdated.

View attachment 849814
I just configured my car with new pricing and it is about $90K more than what I paid for! This mainly due to higher price FSD, luxury BC tax and luxury Canada tax. Granted, the new Model X is nicer with newer technology , double pane windows etc. But still $90K more. Wonder how it affects the resale value.

Last edited:
it's 100% for sure not starlink given both the time frame and the description of the feature.
It is Globalstar. Their trades on stock exchange have been halted. I think this feature is less sophisticate than T-Mobile in combination with Starlink as with you don’t have to look for satellites and you can send texts too.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. I was about to point out that the gen2 sats with the laser links were already flying and that some users had already noted latency reductions (44ms >>> 37ms)

but then I realised that the observed latency reductions were not of the correct magnitude (20ms) for the laser links, and that in any case it seems FCC has yet to authorise switch-on

But I really can't see the laser links not getting approved. The US defence implications are such that it will surely get approved. Not that many text users will ever notice, though I'm sure there will be some edge case out there.
Laser links are not regulated by the FCC because the signals are in unregulated frequencies (i.e., visible and infrared light). Starlink can turn those on as it wishes, and I believe it has done so for select uses.

You'd think traders would be eating MM's alive with this predictable SP action.

View attachment 849966

Perhaps they're a bit gun-shy with all the rocket fuel piled in front of us.
Perhaps this this is mostly the MM trading with themselves while the rest of us HODL. I haven't seen ARK trade TSLA in a while now, seemingly ignoring this BS like we are. Plus, I can't imaging folks having a stop loss on TSLA so they probably are losing some $ to day traders as you say. Maybe creating a pattern is a strategy to get people trading it more and more, then they tighten up their hold on shares and watch it rise to the next level, rinse and repeat. The more people are in/out, the more likely they can acquire more chairs when it takes off. But I'm just guessing here, who knows how it all plays out this year.

I can't wait for Beethoven's 5th Symphony - I think the show is about to start.

Looks like iPhone 14 can connect to Starlink Satellites to send emergency SOS text messages.

Of course Apple doesn't name which company runs the satellites.

SpaceX are launching a test satellite for AST SpaceMobile on the 10th. They have a bigger antenna than Starlink V2 which allows smaller cell sizes and much higher data capacity. Both Starlink V2 and SpaceMobile connect to most existing phones without modification. They use a small part of the spectrumalready allocated to mobile phones (which may be different in each country). Tesla has an agreement with T Mobile to use a small portion of their spectrum.

Tesla cars with premium connectivity will probably be able to use the Starlink V2 and perhaps SpaceMobile for connectivity in "not-spots".

There is a UK company Bullitt that is developing a chipset to add to existing phones to connect to one of 2 unnamed satellite networks.

Unclear which satellites Apple are using, but perhaps they are doing something similar to Bullitt.

If this works with a high heavy load like a moose the cyber truck would be good for Maine customers. A moose launcher...unless the moose lands on the car following behind.
Moose are tall. Chop them off at the ankles and the initial impact is very likely to be right smack on the windshield on a Cybertruck.

Don't mess with a moose, that much weight that high off the ground is a recipe for trouble for any vehicle.

Grumpy as ever! Even after a day where everything was pretty much all red and Tesla was green. The Nasdaq is recovering, and Tesla is still outperforming. Not as much as any of us want, but it is.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I find shenanigans insanely annoying. And as I mentioned yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if the strength from yesterday is more than offset by TSLA underperforming today. And that's pretty much what's happening.