Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It truly is amazing how well FUD works on so many people.
Most of us are programmed to follow. To be a social species there must be a hierarchy. Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the meal. What you’re witnessing is simply our nature that allows us to (mostly) be a working and cooperative community.

What’s unfortunate is that sometimes the leaders at the top are not good species members. They are selfish, destructive, narcissistic, criminal, unethical etc…

Take heart that the person leading this brigade is none of the bad of humanity and all of the good. Do your part and spread truth and love. Be a good follower/sub-commander and support the leader in any way you can so that your descendants might prosper.

I understand that you and many others are compelled by your nature to think negatively, to endlessly search to find that one thing that can destroy the best thing that has ever happened to us all. Every once in a while it isn’t too good to be true.

Tesla will transcend politics. It is you and others who want to make things political despite your words. There isn’t a box that exists to put Tesla in, stop trying so hard to find one.
What the blazes are you babbling about this time? I posed that BEFORE an election, trying to elicit useful insight from someone who has far better sources of information about the world’s ninth largest economy than do you, I, and likely Tesla.

Go outside and breathe some fresh mountain air.

The answers to your questions are the same and easy. None of it is relevant to Tesla. They’ll simply keep their heads down and chug along like they have from the start. They’ll continue to make the right, moral and ethical decisions for all of us regardless of all the extraneous 💩political or otherwise.

What you’re trying to do is make up scenarios that somehow go so wrong for Tesla that it mortally wounds them. Not going to happen. If the world goes so bad that Tesla is destroyed then we’ve got much bigger problems on our hands than the value of our portfolios.

This company does not operate like any other on the planet. They do not make decisions like every other company (or you) make. Take Elon’s words to heart; Tesla will do the right thing even if it means lawsuits against them. Those lawsuits will not kill Tesla, but on the off chance they do, see paragraph above.

I understand that you and many others are compelled by your nature to think negatively, to endlessly search to find that one thing that can destroy the best thing that has ever happened to us all. Every once in a while it isn’t too good to be true.

Tesla will transcend politics. It is you and others who want to make things political despite your words. There isn’t a box that exists to put Tesla in, stop trying so hard to find one.
You are wrong in several of these statements. I, like many people who analyze options, think we should always consider the positives and negatives so as to better optimize decisions. That is not thinking negatively. Blind faith is never a good idea. More knowledge is better that the alternative. You may presume to judge other people's thought processes but you're simply ignoring issues.

Where I negative about anything Tesla I would not have gains of five digits on my portfolio. Neither would that be true had I ignored developing risks.

If you are so convinced my thoughts are unless, block me. Strangely, perhaps I sometimes find yours useful so I will not block you despite your disdain.

It always amazes me that so many people listen to brokers who make money when you buy and when you sell, but not if you just hold.

Many people have managed accounts charging a % of assets and no transaction fees where the dynamic is the opposite and trading is detrimental to the broker’s profits, unless total account value rises, of course. My broker occasionally complains about options trading in my Roth, so I just have to remind him that he’s getting a cut of the increased value.

One thing is for sure, we can always count on Trip to be bullish on $TSLA :)
1664809863080.png

if you have logistic issues with 350,000 deliveries, with a million
deliveries and beyond they would be greatly amplified. Smoothing out
Deliveries throughout the quarter is the only way to deal with it.

it’s possible China demand temporarily weakened in the last month
requiring tesla to divert sales elsewhere. When China reports
september sales we will have a clearer picture.

tesla can always divert sales to the rest of Asia and/ or reduce
reduce prices to stimulate demand.

Which one of you bought 74,629 call contracts expiring September 2023? Looks like a bullish trade was opened a couple of minutes before 10 AM Eastern. Strikes ranging from 333 to 350.

Edit: On further inspection this looks like a spread. Long 333.33 vs short 340s and some 350s. Decent size, but not as big as I originally thought.

edit2: See @wnorris posting below that these are all sells. Oh well, these are still a solid buy imo.

Last edited:
Unfortunately only based on "sources familiar with the matter". We will see what comes out of this, but not spectacular enough to make it up IMHO.

Which one of you bought 74,629 call contracts expiring September 2023? Looks like a bullish trade was opened a couple of minutes before 10 AM Eastern. Strikes ranging from 333 to 350.
Guilty :) j/k....attempted to shake the couch and was able to find some loose change for 22 more shares @$243.50....it's only a matter of time before it goes to the moon again.

What the blazes are you babbling about this time? I posed that BEFORE an election, trying to elicit useful insight from someone who has far better sources of information about the world’s ninth largest economy than do you, I, and likely Tesla.

Go outside and breathe some fresh mountain air.
🙄

You were trying to talk about politics under the guise of ‘let’s not make it political’.

Tesla will choose to set up shop where it’s most advantageous to the business and thus to us all, regardless of what you or the other guy thinks.

Go start a thread: Tesla in Brazil? If anyone other than you two participate, I’ll give it 24hrs to turn political.

Unfortunately only based on "sources familiar with the matter". We will see what comes out of this, but not spectacular enough to make it up IMHO.
With the IRA, that is very plausible.

You are wrong in several of these statements. I, like many people who analyze options, think we should always consider the positives and negatives so as to better optimize decisions. That is not thinking negatively. Blind faith is never a good idea. More knowledge is better that the alternative. You may presume to judge other people's thought processes but you're simply ignoring issues.

Where I negative about anything Tesla I would not have gains of five digits on my portfolio. Neither would that be true had I ignored developing risks.

If you are so convinced my thoughts are unless, block me. Strangely, perhaps I sometimes find yours useful so I will not block you despite your disdain.
Wrong thread then, eh?

Edit: On further inspection this looks like a spread. Long 333.33 vs short 340s and some 350s. Decent size, but not as big as I originally thought.
These were all sold calls.
Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 11.42.48 AM.png