Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love how 12 months ago, there was a pretty decent % of TMC's that were worried/convinced Tesla would somehow be excluded from any subsidies.

Fast forward to today and not only does Tesla get the subsidies, but they're one of, if not the only one, that will get vast majority of the subsidies and that the fossil fuel industry could be paying some of these subsidies.

Now if only all the predictions of TSLA share price were more spot on from a year ago..............
$TSLAQ have been clamoring that $TSLA should be in the $200's last year did they not??

/s

To me the stock drop is completely the result of Elon Musk not getting anything right. The stupidity he showed in the "poll" tweets, and then first screwing around to sell TSLA to buy Twitter only to drag the whole crappy mess out for months impacting both Tesla and Twitter's stock before finally being forced to "Put up AND shut up" and accept the contract he agreed with. What the hell good came out of any of that?
No Sir, he might be a good engineer, but no way in hell would I want him as a friend or acquaintance. He's become a nutjob. He's made me money, lots of money, and as much as I can easily love people that benefit me He's too damn weird.
I am fond of your posts, but they have caused me more headscratching moments then any other poster.
I'll leave it with this: Judging by your avatar, you literally live in a glass house.

Mark your calendars. Blink on the blink!

FC12FB25-CBC7-4C3B-B784-BF36D840CA9C.jpeg

To me the stock drop is completely the result of Elon Musk not getting anything right. The stupidity he showed in the "poll" tweets, and then first screwing around to sell TSLA to buy Twitter only to drag the whole crappy mess out for months impacting both Tesla and Twitter's stock before finally being forced to "Put up AND shut up" and accept the contract he agreed with. What the hell good came out of any of that?
No Sir, he might be a good engineer, but no way in hell would I want him as a friend or acquaintance. He's become a nutjob. He's made me money, lots of money, and as much as I can easily love people that benefit me He's too damn weird.

He’s a highly functional Asperger who happened to create the most successful EV company of all time, the most successful rocket company of all time and he has a Twitter account. The reason he has proven all the naysayers wrong with his first 2 companies by doing whatever he thinks is right is also the reason he tweets whatever he thinks is right on Twitter.

$TSLAQ have been clamoring that $TSLA should be in the $200's last year did they not??

/s
It's pretty nutty to think that TSLA could have a TTM PE of 65 after Q3 earnings in just 14 days and then a TTM PE of 47 after Q4's earnings......and yet here we are. And that's if the stock even holds these levels and doesn't go down even farther before earnings.

We are way beyond 2019 levels of irrationality in Wall St's valuation of TSLA. Now you can input numbers into a valuation metric fairly easy and it doesn't take a rock scientist to know that a stock trading at a Forward PE of 30 that just posted earnings of over 100% YoY is going to be forced higher......which exactly where we would be if TSLA was at 300/share after Q4 earnings (based on 475k deliveries).

We're waaaaayyyyyyy past the 2019 levels of irrationality here

Whatever the hell the universe is up to is certainly coming to a head.

No need to point out the looming earning deluge yet again, or the half dozen things overhanging the stock price that desperately wants to make Tesla the most valuable company in the world.

Central banks around the world, put in place a century ago for whatever nefarious reasons, now need to decide how to finally unwind the chaos of the Great Recession while exiting a pandemic and not destroying the world while they're at it.

The Saudis this week are holding Putin and their other conspirators together trying to prop up oil prices as the wider universe begins to realize demand for their product peaked in 2019. No big deal, just a full reversal of nearly all wealth concentration in human history.

I wonder if we'll live through all this to St Paddy's Day? Oh yeah, we may also be kicking off the nuclear apocalypse that ends human civilization.
Thanks for that. I really needed that cheering up pep talk.

It's pretty nutty to think that TSLA could have a TTM PE of 65 after Q3 earnings in just 14 days and then a TTM PE of 47 after Q4's earnings......and yet here we are. And that's if the stock even holds these levels and doesn't go down even farther before earnings.

We are way beyond 2019 levels of irrationality in Wall St's valuation of TSLA. Now you can input numbers into a valuation metric fairly easy and it doesn't take a rock scientist to know that a stock trading at a Forward PE of 30 that just posted earnings of over 100% YoY is going to be forced higher......which exactly where we would be if TSLA was at 300/share after Q4 earnings (based on 475k deliveries).

We're waaaaayyyyyyy past the 2019 levels of irrationality here
Not really, a good 10-15% of the share price is thanks to Elon dumping, not Wall St.

Also as a hedge fund or fund manager I would not really want to own the clown fiesta that is Tesla right now. When we were outperforming the index 3-4 weeks ago it was fine and funds may of even been adding to their exposure. Now? Fat chance.

Not really, a good 10-15% of the share price is thanks to Elon dumping, not Wall St.

Also as a hedge fund or fund manager I would not really want to own the clown fiesta that is Tesla right now. When we were outperforming the index 3-4 weeks ago it was fine and funds may of even been adding to their exposure. Now? Fat chance.
Why would that be? Because hedge funds/fund managers think short term? That is why people who can see through all the noise and hold will be rewarded handsomely.

Why would that be? Because hedge funds/fund managers think short term? That is why people who can see and hold will be rewarded handsomely.
No because the stock price is going down due to overwhelming selling pressure. The only way it stops is when there is enough buying pressure from people who want to add to their position. And there simply isn't enough people who want to add to their position now.

No because the stock price is going down due to overwhelming selling pressure. The only way it stops is when there is enough buying pressure from people who want to add to their position. And there simply isn't enough people who want to add to their position now.
And there simply isn't enough people who want to add to their position now. And there simply isn't enough people who want to add to their position now.

These are the times where smart $$$ is made, JMHO of course.

And there simply isn't enough people who want to add to their position now. And there simply isn't enough people who want to add to their position now.

These are the times where smart $$$ is made, JMHO of course.
Maybe for the small fish. But we depend on people with big money to get this baby back up and that will require minions spending days writing up an analysis to send to the managers desk for them to take a look at and reject.

Thanks for that input.........that is not grounded in reality of what Wall St is.

If Tesla delivers 500k for Q4 or even 475k and reaffirms 2023 guidance of 50% growth and Tesla is at only 300/share with a Forward PE 30, no one on Wall St is going to say

"Nah I'm going to pass on a company growing their earnings at a rate that triple their Forward PE because I just don't like that Elon guy"

Wall St is driven by money. Simple as that. In this above scenario, even the dumbest fund manager knows they will make a killing by getting into TSLA at that valuation.

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree there. Elon's use of Twitter shows a complete lack of understanding of the biggest challenge Twitter faces: Content Moderation.

To pretend otherwise is silly, but feel free - just don't try to forbid others from pointing it out in the name of "thou shalt not mention Elon's flaws"

Hmm. I assume this means you don't like some of Elon's tweets and want them censored, or you disagree with Elon's stated position favoring free speech. Either way, you are (somewhat rudely) stating your opinion, not a fact.

Here's a fact that might cheer you up about your TSLA investment: Elon is a first-principles thinker. Such thinkers invent out-of-box solutions to challenges. For example, the challenge of air pollution from cars has another solution besides more emission controls: electric cars.

The challenge of Twitter bots, trolls, and socially destructive speech may have another solution besides more content moderation. If the Twitter app (or a new app that incorporates it) requires biometric identification before you post, then Twitter bots should be eliminated, Twitter trolls will have to use their real names, and Twitter sociopaths will risk more consequences for their hate speech. No more hiding behind aliases on Twitter. That is Elon's plan, according to @unk45, if I understood his/her post earlier today.

Thanks for that input.........that is not grounded in reality of what Wall St is.

If Tesla delivers 500k for Q4 or even 475k and reaffirms 2023 guidance of 50% growth and Tesla is at only 300/share with a Forward PE 30, no one on Wall St is going to say

"Nah I'm going to pass on a company growing their earnings at a rate that triple their Forward PE I just don't like that Elon guy"

Wall St is driven by money. Simple as that. In this above scenario, even the dumbest fund manager knows they will make a killing by getting into TSLA at that valuation.
I think forward looking wallstreet doesn't care if they like Elon or not. They care more about how Elon is liked or disliked, and if his behavior is material in a positive or a negative way to future cash flow. So the court of public opinion kind of matters. There have been business that had to deal with massive shrinking revenues all due to a negative association with a brand by a key member. This is usually why CEOs or key members of businesses that the brand associate with usually doesn't take sides unless if taking sides benefits the business (IE, gun manufactures will definitely take the side of the Republicans).