Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to come out with a cheaper vehicle. The market for $60,000+ cars is only so large; it's insane that we already sold more vehicles than Corolla globally in September. Can Cybertruck psuh 50% growth YoY? Maybe temporarily. But for mass adoption of electric vehicles globally it's going to require a cheap car, a small compact car that fits international roads better, and a lot of batteries.

Sidenote: ABML (led by ex-Tesla engineer and with a bunch of Nevada Gigafactory OGs now hired) just won a $57 million grant today. People talk about Redwood all the time but what ABML is doing with hydrometallurgical processes for both extraction and recycling is novel and impactful.

I think RoboTaxi and others is the cheaper vehicle you are looking for.

I have previously estimated 3-4 Models in the $25,000-$30,000 price range.

Predicting the future, is difficult, I am possibly going to be wrong on some aspects.

Let's see:
  • Record Income
  • Record Free Cash Flow
  • Record Cash Pile
  • 20,000 vehicles in transit with the delivery wave smoothed out.
I'm having trouble seeing the "meh", maybe help me out here? ;)

I get looking at this as glass half full. but 'meh' because it's half full. I'm sure you know what a blowout earnings report looks like. this wasn't it.

FSDb releases are the same way. Release notes look amazing. Early access beta testers start posting zero disengagement drives and shower praises on twitter. Then when it's released wide, it's actually just 1.5 steps forward, 1 step back.

Show me a list of all the companies doing the first 3. All the goofy meh'ing is just about creating higher expectations so that when great results come in you can always say "meh", and all the while Tesla is growing faster than about any company in the world. Meh indeed!

RT

No need to introduce a strawman. TSLA is a clear winner in my book long term, and I don't believe there are other companies that can compare. But again, we're talking about earnings that can move the stock the way we WANT it to move, specifically, giving it a kick-start. And in an unfriendly macro environment, it takes extraordinary performance to shift the market investors' psyche. So sure we can cherrypick great things and laugh at other companies who can't come close. But AH results prove the 'meh.'