Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"We plan to introduce front castings and structural battery packs" at Berlin by end of the year. Sounds like starting to put 4680 in some cars in Berlin, right?
I think they will start with the (structural) BYD Blade Battery packs to be able ramp up the Berlin plant further. Battery Capacity will be 55 kWh according to this article:

I expect a car similar to the MIC Model Y with CATL Batteries (non-structural), maybe at lower production costs.

Musk - "I see a potential path for Tesla to be worth more than Apple and Saudi Aramco combined"

That's not all too surprising for those of us with far forward looking models, but it's still a very long ways off. Like end of decade timeframe most likely. Unless a Robotaxi service gets huge very quickly, or they start selling Optimus units in the high 6 figures in a few years.

Which, of course, is technically possible... :cool:

Tesla needs to come out with a cheaper vehicle. The market for $60,000+ cars is only so large; it's insane that we already sold more vehicles than Corolla globally in September. Can Cybertruck psuh 50% growth YoY? Maybe temporarily. But for mass adoption of electric vehicles globally it's going to require a cheap car, a small compact car that fits international roads better, and a lot of batteries.

Sidenote: ABML (led by ex-Tesla engineer and with a bunch of Nevada Gigafactory OGs now hired) just won a $57 million grant today. People talk about Redwood all the time but what ABML is doing with hydrometallurgical processes for both extraction and recycling is novel and impactful.
Agree 100%. Once battery production is no longer an issue a smaller vehicle is a must for Europe.

Tesla : we'll grow 50% as far as we can see, industry leading margins, we'll do a big stock buyback, lowering costs, record cash pile and no significant debt
Wall St : pffft. SELL!
Significant fear out there that Elon dumps a bunch of stock shortly. No real buying pressure until that headwind is over. Need the Twitter deal to close