Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be buying another 50 or so shares today.
I’ve been waiting for sub 2. Let’s catch some knives!

29AF3D72-AB99-4552-ABF3-49C4FF4AFAED.gif

I thought USA had freedom of speech.
There is a difference between national narrative and objective truth.
For context see Timothy Snyder.
@wdolson quoted Dr. Snyder on national identity and the creation myths of nations in they context of Eastern Europe and Ukraine but the concept applies to all nations.
The US is no exception. Without making political statements it is difficult to make objective comments. I strongly recommend the first two episodes of his Yale lectures on YouTube as linked by @wdolson:
Since watching all that I suggest that many of those ideas apply to businesses, at least sometimes. Many of the most virulent debates we have on TMC are about Tesla origins, the character and characteristics of Elon Musk and, on occasion, other Tesla luminaries.

As investors some of us have a very difficult time reconciling our chosen narrative and FUD, or even understanding what actually happens/will happen with TSLA. In a very real way these problems are analogous to national origin myths and facts.

When it is our financial wealth at issue it is highly desirable to see actual facts, but difficult to accomplish. Just as in nations there are creation myths; always based on some facts, but highly distorted ones. As in nations that is incredibly difficult. Why? Because, just as with nations, the creation myths become actual 'facts'.

So much for 'free speech'. In reality that is never actually true. There are always national constraints.

Surely some will disagree with that. I could say I'm only plagiarizing Snyder thoughts. Guilty as charged! Until Snyder I had worries about cognitive dissonance. Now I do not, not with TSLA, Tesla or Elon Musk. Not even with trying to understand the US position of 'free speech' in context of, for example, Florida censorship of even dictionaries because they have definitions that are 'woke'.

This is off topic only if we do not realize how intolerant some of us are even here about divergent views.

View attachment 866068

Given that even 1/2 the president’s Twitter followers were determined to be fake accounts, the current administration certainly benefits from Twitter in its current form and thus is desperate to try stop it - or at least ensure they pull out all the stops to delay the purchase until after mid-term elections and smear Elon in the process. And Wall Street had already placed their bets for the outcome of the TWTR transaction and it’s timing long ago - so they too bring a huge gun to this knife fight. No surprise to see Bloomberg being a willing tool in their tool box, and to see this administration reaching for any reasons to delay/end this deal. But in my opinion the growing likelihood that Elon will do a share buyback with funds remaining is the straw that broke the camel’s back. We may see some of the most exciting TSLA trading yet between now and Monday when Elon is eligible to buy TSLA shares again. In hindsight the earnings call sounded like Elon was justifying his stock repurchase because he could think of no better place to park that money than in a stock “that will grow more valuable than Apple and Saudi Aramco combined”
Whitehouse contacted not to interfere with Elon's Twitter deal, just in case.

Only takes a few seconds.

• Helpful
Reactions: capster
This guy is like a paper cut located directly beside a hang nail only significantly less enjoyable. Might have to invite him to the mountain so I can push him off.
His tweets manage to attack my 5 senses and cause pain that , hitherto never imagined I could experience .
Weird part is , his constant whining is extremely out of proportion to his exposure to TSLA.

His tweets manage to attack my 5 senses and cause pain that , hitherto never imagined I could experience .
Weird part is , his constant whining is extremely out of proportion to his exposure to TSLA.
He’s typical of someone who fears being an irrelevant nobody. Ironically, goes out of his way to prove he is just that.

He’s typical of someone who fears being an irrelevant nobody. Ironically, goes out of his way to prove he is just that.

Eh that's kind of harsh on Gary. I mean his Q3 estimates were FAR more accurate than most of us here on TMC. Yes he is overly critical sometimes, but for someone managing lots of money for many people that's probably a good quality to have.

How do you know his exposure? Sure the exposure of his fund isn't that much, but that is probably mainly owned by retail investors, not Gary himself. He probably has plenty of exposure outside of his FFND fund personally.
You make a valid point but then do exactly what you’re pointing out as a fallacy. How do you know he has plenty of personal exposure?

Here’s the thing though, neither his fund nor his personal exposure has anything to do with the fact he’s inconsistent, often wrong and flogs a self-importance that is out of proportion with any actual value as it pertains to Tesla.

How do you know his exposure? Sure the exposure of his fund isn't that much, but that is probably mainly owned by retail investors, not Gary himself. He probably has plenty of exposure outside of his FFND fund personally.
All of his whiny tweets end with how TSLA is still his highest conviction and exposure stock in his FFND . never once has he provided information about his personal exposure.

Eh that's kind of harsh on Gary. I mean his Q3 estimates were FAR more accurate than most of us here on TMC. Yes he is overly critical sometimes, but for someone managing lots of money for many people that's probably a good quality to have.
Meh. It’s his job, his profession, that which he hangs his hat on. Do you not hold people, at least in their advertised professions, to a standard greater than a clock?

We sure hold Elon and associates and associated businesses to an impeccably high standard, why not everyone else including ourselves?