Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember Elon commenting somewhere long ago that Fremont and Shanghai would eventually get upgraded paint systems so that they could much easier offer the fancy colors possible from Berlin and Austin. I guess to do this for the crowded and messy Fremont factory they would have to shut down for at least a week - or make room for a new paint shop somehow. Can they build more floors on the factory buildings?

1666322656404-png.866001

And btw I really like this new color. I think I have seen it before but can't quite remember where?

View attachment 866001
View attachment 866002

2 new colours for model Y in Germany/Europe / middle east only

Quicksilver (replaces MSM) and Midnight Cherry Red.

I remember Elon commenting somewhere long ago that Fremont and Shanghai would eventually get upgraded paint systems so that they could much easier offer the fancy colors possible from Berlin and Austin. I guess to do this for the crowded and messy Fremont factory they would have to shut down for at least a week - or make room for a new paint shop somehow. Can they build more floors on the factory buildings?

1666322656404-png.866001

And btw I really like this new color. I think I have seen it before but can't quite remember where?
Same color as the new Roadster?

Yeah they absolutely should be looking over SpaceX shoulder on this esp given they are considering using it themselves
Could be Elon has been persuaded to bring forward Gigafactory construction, so that we will hear about several new ones soon.

The best time to add capacity is during a recession, then when the recession ends you are able to take full advantage of a growing economy while your competitors are stuggling to rebuild capacity they mothballed during the recession.
That’s exactly what railroad tycoon EH Harriman said and did back in the day and still makes sense

Can US Govt stop the twitter purchase;)
1666352661749.png

Given that even 1/2 the president’s Twitter followers were determined to be fake accounts, the current administration certainly benefits from Twitter in its current form and thus is desperate to try stop it - or at least ensure they pull out all the stops to delay the purchase until after mid-term elections and smear Elon in the process. And Wall Street had already placed their bets for the outcome of the TWTR transaction and it’s timing long ago - so they too bring a huge gun to this knife fight. No surprise to see Bloomberg being a willing tool in their tool box, and to see this administration reaching for any reasons to delay/end this deal. But in my opinion the growing likelihood that Elon will do a share buyback with funds remaining is the straw that broke the camel’s back. We may see some of the most exciting TSLA trading yet between now and Monday when Elon is eligible to buy TSLA shares again. In hindsight the earnings call sounded like Elon was justifying his stock repurchase because he could think of no better place to park that money than in a stock “that will grow more valuable than Apple and Saudi Aramco combined”

View attachment 866068

Given that even 1/2 the president’s Twitter followers were determined to be fake accounts, the current administration certainly benefits from Twitter in its current form and thus is desperate to try stop it - or at least ensure they pull out all the stops to delay the purchase until after mid-term elections and smear Elon in the process. And Wall Street ihas already placed their bets for the outcome and it’s timing - so they too bring a huge gun to this knife fight. No surprise to see Bloomberg being a willing tool in their tool box, and to see this administration reaching for any reasons to delay/end this deal. But in my opinion the growing likelihood that Elon will do a share buyback with funds remaining is the straw that broke the camel’s back. We may see some of the most exciting TSLA trading yet between now and Monday when Elon is eligible to buy TSLA shares again. In hindsight the earnings call sounded like Elon was justifying his stock repurchase because he could think of no better place to park that money than in a stock “that will grow more valuable than Apple and Saudi Aramco combined”
Hi stakes poker game
Folks know Elon hand but now they also know hedgies hand
MM just want their $$ … so could all be to just flush out the hedgies first ..FUD doing its thing

Last edited:
Tesla just needs one damn quarter of production going smoothly and they’ll beat EPS estimates by an astonishing amount. It’s been nearly a year since Tesla has had a “smooth” quarter for production.

A 14% increase from an increase of at least 80k is quite silly. The math literally doesn’t add up. If Tesla actually delivers over 450k, then you’re talking way past $1.20 EPS
Why do I get the feeling that WS will use any delta in production vs deliveries to press the demand FUD further?

Reactions: thx1139
Hello Tesla fans.

If my eyes and stats are accurate it looks like just north 10m miles for FSDb in Sept. They expanded from 100k->160k late in month so call it just north 100k average. So that's 100 miles per car. Any use tracking this metric as proxy for overall value customers may assign to it as this changes over time?
I don't see that anyone answered you on this. Elias Martinez (@eliasmrtnz1 on Twitter) does something like this with people who volunteer to input their information via his FSD tracker site.

Hi stakes poker game
Folks know Elon hand but now they also know hedgies hand
MM just want their $$ … so could all be to just flush out the hedgies first ..FUD doing its thing
“High stakes poker game” - perfect metaphor

“Folks know Elon’s hand” - I thought that too until my post about a week ago where I tried to express that Elon could purchase all his original shares back and have money to burn at these prices compared to when he sold those shares. And we all agree Elon laid it on thick on the earnings call, surely justifying a share buyback on his part (should that happen). I do sincerely believe that a contributing reason to TSLA trading so low is a concerted effort to attempt to break the Twitter deal (TWTR’s share price and thus the cost of the transaction has remained at its highest while TSLA and thus Elon’s net worth and his borrowing ability have crashed). But I also sincerely believe that WS and the shorts that helped defend against a TWTR purchase never anticipated they would wake up on the day after the earnings call with very defensible arguments circulating regarding a potential buyback from Elon…………with the ultimate irony that their efforts to tank the stock may have contributed to Elon’s ability to gain even more ownership through a buyback while buying TWTR at the same time. Which is exactly why trading may get so exciting.

Hedgies and those hoping to kill this deal woke up on 2nd base last week and thought they had already hit a home run. But yesterday they realized they were still on 2nd base. That was Yuuuuge news. Yes, I would - and I have - put my money on Elon in a game of chess against this administration and the Hedgies combined.

Last edited:
That's yesterday's volume, not pre-market volume.
Of course, I know that. :rolleyes: This seemed obvious.
(the actual pre-market volume was listed correctly further down the page at ~500,000 when I posted that)

It shouldn't be showing yesterday's volume in the Pre-Market readout. Never has before. Hence, "glitch in the Matrix" comment.

The NASDAQ ticker has been doing weird stuff quite often of late and I find it amusing to point it out. I wish they would get it working right. It is a nag for me that I have to go to other sources than NASDAQ itself in order to get accurate info on NASDAQ's ticker.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVMeister
Tesla just needs one damn quarter of production going smoothly and they’ll beat EPS estimates by an astonishing amount. It’s been nearly a year since Tesla has had a “smooth” quarter for production.

A 14% increase from an increase of at least 80k is quite silly. The math literally doesn’t add up. If Tesla actually delivers over 450k, then you’re talking way past $1.20 EPS
Rob is estimating over 450k deliveries based on zach's verbiage of slightly velocity 50%. Also it seems like fx and Berlin/Texas had a 350 bps drag on gm. Fsd recognition plus all these 1x headwind will most likely disappear in q4. People seems to think the dollar has peaked so fx may turn into a tailwind for q4.

1666322656404-png.866001

It’s the new official permanent share price colo(u)r.

Provoking government to block Twitter acquisition would add color to Elon's multiple comnents during AI Day 2022 about the importance of AI being done by a public company...

but that's also why I think Tesla as an entity doing this being a single class of stock publicly traded owned by the public is very important and should not be overlooked I think this is essential because then if the public doesn't like what Tesla's doing the public can buy shares in Tesla and vote differently this is a big deal um like it's very important that that I can't just do what I want you know sometimes people think that not but it's not true um so um you know that's it's very important that the the corporate entity that has that that makes this happen is something that the public can properly influence um and so I think the Tesla structure is is ideal for that

and um and I think actually tells us a good entity to do it from a governance standpoint because we're a publicly traded company we have one class of of stock and that means that the public controls Tesla and I think that's actually a good thing um so if I go crazy you can fire me this is important maybe I'm not crazy I don't know um so uh