Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To show where he stood compared to his peers. I like having enough data to form an opinion and figured that was worth sharing. I was most interested in his Star rating and probably shouldn't have mentioned the TSLA numbers at all.

No, I didn't realize that. I don't follow mainstream media. I have TMC. :cool:
It's a concern for me cuz there are only 3 TSLA bulls (guests) on CNBC. Half their hosts are known bears and only 3 of their regular guests are bulls, with Ides being the big bull. It's a fkn problem because the casuals are watching CNBC.

Oh my god if anyone mentions Elon playing 5-D chess.......o_O

Elon got played simple as that. Wall St raked him through the dirt on each sell event to make sure he sold at low point so that he had to sell even more shares. It's staggering just how much he lost in equity when you consider the dollar amount. He should have had to sell half as many shares as he ended up doing.

Elon lost the last round (and he has admitted as much). Anyone who thinks Elon will win every single hand has a real problem. No one wins ALL the time. I'm invested in him because he consistently wins, not because he wins every single hand.

The only way to never lose is to never play. But that's not how change happens.

So? ... $STFD :p

(Nobody listens to yer drums, brah).
Sure brah.....keep ignoring reality

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot another massive underperformance day is all part of Elon's 5-D chess. I'm sure if the forms come out tomorrow night showing Elon continuing to dump you'll have some quick wit remark as to why it's not an issue.

I sure hope somebody has been listened to my "drums" for the past few months because it's clear as night what was going to happen. Even when there is actual positive data for Tesla, Elon make sure to torpedo the stock regardless. Anyone listening to my "drum drums" probably would have saved themselves a margin call or two.

Last edited:
Looks like Cathy made some well timed purchases yesterday..

ARKK - ARK Innovation ETF
NYSEArca - Nasdaq Real Time Price. Currency in USD
+4.01 (+12.33%)As of 02:17PM EST. Market open.

"Wood snapped up shares of six companies Wednesday, including her largest holdings of Zoom and Tesla. The investor also has been adding to her Coinbase stake for two straight days despite the potential collapse of popular crypto exchange FTX."

Last edited:
Reactions: FireMedic
Feels like we are missing out on the fun today. Pretty weak action compared to the market

For the most part the rest of the market isn't taking on entrenched Auto, Energy, Oil, Advertising, and other disrupted interests with deep pockets who are bringing their knives to this gunfight.

Feels like we are missing out on the fun today. Pretty weak action compared to the market
The only thing that will make today more bearish is if Elon was not selling. I am hoping he gets as much money as possible today so he doesn't have to sell on weakness in the future. If he is not selling then Tesla is in the penalty box for awhile.

Elon lost the last round (and he has admitted as much). Anyone who thinks Elon will win every single hand has a real problem. No one wins ALL the time. I'm invested in him because he consistently wins, not because he wins every single hand.

The only way to never lose is to never play. But that's not how change happens.
Elon gets is right in so many ways when it comes to almost everything he works on/produces......but selling his stock in an effective manner (regardless of what he wants to spend the proceeds on) has not been one of them. In fact, it's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in my history of investing which is over 15 years. Never seen anything like it.

I don't care that he bought an overpriced turd in Twitter. I care about the way it's all went down. Elon clearly got his ass handed to him by Wall St. Probably the biggest butt whooping I've ever seen. I've never seen a CEO singhandily crush his stock like this.

And anyone trying to say that the stocks performance is even remotely in line with the macro's and it's beta is in self denial. If Tesla the company hadn't executed so well, the stock would easily be down 70% right now and Elon's selling would have had an even bigger impact, causing further declines.

The only thing that will make today more bearish is if Elon was not selling. I am hoping he gets as much money as possible today so he doesn't have to sell on weakness in the future. If he is not selling then Tesla is in the penalty box for awhile.
If Elon's not selling today, this thing is easily headed for sub 170's.

Is this right?
Yea, one month for a M3P. Try it out yourself... Pricing needs to come down to balance things out cuz these Y's at 70K are not gonna fly off the line in the current atmosphere.

About moving (key) people in Elon's companies - shouldn't be surprised he moved some key Software/IT tech heavies to Twitter.
Standard Operating Procedure for Elon, get the brightest and smartest onboard ASAP - bullish re Twitter future IMHO - good thing he doesn't care so much about the SP as most of us mortals
I believe people who think moving some of his all-star programmers to Twitter temporarily is a loss to Tesla, are being extremely short-sighted.

You do not get powerhouse programmers without grooming them. They are human, which is to say they are capable of getting stuck in a rut. This opportunity is an excellent retention tool and a way to build a world-class team, with world class credentials and a bad-ass, can-do-anything, attitude.

And in our current world of technology driving ALL businesses, nothing, and I mean nothing, is more important to business results than great software.

Is this right?
My best guess is many people are holding out for 1/1/23 for their tax credits.
Since GM and TSLA are the only ones not currently participating in the current ev tax credits.

Tesla is the one most being affected by potential holdouts, since GM isn't really making tons of ev's

Yea, one month for a M3P. Try it out yourself... Pricing needs to come down to balance things out cuz these Y's at 70K are not gonna fly off the line in the current atmosphere.
And non Performance model Y is Dec to March 2023 for Seattle delivery.

My spidey sense says that production is ramping up!

My best guess is many people are holding out for 1/1/23 for their tax credits.
Since GM and TSLA are the only ones not currently participating in the current ev tax credits.

Tesla is the one most being affected by potential holdouts, since GM isn't really making tons of ev's

I was just writing something similar and you beat me to it. We know the M3P likely won't qualify for credits due to the MSRP cap, but how many average car buyers know that? I imagine a lot of people will be willing to wait until January 1 to see how things shake out. $7,500 is a big potential incentive for delaying a purchase by 51 days.