Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya he is playing 10D chess I get it
So all these sells have been to ensnare the shorties (ROFL) :rolleyes:
(+ still think he is genius, listening to the twitter interview even more impressed)

Why is God doing this to us, ... Oh he is testing us :) :) I dont have this pt of view. cheers!!
Agree. Anyone who thinks Elon is playing Chess, have no clue how Chess is played. Even in a blitz, it’s a well thought out game plan and disciplined execution. The Twitter saga proves it otherwise.So, for heaven’s sake stop saying he is playing what ever dimensional chess he is playing . There is none.

That's a bearish outlook, which means Elon thinks Tsla is overvalued despite the execution he sees clearly into the future. It also makes him the most bearish out of any bull because he thinks even the 170s are too high.
All I’m saying is he may be bearish on the macro part of the market but not bearish on Tesla’s execution in that market. I do doubt this but it could keep TSLA down for a while.

Another way of looking at it is Elon has confidence in his plan for Twitter. He probably does think he can 10x that money by investing it in Twitter.

His point of view might be that he’s giving investors who believe in him and Tesla a chance to buy TSLA on the cheap.

Instead of saying Elon could have handled this better. I think it’s best to look at Elon as a rational actor that I have mostly known him to be. He does make mistakes but he’s not an idiot either.

It is all a matter of perspective.

From Elon's point of view we are talking about pocket change.🤷‍♂️

Nobody puts too much thought into maximizing their pocket change. It is not like he was going to the ATM or something. ;)
His Mars colony won't be cheap. Pretty sure he'd like to have as much as possible stashed in the kitty for that pet project. He's not infallible. This was just poor execution.

Sad day, Wedbush removes TSLA as one of their top stocks. When a bull starts turning bear...
I still think Ives just doesn’t really get it. He talks as if he does sometimes but over the years I’ve noticed how he says things that just aren’t right. It’s always made me doubt green tidal waves Ives. Him turning bearish is no surprise to me.

Agree. Anyone who thinks Elon is playing Chess, have no clue how Chess is played. Even in a blitz, it’s a well thought out game plan and disciplined execution. The Twitter saga proves it otherwise.So, for heaven’s sake stop saying he is playing what ever dimensional chess he is playing . There is none.
Agreed. And I've played a lot of 4D chess in my time.

Rv7WwWgYK1nU3Qa-ltGc9mfQake6TXb0NhE2t0NOUBM.jpg

Seriously, did you sell? If not, you're not hurt. Missed out on a huge swing trade? Why?

Need to sell soon, and you're vulnerable to short-term SP moves? How are you naked without protective puts to lock in the value you need in that case?

Been hearing this all month. "I need the money, I plan a big purchase this year, but I didn't want to sell until the last day..." Paging @StealthP3D for the life lesson (TIA).

But this is somehow Elon's fault? Pretty sure I heard that from Lora + 100 others. smh

Game theory, folks. Do the work. This is the Bigs. Be on your Game.
I beg to differ. The intense anguish expressed by many bulls here is not entirely due to the stock price movements. It’s the response to damage being done to Tesla brand by the actions of 1 person .
I have been a very strong supporter of Tesla since 2013 and it took many many months of educating friends and colleagues about Tesla and now close to 90% of them own Teslas.
“It’s the mission , stupid”
That’s what motivates me everyday .
But since the Twitter saga started , it’s getting harder and harder to talk about Tesla and its mission without getting sidetracked by his Twitter antics .
Tesla needs to be on messaging each and every time and protect its brand .
I came to Tesla for its mission , not for the riches bestowed by TSLA.

Important management guidance for investors from Tesla CEO on Q1 2018 earnings call:
We have no interest in satisfying the desires of day traders. I couldn't care less. Please sell our stock and don't buy it.
I think that if people are concerned about volatility, they should definitely not buy our stock. I'm not here to convince you to buy our stock. Do not buy it if volatility is scary. There you go.

And that's a fact, Jack.

The man said it, and he lives by it. Fiduciary, schmiduciary. Only obligations he will own up to regarding SP is long term company performance, profitability and future industry dominance.

Unfortunately for addicts like me and many others on TMC.

I still think Ives just doesn’t really get it. He talks as if he does sometimes but over the years I’ve noticed how he says things that just aren’t right. It’s always made me doubt green tidal waves Ives. Him turning bearish is no surprise to me.
Has he really turned bearish though? I think he's probably just tired of the drama for the time being. He'll be back once the black clouds clear, imo.

I beg to differ. The intense anguish expressed by many bulls here is not entirely due to the stock price movements. It’s the response to damage being done to Tesla brand by the actions of 1 person .
I have been a very strong supporter of Tesla since 2013 and it took many many months of educating friends and colleagues about Tesla and now close to 90% of them own Teslas.
“It’s the mission , stupid”
That’s what motivates me everyday .
But since the Twitter saga started , it’s getting harder and harder to talk about Tesla and its mission without getting sidetracked by his Twitter antics .
Tesla needs to be on messaging each and every time and protect its brand .
I came to Tesla for its mission , not for the riches bestowed by TSLA.

Elon is a pragmatic realist. He'll change course in a heartbeat if he thinks he's made the wrong decision. Examples? Closing retail stores. Undone in a month. Starhip made from carbon fiber? Switch to stainless steel after he sees the math. And he's not one to stand by when he sees a problem he can fix (Thai Cave resure). Damn the naybogs.

So I get it. He's neuro-atypical and that bugs some people. When I was growing up, that was called 'nerd-bashing'. Then the all-time best movie came out: Revenge of the Nerds.

Stay, go, is everyone's individual choice. Just be aware that Elon will always do what he thinks is right, and with the passion of a thousand suns.

That's the deal. You are NOT going to change that, or him.

His Mars colony won't be cheap. Pretty sure he'd like to have as much as possible stashed in the kitty for that pet project. He's not infallible. This was just poor execution.

Perspective...

Pocket change... (in reference to future profits and making choices now to maximize the rate of growth)

SpaceX (including Starlink, Starship, etc.), Tesla (not just the car company... FSD, Robotaxi, Optimus, DOJO, et al), and now X.com (not just Twitter) will generate future profits (Trillions) that more than cover building several self-sustaining suburban neighborhoods on Mars.

From where I sit the execution appears to be stellar (pun intended) and Elon's choices for how he does this, when he does this, and how he does this are all about getting to that lofty goal.

The execution is not in the least ever going to be about helping us measly HODLers. All we have to do is hang on, and continue reaping stupendous gains over time as a reward for helping him along.

There may be some potholes and speed bumps along the way, but that is not ever going to be of any concern to Elon. It shouldn't be a concern for us either, if we simply look up and toward the horizon.

Last edited:
If they need to ruin the labor market to bring down inflation I think they will, but I don't think they'll go that far if it's unnecessary. That would just blow us right past a recession and into a depression, and I don't think Powell wants that at all.

Yeah, I think it depends equally upon whether JPow's handlers at JPMoargas have been able to cover their TLSA losses from 2018-2021.

Not /s.

About moving (key) people in Elon's companies - shouldn't be surprised he moved some key Software/IT tech heavies to Twitter.
Standard Operating Procedure for Elon, get the brightest and smartest onboard ASAP - bullish re Twitter future IMHO - good thing he doesn't care so much about the SP as most of us mortals

Looking forward to X.com's Mission Statement when the time comes.

Some notes below for some perspective, especially people new to this thread.

Let's revisit this next year (2023) and in five (2027).

For those who haven't ever read at least Ashlee Vance and Berger's on the early days of SpaceX, please do, it might help your investments

Twtitter.SpaceX.jpg

You could also invest in Barron's BPRTX 's fund (which owns sizeable Tesla and SpaceX) like many successful investors - Ron Barron is one of the top fund managers today (excluding the master trader funds like Citadel etc) - See his recent interview

Then again It may not be as good as staying with TSLA considering what we know is in the works, and certainly as mis understood /discounted as Tesla back in 2019

TSLA.BPTRX.QQQ.jpg

Has he really turned bearish though? I think he's probably just tired of the drama for the time being. He'll be back once the black clouds clear, imo.

He's certainly more bearish than he was a few months ago, same for many Wall Street investors. Seems to me like this new negative sentiment might offset some of the positivity we were hoping would come from the credit upgrade, which many hoped would bring in new institutional investors.

We need new buying volume to overcome the day traders who currently control TSLA for their option plays. Without it we will keep being manipulated, and if new volume does not come (for whatever reasons) then we will be hard pressed to break out.

Time might erode this negative sentiment, but Elon needs to stop refreshing their memories for that to happen! 😉