Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, I lost 1K of my piggy banks shares with Leap conversion(+actually not bad for such a sustained dip) :( Shuffled them to Jan 25, 250's so still have 2 more years for a turn around :)
Original shares still intact, not converting by any means :) all have Jan 24 500-600 CC's(hedge) against and the CC's are doing well:)

Man I can't remember what mountains look like :) :)
I am leaving TMC alone for a while to work on writing blog posts.
@Gigapress will you at least let us know if and when you roll all the short term call options you’re holding? Many of us appreciate your insight

When we can be grownups and apply the self-discipline to put low-value, circular political and Twitter discussions where they belong then I’ll come back. The signal to noise ratio of this thread has steeply declined in recent weeks due to this behavior and reading it has become less valuable.
You will be missed my friend. Considering doing the same (with the exception of the blog posts that is) for the same reasons.

Hope to comment on your blog posts in the near future!

A romantic and nerd view which doesn’t factor in the „Kanye moves“ Elon demonstrated the last 2 days. Gaslighting comes to mind
Well this forum is about hard facts, numbers, investing, transitioning to clean energy and transport and the future.

Petty pointless whinging is somewhere else, you came in through the wrong door.

As much as I am enjoying the reaction to Elon’s smack-down of the NYT’s, he must be needing to pinch himself to see if this moment is real. This is Karma, and it is a dish of revenge that can’t be served cold enough for all the NYT has put him through. It was almost 9 years ago that John Broder wrote his now-infamous Model S on the tow truck-range anxiety inducing dribble that the NYT insufficiency and reluctantly apologized for far too late IMO (just like they did with their early WMD-pumping false narrative that resulted in the US putting boots back on the ground - thanks NYT). Many of us watched Broder’s hit piece play out and felt helpless as early TSLA investors, wondering if the NYT’s false attacks were the beginning of the end for a company we thought was worth investing in at a split adjusted $2/share in February of 2013 when that was printed. But it’s difficult to imagine the stress and and hurt and disappointment this caused Elon and crew. While the rest of us went back to our day jobs, Elon and Tesla employees could only put their heads down and work harder, and do so with a greater level of distrust of those that once seemed aligned with their mission, and had once seemed appreciative of their efforts.

It is amazing that someone owning 9 shares of TSLA can drag Elon and Tesla through court for something any informed investor could have easily gained awareness of prior to buying any shares, yet the NYT is held harmless for almost destroying the company that has successfully advanced that sustainability that the NYT wants us to believe they care about. It’s a great day for Elon and for anyone that had bet on Tesla IMO.

1668975402938.png

Here is the email I received today from a guy I went to college with « Have you considered starting to sell your Tesla to invest elsewhere? I would be nervous me having so many TSLA »

Is this a buy signal or signal to diworsify?
Smart shoppers buy when there’s a discount.

Here is the email I received today from a guy I went to college with « Have you considered starting to sell your Tesla to invest elsewhere? I would be nervous me having so many TSLA »

Is this a buy signal or signal to diworsify?
This is screaming the "odd lot theory"... Odd Lot Theory

Last edited:

When we can be grownups and apply the self-discipline to put low-value, circular political and Twitter discussions where they belong then I’ll come back. The signal to noise ratio of this thread has steeply declined in recent weeks due to this behavior and reading it has become less valuable.

Sorry, but this sounds passive-aggressive. Think about taking these simple actions instead:
  • downvote OT comments
  • click "Report" and send a msg to MODS
  • "Ignore" repeat OT offenders
By withholding your comments, you make the signal-to-noise ratio here worse (less 'signal' IMO) which is what the trolls are trying to achieve.

Don't help them, squash them by invoking the MOD-hammer (and post the occassional long-form blog, too) ;)

Cheers!

It's tradition to disparage the mods before taking a break. Could you please provide a quick "for shame" or "tut tut" before logging off.

you'll be missed. I enjoy your posts.

Last edited:
Something I've been wondering for a while now: With $20B in cash, what's the holdup for announcing and building the next gigafactory?
Sure, Berlin and Texas are still ramping. It seems like that's going fine. So shouldn't this capital be used for something useful? Why not move as fast as possible?
Better to expand an existing factory.
And make use of the same supply chains.

Geographic diversification makes sense to protect oneself from
government trade policies and delivery costs.

Don't let the trolls win so easily.
Unfortunately, it is not the (new) trolls only.

Many long time members and posters here have shown their political faces, brains made of stone like there is only red and blue in the world as well as they have added their personal insecurities to this thread. This forum is psychologically damaging lately very similarly to using 'old school' twitter.
There have been some that treat anything posted which falls outside of their WOKE mainds unacceptable to even remotely discuss.

I understand @Gigapress decision fully.

When the competition has an OTA, it takes 6-8 hrs.

Customer: Good thing OTA update doesn't take the usual 4hrs I have to spend at the dealer when it's not OTA
VW: Hold my beer.

I wonder what time is in the next step? Does it say 5-10 minutes? 15-30 minutes? How big is the contrast between the predetermined window and the warning of it being 6-8 hours instead?

When the competition has an OTA, it takes 6-8 hrs.

Customer: Good thing OTA update doesn't take the usual 4hrs I have to spend at the dealer when it's not OTA
VW: Hold my beer.

OTA via CANbus, this person got it right.

Also, since CANbus is deterministic, if something doesn't perfectly match, the update will fail (car might be bricked), but will need to be towed back to VW for full diagnostics and most likely an ECU replacement.