Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that model 3 production is now above 6000 per week in a steady state mode such
That total production exceeded 60,000 for the qtr is an important confirmation.

At that rate, total 2019 production including s plus x should exceed 400,000

Price action wise, if we trade and close above the opening price
We will be rejecting the break down .

Last edited:
I know you folks like a bit of Option Sniper: Option_Sniper on Twitter

upload_2019-1-2_16-1-59.png

Fantastic result, congrats Tesla! You did a bit better than I expected, and that's a welcome change.

Market will come to terms with numbers eventually, and figure out they're great.
Yeah, I would really like the Tesla employees to be able to celebrate with a rallying stock price as well but they should be incredibly proud of what they are doing. They are changing the world before our very eyes and it is just getting started.

The FactSet analyst estimate is completely opaque and is exactly what the SEC should be investigating with regard to TSLA. This is the type of thing that Wall St gets away with consistently and the regulators turn a blind eye to. I would guess they wait for the numbers to be released and then add a thousand or so to create a "miss".
May be worth spending some time figuring this out. Is there a contact to ask for explanation ? Otherwise report to SEC.

Does anyone have a screenshot from earlier ?

Reactions: Drax7
Yeah, I was disappointed with the twitter exchange that led to the 5000 USD refunds. I am a bit conflicted as I qualify for the refund and am now considering taking it....just because so many others already have. Never wanted it, but why should I pass on it at this point? Planning on giving back to Tesla anyway...
$5000 divided by, the 'present stock price' = around another 15 or so shares......... that could be taken out of circulation..........

Very strong production and deliveries report from Tesla.

This takes my Q4 forecasts to:
Revenue: +5.2% QoQ to $7,178m. Gross Profit: +11.4% QoQ to $1,697m Net Income: +50% QoQ to $382m.

The $2k price cut will be covered by production efficiencies, new module lines, economies of scale and price cuts from Panasonic. I think gross profit per MR and LR AWD is likely to increase in 1Q19 (over 4Q18) despite the price cuts.

+1....market may hammer stock today but once results are in I expect great results which will drive SP higher....this is just speed bump.