Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Elon didn’t buy Twitter there’d be another overhang people would invent because there’s such a need for “narrative” as a way to derive logic from the markets.

I’m reality we all have little clue into what drives price on a daily basis. The most accurate, tangible traceability that exists is the options market.

Falling for narrative is falling for what market manipulators want. It’s same as watching cnbc headlines as a way to understand what index price action is doing for any given day.
This is true.

The press always seek to put a definitive story on "why" something goes up , or "why" something goes down... in reality those "whys"/narratives are just the sensationalist things that are easy to regurgitate, satisfy your audience, sell ads or sell copy.

To make any investment decisions based upon media narratives, or to look at them for reasoning on your valuation is foolish in the extreme.

How we are -7% from market opening price is beyond reason. The stock market is a giant pile of steaming crap. This is a giant roulette game with only red cases
S&p inclusion calls expiration date nearing. It would be silly for MMs to pay up for these. How is this for hypothesis: that they compress the spring the usual fud way, while a sideshow of foot shooting is happening?

Okay, so for about 10 minutes TSLA held steady, that doesn't seem very meaningful to me? Particularly considering our overall performance vs the market this morning? 🤔
Correct. It wasn’t meant to be anymore particularly meaningful then when anyone else posts short term movements. Just an observation in the moment that supported the OP I quoted.

I note now that all my tickers are moving in conjunction and most are just as red as TSLA.

TSLA gpt shoved under $160 which appears to have triggered a chain reaction of stop loss limits.
I set mine to $0.02
666531B2-9010-4056-A4DE-D30D69B0FFCF.gif

It's really not. If you have access to the L2 trading data (@viridi does and posts here) there is clear capping and spoofing going on, and at a gigantic level.

Retail "sales" because a few numb-nuts think Elon has gone to their arch nemesis party won't move the needle. Not with the volume of money that flows through TSLA options and shares. These are big BIG boys at the table.

I agree. They are not only big boys, they are the ones who make markets in TSLA. It's pure corruption, plain and simple. It's become business as usual. It's always been corrupted since I made my first trade back in the 1980's (I didn't know it though) but it has become steadily more sophisticated and blatant.

I believe the same people who are manipulating the normal action of the stock price are also driving the narrative that Elon's behavior or statements are unacceptable. This gives them cover to hide behind the narrative that investors have lost confidence in Elon, that's why the share price is trashed. In reality, they created the narrative by trashing the share price whenever Elon would say something.

This is one more reason to pay attention to the company, not the share price. Investors who are overly concerned with every little move, the timing of the move, and what caused the move, give power to those who manipulate the price. It allows them to create little narratives in your head that Elon's behavior is the problem, not their daily manipulations.

every investor has to make own informed decisions. i am not at all interested in selling at lowest low range of prices . that would be an epic mistake with profound generational wealth adverse impact. this is clearly not the best time to watch stock price and really watch some movies or workout or do honest hard work in your day job. i have zero desire to allow any degree of negativity or pessimism to cloud my judgement. in my mind, and i could be wrong, there is zero probability of tesla going bankrupt. there is zero probability that tesla will not grow at least 30% ARR or higher over next 5 to 10 years or longer.
i am not about to miss that for anything in the world.