Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. No need for money. I have more than enough in savings to last me 10 years and that’s if I lost my two jobs lol. So yeah. I’m okay on that front. Just discouraged is all. This year, 2022, has been the worst year of my life emotionally. I have to learn from this year rather than just be happy it’ll be over in a few more weeks.
Thank you. Wise words. I have…to hold. I have to stay strong. I have to. It’s been my resolve since day one. I can’t give up.
A suggestion that I think could benefit everyone, though I also think no one will do it:

For two weeks, avoid social media, news, advertising, politics, this thread, and stock tickers.

Spend your time working, seeing family and friends, taking walks, reading fiction, playing video games, watching fun movies.

After two weeks, ask yourself a few questions:
1. Was my life negatively impacted by not, "keeping up on current events"?
2. Did I miss the drama?
3. How do I feel now?

S&p inclusion calls expiration date nearing. It would be silly for MMs to pay up for these. How is this for hypothesis: that they compress the spring the usual fud way, while a sideshow of foot shooting is happening?
Seems like a reasonable explanation

Spread FUD non stop
Short the stock like never
Get people margin called
Avoid losing shares to LEAPS
Then unload the coil

Tesla’s a perfectly fine car. I like driving the Mach-E better. It has excellent build quality and has much more of a sports feel than any other crossover or SUV I’ve ever driven. (I’ve driven BMW 3s for a long time. Very fun but very unreliable.) Some drivers will find Teslas more to their liking but I wouldn’t call the Ford inferior in any way.

That was really the point of my post. Someone claiming anything not a Tesla is inferior is just biased of course, on a Tesla forum. They all have a difference use case. There has been Tesla fires as well.

I just don't buy it is all that everything else is inferior and I've had friends mention the same train of thought that I don't know why there is so much hate for anything not Tesla that it's simply inferior. Forgot to add the Rivian to my list nor Lucid.

A suggestion that I think could benefit everyone, though I also think no one will do it:

For two weeks, avoid social media, news, advertising, politics, this thread, and stock tickers.

Spend your time working, seeing family and friends, taking walks, reading fiction, playing video games, watching fun movies.

After two weeks, ask yourself a few questions:
1. Was my life negatively impacted by not, "keeping up on current events"?
2. Did I miss the drama?
3. How do I feel now?
Even something as simple as observing Shabbat does a lot for slowing down and reflecting.

I’m pretty bad about it and have been for the better part of a decade but have considered getting back in the habit.

Is this new news?

Looks like Tesla expanding yet again and again and again.
If anyone at tesla (who actually see daily order numbers) thinks that the company growth story is over, they sure are doing a great job at pretending its still accelerating like crazy.

People selling today are going to feel really, really stupid once sanity returns to the market.

I think a full year P/E change after Q4 earnings will shake a lot of people out of their bubble. You can only keep predicting a company is in trouble for so long before the financials just make you look like an idiot :D

No. No need for money. I have more than enough in savings to last me 10 years and that’s if I lost my two jobs lol. So yeah. I’m okay on that front. Just discouraged is all. This year, 2022, has been the worst year of my life emotionally. I have to learn from this year rather than just be happy it’ll be over in a few more weeks.
Thank you. Wise words. I have…to hold. I have to stay strong. I have to. It’s been my resolve since day one. I can’t give up.
We are there to support you. Lost my dad in October 2021, lost my brother in September 2022, lost more than 80% of my money. However I have a job I love doing and have kids who manage to change my ideas and forget everything about my job and stock market when I get home. As long as we don’t have someone invading our country these are small futile problems compared to what Ukrainians have been going through with the raging war against their country.

Hey, it’s only red numbers on a screen!

Option 1: Elon is selling

Option 2: The market is realizing something we are missing. Interest rates are higher so most people taking loans will be able to afford less $$ car.

China demand is obviously down. Europe / US sales may not be down, but it is certainly possible that people are buying less upgrades / options on their cars to keep monthly car payments at a target rate.

It is certainly possible that margins have peaked in the short term.

It is certainly possible that while total deliveries are higher, total profit is the same or just a smaller % higher than last quarter.

That signals to the market that the high earnings growth phase is over. In that case, a PE ratio of 20-30 is reasonable.

A $1.2 EPS in Q4 annualized would give $4.8. At a PE ratio of 30, that gives a stock price of $144.

It is hard today, no doubt about it. We are going through the gauntlet, that is also obvious to me.

Here's how I stay invested.

Has Tesla taken over the auto market? IMHO, yes, this is a done deal, no key man risk, contracts and product roadmap is in place.

Is the team executing? Yes, brilliantly, sometimes the impossible is late though, I think we all get that.

How much of this is due to the macro? IMHO, all of it, Tesla continues to dominate in the face of all 'competition'.

Where is all the FUD/mis-information coming from? Well, how about the 10 to 30 Trillion dollars of disruption Elon is causing to occur nearly all at once.

So, investors divest from those companies and into Tesla then? Yep, but this takes time and most likely won't speed up in a bear market.

So, when is the end of the bear market? Chair Powell holds those keys. SPY fought the bear today and is losing. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

every investor has to make own informed decisions. i am not at all interested in selling at lowest low range of prices . that would be an epic mistake with profound generational wealth adverse impact. this is clearly not the best time to watch stock price and really watch some movies or workout or do honest hard work in your day job. i have zero desire to allow any degree of negativity or pessimism to cloud my judgement. in my mind, and i could be wrong, there is zero probability of tesla going bankrupt. there is zero probability that tesla will not grow at least 30% ARR or higher over next 5 to 10 years or longer.
i am not about to miss that for anything in the world.
honest hard work in your day job - This was the funniest quote of the day bar none :)

Is this new news?

Looks like Tesla expanding yet again and again and again.
If anyone at tesla (who actually see daily order numbers) thinks that the company growth story is over, they sure are doing a great job at pretending its still accelerating like crazy.

People selling today are going to feel really, really stupid once sanity returns to the market.

I think a full year P/E change after Q4 earnings will shake a lot of people out of their bubble. You can only keep predicting a company is in trouble for so long before the financials just make you look like an idiot :D
Seems Tesla are expanding everywhere, which I agree is encouraging & removes my concerns from the FUD-media.

This article mentions expansion & the re-zoning that was mentioned a few days ago. I can't keep up with the expansions, but this seems new to me. Hard to tell unless tracking in a spreadsheet.

Actions > words

One has to wonder about morale at Tesla as well. I know a couple of people who work in high-end positions in Silicon Valley, while both probably make a nice salary, they actually make their real money from options given as part of the compensation package. Engineers, as well as others, at Tesla have been working their butts off trying to meet the standards that Elon sets. While that is not unlike other CEO's in tech, watching their net worths get destroyed and having a CEO that is more concerned with other issues (running a social media company) has to be hard on them.

I can only hold out hope that Elon will recognize the impact his behavior is having on Tesla's brand as well as it's impact on morale at the company. Until we get some real solid numbers out of Tesla, I'm afraid this stock is only going to move on fear of what Elon will tweet or do next.