Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m no expert in rental car industry practice but I’m certain someone here is. I had recently thought; could tesla have a standing order for vehicles from a fleet operation like hertz?

IE; could they arrange for a bulk EOY order at a prearranged price to clear last minute inventories? Seems like an easy way to solve for some quarterly lumpiness and get discount pricing for priority fleet operators who will be buying the inventory anyway.

Thanks, and pm me if this has been discussed; I will happily delete this post.
could make sense, however Elon has been on the record as saying that rental companies/large orders all pay the same price as retail, so doubt there are any contractual differences on deliveries.

• Helpful
Reactions: Drumheller
Well that destroys my Hypothesis of the MM's shaking down the little guys as the reason for the huge swings in Stock Price. Now it all make no sense at all....to me.
Bear in mind that a lot of these Vanguard etc funds are simply holding shares that were bought by retail investors. It is not all own-account trading by the funds/brokerages, often they are simply executing for retail.

The Reuters piece also stated that Frito Lay is a maker of light food products (can’t remember exact quote).

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American Public".

-- Reuters, reporting on H.L. Mencken in 1926

H.L. Mencken underestimating.jpg

Reuters, "fooling some of the people all the time", since 1851.

Cheers!

I reply with 'Perhaps'. The largest potential market, the best supply of qualified engineers and skilled workers is probably Brazil with parts of Minas Gerais State the easiest lithium and other elements source locations, and Itajubá is Airbus helicopter, plus Embraer in São José dos Campos, SP plus Mercedes Benz in Rio de Janeiro State. These core locations are quite near each other and all three States are eager to support new foreign investment, especially since most of the political disarray has diminished (obviously, just like the US and most of the rest of the world, the political situations are far less stable than they were a few years ago.

It does make sense to have one of the next GFs in one of these States, not least because the alleged forthcoming Mexican GF can easily cooperate with a Brazilian plant, including production cooperation with, say, Vale, and both Mexico and Brazil having trade agreements with Mercosur. There are, of course, stresses in those relations too.

Overall the combination of Mercosur and Mexico makes a rapid Brazilian investment in the near future almost irresistible. Greatly enhancing that is the desire of the new Federal government to accelerate renewables.

FWIW the clear change in optimism from me is related to both the incoming environmental priorities and the new government desire to mend frayed fences. Not easy, but the combination of Tesla and SpaceX makes the Brazilian aerospace and industrial sector drool.

With the world's largest concentrations of helicopters and turboprop aircraft, plus attractive BEV markets the prospects for labor supply plus raw materials become powerful attractions.
Few people outside Brazil (other than aerospace people) understand the reality.

The basis of 'perhaps' is that domestic Brazil newspapers, TV news and columnists have suddenly become Musk skeptics. The banning of journalists drove a frenzy that had not previously been evident here. rescinding the ban is not helping at all. Given the topic of this post this is directly relevant to how Tesla and SpaceX will be received in Brazil. This may dissipate soon, although that seems unlikely without a cessation of political commentary from the source.
It is very much a toss up between Mexico and Brazil, both are very attractive. Could we please have both.

Within Brazil (or Mexico) I feel one of the major conurbations would better suit Tesla's modus operandi. So Sao Paulo rather than Itajuba for example. (Much as I like Itajuba). In Mexico Monterrey would be a good call in my opinion.

Additionally, I just ❤️ that a letter asking for certain information to be withheld for a period of time wasn’t. 🙄

The letter itself wasn't asked to not be revealed.

The letter was asking for the prior application (document, not software) to not be revealed until that date.

So far that has been done as asked.

Now if you are loving that the request wasn't withheld (and wasn't asked to be withheld), that is normal business. Happens all the time.

The letter itself wasn't asked to not be revealed.

The letter was asking for the prior application (document, not software) to not be revealed until that date.

So far that has been done as asked.

Now if you are loving that the request wasn't withheld (and wasn't asked to be withheld), that is normal business. Happens all the time.
Yes, please withhold such and such but not the letter asking to withhold such and such. Because that way nobody will know about such and such.

Don't these numbers challenge all the MM/hedgies conspiracy theories so commonly shared in this thread? This math implies that ~95% of the shares are not likely to be swayed by emotions... All that to influence <5%? Not saying it's impossible, but it seems lower probability? Other's thoughts appreciated...

So 1st thing, some of those categories overlap, so the holdings of TSLA are not a sum of the numbers presented. 2nd thing is those are teh shares that exist; Options MMs sold the shares that DON'T exist (poofed into existence via the Madoff exemption, and unaccounted for in the share count above).

TSLA represent about half of the the entire dirivatives market for the NASDAQ. That is huge, on the order of 10x TSLA;s market cap? but nobody knows, and their are no public sources of information, nor any accounting of the actual number of TSLA shares in circulation.

It is a fariytale told by an old man by the fireplace to believe that hedge funds (who also hold MM status) have not conspired to attack the SP., Again, look into Cidadel Capital who has been a TSLA market maker since Jan 31, 2020. Look at the volatility in TSLA since then.

sc.TSLA.volatility.since.2018-05-03.png

BTW, that spike of 900M shares traded in a single day on Tue, Feb 04, 2020 was a bear raid in the last 15 min of the session, and over 3 Trillion split-adjusted shares were traded that week. That's the sharks smelling blood in the water, and circling to strike. Big fish want to kill Tesla, and they're doing it (partly) by attacking TSLA when they were still vulnerable to access to market equity raises.

But it's easier not to look behind the curtain and believe in the benign nature of MMs, right? Cuz its not talked about on CNBC, or written bout by Bloomberg, WSJ, or REUTERS? They are still trying to kill Tesla, only now they've switched tactics to attacking retail investors and consumer demand. Well, that may work (for awhile) in America, but it's a big wide world who want the best EVs.

Meanwhile, Elon is courting a largely untapped demographic in the U.S. (potential Cybertruck customers), and Tesla is working to scale deliveries in the largest emitters in the transport industry (long-haul Class 8 diesel Semi's).

I'm with Tesla and Elon for the long-haul. No, the pirates can not have my shares.

It is very much a toss up between Mexico and Brazil, both are very attractive. Could we please have both.

Within Brazil (or Mexico) I feel one of the major conurbations would better suit Tesla's modus operandi. So Sao Paulo rather than Itajuba for example. (Much as I like Itajuba). In Mexico Monterrey would be a good call in my opinion.
Mexico is close to Texas, that is a big short term advantage.

Mexico might be next stop on the Chinese factory ramping team's tour.

After that, they might have a desire to see Brazil.

Auntie Cathie on the move.

ARK Invest adds more Tesla shares, taking advantage of a rare opportunity. After Friday's purchase, ARK Innovation ETF owns 3.203 million Tesla shares worth $505.09 million.

Ha, Tesmanian used Friday's ARK purchases and Thursday's Closing SP of $157.67 to calculate their TSLA share value. At Friday's Close of $150.23 ARK's shares of TSLA had a Market value of $481.19 million.

That's Tesmanian for you... ;)

Cheers!

With all due respect, I have a feeling that the result of this poll will be very material to TSLA in the next few days.
Agreed. Great Quarterly reports, record production, PE numbers, new products etc are all nice but have little to do with TSLA. Stock price is mostly based on what ever crazy QAnon headline or tweet Elon is staring in that day. This is an investment thread. That’s where those discussion belongs.

Just sayin.

How come in China only?
Also even in China some cars still heading to the docks…
Not saying Gary is right but most refreshes started out in China first. They had the first ryzen chip, all the interior trim stuff and power lift gates first for the model 3.

However these things are usually leaked by now I would think.