Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many times is it now that they are recalling Bolts for fires? I lost count!
Unfortunately because the Bolt is a well known BEV, the recall because of the potential of a fire looks bad for all BEV's. Damn it Mary, get your sugar together! After all it was Uncle Joe's endorsement of your electric vehicle expertise to the exclusion of Tesla that got us in trouble to begin with!

Unfortunately because the Bolt is a well known BEV, the recall because of the potential of a fire looks bad for all BEV's. Damn it Mary, get your sugar together! After all it was Uncle Joe's endorsement of your electric vehicle expertise to the exclusion of Tesla that got us in trouble to begin with!
They are too busy putting out puff pieces like this.

Last edited:
For this reason alone we need to support Tesla.

OMG, now this will seriously reduces the quality of my life, a lot more than the recent loss in my account balance since I never count on that gain to maintain my living standard!

OMG, now this will seriously reduces the quality of my life, a lot more than the recent loss in my account balance since I never count on that gain to maintain my living standard!
I believe that would seriously affect most of us on this forum! Chickpea ain't gonna cut it!

Yeah, if that pool is in Beverly Hills, or San Fran. But if the pool includes Georgia, it's increased.

Tesla isn't going to get to 7M/year sales in the U.S. by selling on the coasts. It needs to move into the heartland.

Focus on the new ground to be gained, not on small losses on conquered territory.

Cybertruck.
I think Musk has effectively shaken Tesla’s reputation as a company making products for bleeding heart liberals.

While some in the heartland might still be hesitant about electric cars and trying to figure out how they can roll coal with an Eee Truck, they won’t be worried about accidentally supporting a liberal communist while doing it.

If that was Musk’s goal here…. Mission accomplished.

(This post is somewhat sarcastic in nature)

The Cybertruck is decidedly Tesla’s next big thing. At this point I would consider it a bonus if those who are easily offended have cancelled their orders by now. Then we can resume our regularly scheduled Cybertruck deliveries.

I think Musk has effectively shaken Tesla’s reputation as a company making products for bleeding heart liberals.

While some in the heartland might still be hesitant about electric cars and trying to figure out how they can roll coal with an Eee Truck, they won’t be worried about accidentally supporting a liberal communist while doing it.

The Cybertruck is decidedly Tesla’s next big thing. Hopefully all of those who are easily offended have cancelled their orders by now and we can resume our regularly scheduled Cybertruck deliveries.

Yes, obviously brilliant marketing strategy where you alienate a large group of current customers so that you can try to convert a new group.

420D chess for sure

The Cybertruck is decidedly Tesla’s next big thing. Hopefully all of those who are easily offended have cancelled their orders by now and we can resume our regularly scheduled Cybertruck deliveries.

Doubt it. Shirley don't no what u mean. /s

DPmiVvMVwAAoU5P.jpg

OT: Remind me how many passenger miles per gallon of diesel is used by a Ford F-250 Powerstroke 4x4 with one guy in it commuting to work? With a 2-yr old bale of hay in the truck bed to get the farm fuel subsidy. ;)

Yes, obviously brilliant marketing strategy where you alienate a large group of current customers so that you can try to convert a new group.

420D chess for sure
People forget when it’s convenient. Bill Cosby could still sell out shows. People still use Facebook even though *uckb*rg is in charge. Nobody cares so long as it’s not in their face right now.

Your username is about the typical amount of time people can recall why they are so upset about Musk. It’s too esoteric to put into simple terms.

People forgive sexual predators and murderers when it’s convenient. Musk’s “Crimes” will fall off the headlines and be long forgotten echos in 2 months.

I have to admit I’m a little shocked by these graphs. I’ve honestly tuned out and focus more on personal life rather than on teslas numbers lately and just believed growth was still solidly above 40% yoy. Are these charts accurate? This is not the picture I was perceiving from the last few earnings calls.

Edit; did I just got so engrossed in Optimus/robotaxis/tesla energy that I missed tesla auto stalling out super hard this year?

How does this graph make you feel?

1671601569732.png

I guess when you put 3 quarters on a chunky bar chart they look flat, but stack them up and compare vs prior years and it's a steep rise.

How does this graph make you feel?

View attachment 887371

I guess when you put 3 quarters on a chunky bar chart they look flat, but stack them up and compare vs prior years and it's a steep rise.

In 2021, 79.1 million motor vehicles were produced around the world...
I think there's still some room to grow...? :cool:

General Motors Co (GM.N) said Tuesday it is recalling 140,000 Chevrolet Bolt EVs in North America because the carpet could catch fire after a crash where a front seat belt pretensioner deploys

🧐🤪

edit:
and the amazing thing, given Reuters, is that they didn’t find a way to work “Tesla" into the headline.
Say what you will about Tesla but you’ll never see a fire sale on them (again)

Does nasdaq have concern trolls and MSM FUDsters beating the dead horse every day?

Asking for an amigo.

As I added above - Tesla was outperforming the nasdaq up until September end (Even with what you are calling the “concern trolls”)

TSLA became a massive turd sandwhich in October and has not recovered since (obviously).

Since Elon bnought twitter on 27th October:

Nasdaq down 1%
Tesla down 39%

Thats not exactly close to performing at the expected Beta. Infact the year up to the end of September, TSLA was outperforming the Nasdaq.

Remember Tesla is a tech company by valuation and tech valuations have been coming down to more realistic numbers, but the bottom there isn't in yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC