Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having more craigslist parties lately and kept selling useless junk at home. Loading up ammo and ready for Q1/Q2 of 2023 with the final battle. Not going to buy any shares in the meantime and not gonna use margin.

Edit: Too add on that, just to kept my head straight, I've also used additional funds that I left aside to prepay my mortgages. I've also cut down almost all the dine out and boxing day purchases. It is gonna be tough 2023 but that's how it goes if you drove a Ferrari off the cliff right?

Last edited:
Took me too long to clear my margin, which was a huge mistake by me. I thought I could leverage myself for bigger gains and I ended up with bigger losses. Lesson learned from this rough period is to not carry margin and especially not after the CEO of the company you‘re heavily invested in predicts an upcoming recession. It’s all in hindsight now and I’ll be able to buy small nibbles of TSLA over the next few months. I remain highly confident in Tesla and Elon Musk’s leadership.

I’m looking forward to the time when I can login and read everyone arguing about islands again.

Took me too long to clear my margin, which was a huge mistake by me. I thought I could leverage myself for bigger gains and I ended up with bigger losses. Lesson learned from this rough period is to not carry margin and especially not after the CEO of the company you‘re heavily invested in predicts an upcoming recession. It’s all in hindsight now and I’ll be able to buy small nibbles of TSLA over the next few months. I remain highly confident in Tesla and Elon Musk’s leadership.

I’m looking forward to the time when I can login and read everyone arguing about islands again.

This guy below will be the one buying an island if we all can sit tight

Not true. I am the one who is rage buying right now...

The tax loss harvesting applies to almost the ENTIRE market, with few exceptions. But then this, how do we explain this:

View attachment 889351

Is ugly across the board. Even high flying Solar stocks that have been winners for the year got trashed today. NVDA big percentage loser. And yet all of these are below average in volume! Most around 60%. Slow holiday week.

Except for, of course...

Wow, down EIGHT spots on the market cap scoreboard. Never seen that before.

Like most of the rest of you, I'm HODL-ing on for the rebound next year and beyond!

And as much as I seriously cringe with many of Elon's tweets, his narrative on the All-In podcast was as encouraging as ever, Elon at his best, about how to mercilessly mold companies to be lean, focused, and exceptionally disruptive. What a guy.

1672182620398.png

Sorry for the small print - that's what happens when you drop out of the top 10! :rolleyes:

I think Musk is saying to not take him too seriously because he's mostly clowning around. Probably because of his sarcasm didn't come through trolling Russia's President last night which lead to people writing articles about how he supports Russian propaganda.
😂 How many times does Musk tweets have to be widely ‘misinterpreted’ before he figures out that his tweets might be widely misinterpreted?

=========

Regarding the clown car tweet - for those who are unaware the creation of Twitter has famously been described by Zuckerberg as “a clown car that fell into a gold mine”

😂 How many times does Musk tweets have to be widely ‘misinterpreted’ before he figures out that his tweets might be widely misinterpreted?

=========

Regarding the clown car tweet - for those who are unaware the creation of Twitter Has famously been described by Zuckerberg as “a clown car that fell into a gold mine”
I think he likes it misinterpreted because he likes to troll the media and people with no sense of humor.

He loves this emoji 😆 everytime someone links him an article misinterpreting his tweet. Obviously this is purposeful. It's his way to discredit the media.

To be fair, Elon has been predicting and talking about recession for solid 3 years or so. It is not a last week's prediction.

The total loss of perspective for some people in this thread, almost bordering on insanity, is astonishing to see. And sad too. Is that what the (real or paper) loss of a lot of money does? The feeling of helplessness? The inability to change the big forces (Elon, media, politics, hedge funds, global forces) that determine the stock price? I wish that everyone who is currently in panick mode could take a step back and be able to put things in perspective. This is temporary, this will pass.
Curious, what is your total cost basis? Its always easier for those who got in very early.

Hey, at what price does a hostile take over start becoming a realistic possibility?

A twitter poster called Tesla Synopsis just posed the question. It got me thinking about how Apple hemmed and hawed over EVs until the opportunity passed them by. If they could take over Tesla, they would go from being completely out of the game to owning it. Plus, they'd have FSD and be in the pole position for autonomous driving. Not to mention Tesla Energy... Holy Fudubon!

If this is a remote possibility, they have to already be thinking about it. Is their 100B in the bank enough at a certain price? Is there anyone they could partner with such as the Saudis? This is a scariest thought I've had in this plunge.

Apparently, when SP goes good or not too bad, I don't have worries. Now, I need to have hear something positive from this place to HODL.
Sure

Tesla has met guidance hence their planned shut down in China and no last minute price drops for additional push besides the local Shanghai only deal to get rid of last minute inventory not met for shipping. The ones that are being ready to be shipped are for AUS which CANNOT be sold in China because they are right handed steering. This is why they are stuck waiting for ships vs being transferred out to other Chinese provinces.

Your order of operations is wrong here. Elon did all of his selling after those S&P calcs were done, and that would not have made much of a difference anyhow. The daily traded numbers are so high anyhow.
Do you have a reference for this information? AFAIK, only Elon's Dec sales came too late for the cutoff date to be included in the Dec rebalancing, but will of course be reflected in the March rebalancing.

Dark pool trades work and are legal. Elon did not use that tool because of an ideological reason, not because of money, in spite of money.
Well, that's conjecture. You don't have any special insight into Elon's motivation, yet you seem comforted to assume the worst? I don't.

This guy below will be the one buying an island if we all can sit tight
I'm very much reminded of AAPL in 2009. At some point Apple's PE was in the 8-10 range, trading as if it was an aging US steelmaker about to shut down, as some wag noted. The current TSLA trading is starting to feel like capitulation, when even many long-time bulls throw up their hands and give up. I've been averaging down with new purchases, and am fairly comfortable that a year from now that growth and earnings will lead to a substantial recovery, even if it takes much longer than that to reach all-time highs.

Took me too long to clear my margin, which was a huge mistake by me. I thought I could leverage myself for bigger gains and I ended up with bigger losses. Lesson learned from this rough period is to not carry margin and especially not after the CEO of the company you‘re heavily invested in predicts an upcoming recession. It’s all in hindsight now and I’ll be able to buy small nibbles of TSLA over the next few months. I remain highly confident in Tesla and Elon Muskevinb00k’s leadership.

I feel your pain @Kevinb007, I feel your pain...

And as much as I seriously cringe with many of Elon's tweets, his narrative on the All-In podcast was as encouraging as ever, Elon at his best, about how to mercilessly mold companies to be lean, focused, and exceptionally disruptive. What a guy.
He’s cutting my portfolio lean, focused, and disruptive too.