Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
who knows what he meant with that tweet. i could see a reasonable interpretation as 'don't be the one holding the bag.' maybe that's what he meant or maybe that's not. either way, i'd prefer he not panic, but also not make inscrutable comments or jokes when the stock is getting destroyed.
LoL okay so Musk went full TslaQ telling people to get out before Tsla goes to zero?

This year will be no different with our gifting, however this year we will take an Off the Top Rope - Elbow to the Head from Wall Street Randy Savage because I waited until the end of the year to sell, and the account is 100% TSLA. So we are unfortunately selling about 20% of the value of the account now to meet the criteria of 5% at the beginning of the year. This is tough, because it will effect the sustainability of giving many future scholarships
I applaud what you are doing, but putting 100% into TSLA is what affected the sustainability of future scholarships. Please diversify. The TSLA gravy train of the last few years was never going to last forever.

Regarding the bottom: Two things on my mind right now.
  • How much of TSLA shares are currently held on margin
    • And at what average price
  • How many LEAPs are currently being bought back at huge losses
My suspicion is that it is around ~10% and at ~$100 due to the rapid rise of the SP in 2020. That is where the margining started occurring in droves and folks have been leveraging up a storm on the way down.

While shorties might pull it down even further, retail fear and forced LEAP buybacks, I think this is the primary selling pressure that is occurring

Screenshot 2022-12-27 2.20.01 PM.png

No he has not. That is not him. Empathy makes ruthless and efficient cost cutting very difficult.

But that post is different. Yeah, I did read into it. You tell me what it means.
I think Musk is saying to not take him too seriously because he's mostly clowning around. Probably because of his sarcasm didn't come through trolling Russia's President last night which lead to people writing articles about how he supports Russian propaganda.

ridiculous strawman interpretation of my post. that's not what i said. you read into my post as much as you are reading into Musk's. pretty much proves my point.
Sorry, whenever I hear anyone say "don't be the one holding the bags", it's usually from a bear trying to get you to sell. Is there a different interpretation?

I think Musk is saying to not take him too seriously because he's mostly clowning around. Probably because of his sarcasm didn't come through trolling Russia's President last night which lead to people writing articles about how he supports Russian propaganda.
Guess I missed that one.

We are all useless homo sapiens in the end.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
The total loss of perspective for some people in this thread, almost bordering on insanity, is astonishing to see. And sad too. Is that what the (real or paper) loss of a lot of money does? The feeling of helplessness? The inability to change the big forces (Elon, media, politics, hedge funds, global forces) that determine the stock price? I wish that everyone who is currently in panick mode could take a step back and be able to put things in perspective. This is temporary, this will pass.

Sorry, whenever I hear anyone say "don't be the one holding the bags", it's usually from a bear trying to get you to sell. Is there a different interpretation?
he didn't say anything about TSLA or it going to zero. neither did I. it might just mean, you shouldn't be the sucker. some people could interpret it as being about TSLA, which is why it was a poor thing to tweet

Reactions: replicant
he didn't say anything about TSLA or it going to zero. neither did I. it might just mean, you shouldn't be the sucker. some people could interpret it as being about TSLA, which is why it was a poor thing to tweet
Fair enough, I can see how in this climate, some people may see anything Musk say to be about Tsla either for confirmation bias or hopium.