Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And they finally added the IRA incentive wording

Attachments

• 71C96C03-66ED-42BF-BE48-BD334D8A2FD9.png
    71C96C03-66ED-42BF-BE48-BD334D8A2FD9.png
    657.8 KB · Views: 80
I hope Tesla told whatever supplier they need for building the 7 seat vs 5 seat Y that they needed to increase their production by 10x.
Do you think this might force the US government to declare bankruptcy…? 🙂

I laughed way too hard because of this. I'm just picturing headlines "Tesla crashes US Government. Society in collapse. Elon Tweeting memes from his space bunker."

I hope Tesla told whatever supplier they need for building the 7 seat vs 5 seat Y that they needed to increase their production by 10x.

I laughed way too hard because of this. I'm just picturing headlines "Tesla crashes US Government. Society in collapse. Elon Tweeting memes from his space bunker."
With the new prices, the 5 seat Y is eligible under the $55k limit wording.

This is such a freaking huge flex on the industry.
As with almost all Tesla moves, in hindsight it was so obvious.

With the never ending multiple month long waits, the only thing they could do was raise prices.

Now with the queues all cleared, inventory building and the factories ramped to where operating leverage can kick in a big way, they slash prices into a declining car market hard and preemptively. And I do mean slash. The 7.5 K from the Feds is all whipped cream at these price points.

I don’t know where their margins are here, but I know they are still positive and possibly still industry leading.

Now comes the new Giga.

The OEMs cannot spend enough on advertising and MM bribing to counteract this. They are so f#*&ed.

Have no idea what this mean for the SP tomorrow, but I think it is incredibly bullish for the future.

The waiting list for LRs is going to get very long, very fast. Tesla will surely want to prioritize Performance Ys. 7 Seat performance Y will dominate for a while.

1813 in inventory currently. I wonder how fast that drops tomorrow. Will be fun to watch. I know 2 people personally who are now considering jumping on it.