Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wish Ford's CEO would stop being so political and youtube need to run more Mach-E ad. I am only seeing the ad every other video I click on which is obviously not enough to generate enough demand to move inventory from a production of 5.5k cars a month.

Ford reports today after close with separate earnings for the EV division. This is going to get messy for them as they already warned for huge losses in EV's and the first quarter was not good for F150 or Mach E for sales. Mach E due to Model Y price cuts, f150 due to the battery issues that shut production.

More discussion on how Tesla can use the long service life of their cars to make monthly payments more affordable, allowing access to more customers: (queued to time index 4:58)

How Tesla Financing Could Cut Prices by 33%! | Brighter with Herbert (3 hrs ago)
Wow. Tesla doing 10 year financing in Spain.
I'm not sure if @Artful Dodger was referring to the 10 year lease terms here or not, but it's a pretty big deal here.

Drops Model Y loan rates from over $800/ month to $500. That's in the same ballpark as leasing costs. I'm not sure how crazy interest rates are in Europe, but here in the US, that's a gangbuster rate as well. I do wonder if you have to pay for gap coverage on these loans though.

It seems the $250 raise is a signal to the consumer that prices are no longer declining .
How does the consumer know about any of it?

We know because someone is looking everyday. We know because someone is always watching for media reporting. People who are specifically looking at buying a Tesla *might* know if they’re deliberating and looking at the configurator over a period of time in which there is a price change. Maybe those thinking about buying one and they have a social media account know.

But how does the Average Joe know there’s been a $250 increase? I wager they don’t know. Go out into the street and ask a random person if they know anything about Tesla’s last few price adjustments.

Your comment is in relation to today’s SP movement as if consumers both obsess over minute price changes and that somehow translates to them buying or no longer selling TSLA stock that you’re assuming they hold.

Today’s SP action has nothing to do with the price increases nor any consumers thinking it signals end of price reductions.

I do wish Ford's CEO would stop being so political and youtube need to run more Mach-E ad. I am only seeing the ad every other video I click on which is obviously not enough to generate enough demand to move inventory from a production of 5.5k cars a month.

How can this be called an investment forum and not mention Ford is actually introducing LFP packs to reduce costs?

Unlike Tesla, who had to cut prices without any signficant cost reductions.

Ford reports today after close with separate earnings for the EV division. This is going to get messy for them as they already warned for huge losses in EV's and the first quarter was not good for F150 or Mach E for sales. Mach E due to Model Y price cuts, f150 due to the battery issues that shut production.
But good paying union jobs for the American workforce are the modus operandi of the current administration and Ford. Tesla has great paying jobs as well, but they are in Reno, Austin, Fremont and Buffalo, all places close to but not necessarily part of America.

How can this be called an investment forum and not mention Ford is actually introducing LFP packs to reduce costs?

Unlike Tesla, who had to cut prices without any signficant cost reductions.
You got us Zdiddy. Ford must be cutting prices due to cost reduction just so they can stay at the same -40% margin. Don't want to be over achieving now.

More discussion on how Tesla can use the long service life of their cars to make monthly payments more affordable, allowing access to more customers: (queued to time index 4:58)

How Tesla Financing Could Cut Prices by 33%! | Brighter with Herbert (3 hrs ago)

... was a comment back in 2021. So it looks like Tesla's pulling out their aces.
Double ditto on CyberTruck lifespan.
I think there is opportunity for Tesla to create 10 yr auto loans. Tesla vehicle time value is going to be better than most boats on 10 yr loans. Especially CyberTruck where the SS body doesn't rust out. Existing Demand doesn't warrant this, but it's an ace still.

But good paying union jobs for the American workforce are the modus operandi of the current administration and Ford. Tesla has great paying jobs as well, but they are in Reno, Austin, Fremont and Buffalo, all places close to but not necessarily part of America.

Good paying union jobs in Mexico in the case of the Mach E.

True, but I think he's doing this to put on a show for the constituents he sold out. He had to know when he voted for it that he couldn't trust the integrity of this administration to work within the confines of the bill, and use it as a tool to stimulate American jobs and manufacturing. The article is pretty good-they are honest enough to refer to this as a "climate" bill and not pretend that ~$1 trillion in new spending will do anything to reduce inflation.
If constituents means donors then you may be right. Have EV prices, EVs also being the vehicle increasing in sales the most, prices gone down?

Much as I am skeptical of certain recent actions and announcements by Tesla, and pessimistic on the short-term valuation of TSLA the stock, Tesla is the most, if not only, viable EV maker to still be around in 10 years. Market cap may never go above $500B, but at least it will not go to zero.

I think we're just in the final leg of the Middle finger pattern with Dec 2021 being the peak. We just crested the next knuckle now and we're in the trough between the 2nd to last finger and the pinky.

You are not only a superb technical Analyst 🤓 you are a Chartiste' extraordinaire! Painting a clear picture in our mind, 🧑‍🎨 like Dali!

We are so fortunate to have you sharing such wisdom and insight.

Thank you for your service. ;)

Interesting. While I keep my vehicles for 10+ years, many do not. I, personally, wouldn't want a 10 year car loan, but the numbers are probably attractive to some. At least Tesla vehicles stay relevant for much longer than other OEMs because of the frequent software updates. Plus reliability, of course. My 5 year old Tesla still seems new to me!
When you have a 100 year mortgage, I guess a 10 year car loan doesn't seem too bad.