Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA well on it's way now to testing that 225 support area. I think the macro's will help with that this week. The S&P and Nasdaq both I think are going to pull back another 2-3%. If macro's really want to test the uptrend line (which I do think they should do, it's much healthier for the market), then it's more likely they pull back more like 5-6% each.

Btw, I think some people seriously need to temper any expectations for Highland having any sort of impact this year. We have the "source" information last week where it sounded like Highland won't be doing any meaningful production until Q4, possibly early next year. And now according to WuWan, volume production on Highalnd won't start until Q1 2024. Tesla's about 1 quarter behind where most of us thought there were with Highland which was production in Q3, volume production by Q4.

I would assume demand for current Model 3 is going to dry up the second the publicly show Highland and the current Model 3 to continue to be under pricing pressure for Q3. So expect the continued bear narrative to be the overwhelming pushed narrative for TSLA for Q3 and possibly Q4, depending on how Cybertruck initial production goes.

2024 is really shaping up to be one hell of year for TSLA but Tesla the company continues to do no favors for TSLA in the short term so I expect tons of chop and consolidation for TSLA for the next 4-5 months. I do think Dec, possibly late Nov, will mark the start of a very big rally for TSLA with the ATH being the short term peak before the next consolidation period.

It should be pointed out though that the latest new out of GigaMexico is a pretty major delay. I'll try and look up the source but it says production won't be started until 2025. That's a major delay from just a few months ago where it was stated the goal was to recreate GigaShanghai construction/production speed and was for cars to be coming off the lines by summer 2024.

Last edited:
TSLA well on it's way now to testing that 225 support area. I think the macro's will help with that this week. The S&P and Nasdaq both I think are going to pull back another 2-3%. If macro's really want to test the uptrend line (which I do think they should do, it's much healthier for the market), then it's more likely they pull back more like 5-6% each.

Btw, I think some people seriously need to temper any expectations for Highland having any sort of impact this year. We have the "source" information last week where it sounded like Highland won't be doing any meaningful production until Q4, possibly early next year. And now according to WuWan, volume production on Highalnd won't start until Q1 2024. Tesla's about 1 quarter behind where most of us thought there were with Highland which was production in Q3, volume production by Q4.

I would assume demand for current Model 3 is going to dry up the second the publicly show Highland and the current Model 3 to continue to be under pricing pressure for Q3. So expect the continued bear narrative to be the overwhelming pushed narrative for TSLA for Q3 and possibly Q4, depending on how Cybertruck initial production goes.

2024 is really shaping up to be one hell of year for TSLA but Tesla the company continues to do no favors for TSLA in the short term so I expect tons of chop and consolidation for TSLA for the next 4-5 months. I do think Dec, possibly late Nov, will mark the start of a very big rally for TSLA with the ATH being the short term peak before the next consolidation period.

It should be pointed out though that the latest new out of GigaMexico is a pretty major delay. I'll try and look up the source but it says production won't be started until 2025. That's a major delay from just a few months ago where it was stated the goal was to recreate GigaShanghai construction/production speed and was for cars to be coming off the lines by summer 2024.
StarFoxWasRight. TM.

I would be amazed if they produced any cars in 2024 from that factory. There is a limit to how fast something as massive as the mexico factory can be built, tested, and surrounding parts suppliers all lined up. I'll be happy with 2025 production. I still dont think we have seen the full limit of what Shanghai, Texas and Berlin can do. There is plenty of scope for ramping up of production without Mexico.

Lets not forget that Cybertruck and Semi are both independent of mexico.
2023 is cybertruck year
2024 is cybertruck & semi ramp
2025 is mexico / model 2?

This isn't worth discussing anymore. The only thing we learned is that FSD needs to be able to recognize 'stop sign ahead' signs. Easy fix.

Ross Gerber was a fool for falling for this. He went to O'Dowd's home town and let him pick the route, so he took him straight to an intersection he already knew was a problem. Now Gerber will be the star of the upcoming Dan O'Dowd press tour and ad campaign, and he deserves all of it. This 'FSD Test' offered huge potential downside and no potential upside, but he did it anyway because he loves the limelight.
This fool manages other peoples money? This outcome - especially the response and reaction of that unethical clown - was pretty much expected.

You get comfy with the pig then don't cry if you get smattered in sh$t.

Last edited:
I would be amazed if they produced any cars in 2024 from that factory. There is a limit to how fast something as massive as the mexico factory can be built, tested, and surrounding parts suppliers all lined up. I'll be happy with 2025 production. I still dont think we have seen the full limit of what Shanghai, Texas and Berlin can do. There is plenty of scope for ramping up of production without Mexico.

2023 is cybertruck year
Which is why I believe TSLA will still rally hard throughout 2024. GigaMexico/Gen 3 was necessarily needed for a large rally.

We have Cybertruck, Semi ramp, Energy (which if it continues its ramp trend it will finally start to meaningfully impact earnings in 2024), FSD (which rate of improvement continues and Dojo officially coming online now), along with smaller things to bolster earnings/margins which are continued IRA credits as Tesla ramps 4680 volume, increased Supercharger revenue from higher usage rates, and continued expansion of Insurance that will grow quickly as more states open combined with US production/delivery dramatically increasing from Austin and all Canadian deliveries coming from Shanghai now.

The only potential negative is if Gen 3 is moved off to 2025 and worldwide, interest rates continue to stay high, 3/Y prices might need to come down even more to sustain the increased production from Berlin/Austin. I'm of the belief that the Fed will start slowly dropping rates at the beginning of Q4 2023 and get back to 3.5% by mid 2024 which is where they'll keep rates for a long time. So I think demand from affordability increases naturally for Tesla at the end of this year and all throughout 2024.

Last edited:
But gOlDen crOss.
This one on the 3 minute charts?
Friday and today
(Thursday Friday were a white candle and a black candle, bearish harami IF you believe candlestic charts, enough do for it to be self fullfilling)
right around 2pm in afternoon
IF you do daily charts, it's there,
1 and 3 minute charts its more a 2BB kinda spiral dance
this may be just a breather and a chance to BTD
(and yeah, i been lookin at charts for 40 or so years, still not rich it seems)
1687800948262.png

...In the Southern California urban area I grew up in, back when regular (leaded!) was $.27/gal...
This (above) is what inflation does. The sooner inflation gets under control (2% range) the better. Temporarily undershooting inflation by continuing to raise interest rates may occur but so be it. This beats long term devaluation of a currency. I agree with @StarFoxisDown! regarding tempering expectations of TSLA in 2023, except for his stance on interest rates. I believe interest rates will continue to rise in 2023 with lowering expected only beginning to mid 2024. Short term pain for long term gain. Don't bet against the FED. They will stay the course.

2023 is cybertruck year

It wouldn't surprise me one iota to find out they have also been installing an "Unboxed" line at GigaTexas in parallel with Cybertruck.

It's not like they don't have a little extra room inside.

Probably Sunday morning, usa time.
Pretty much if the 2nd falls on Sunday, it's 100% of the time when the P/D numbers come out.

This is probably one of the weirdest P/D numbers in a long time. Not even going to bother with makings an estimate. There's tons of conflicting reports/data and if you take production rates that Tesla themselves promoted for both Berlin and Austin and you think that inventory stayed level from end of Q1, then deliveries should be something like 500k.

So who knows. Inventory probably grew some, but it would have had to have grown a ton IF Austin/Berlin averaged 4,500/week production for Q2. Pretty much the only thing we do know is that Shanghai production and local deliveries/exports have been pretty good.

It wouldn't surprise me one iota to find out they have also been installing an "Unboxed" line at GigaTexas in parallel with Cybertruck.

It's not like they don't have a little extra room inside.
I thought the Cybertruck was already using the unboxed approach? The tell was in the Investor Day presentation where Lars Moravy said the next gen vehicle was going to be put together "just like Cybertruck." (@51:00) I assume that's why Tom Zhu is now in Austin and the design of the Monterrey GF is still somewhat in flux as they are working out all of the final details on the Cybertruck production.

The problem with going with an unboxed approach has been paint. Since the Cybertruck doesn't use paint, it's not constrained.

Edit: I now see that you could mean that they are installing two unboxed lines in Texas. One for the cybertruck, one in addition.

2023 is cybertruck year
2025 is the year for Semi ramp. Not starting volume production until the end of 2024 per Elon.

Reactions: kbM3