Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, definitely a unique car window. It's dual pane but its a thin dual pane .08 M wide assembled so about 3", maybe an inch or so air gap?

And the inner pane is a different size than the outer pane (has to be smaller because of the curve and gap).

"All S-class W140s (92-99) have the double-paned glass with the inert gas in the middle"

So let me put it this way. If Tesla was putting double paned glass in any cars it'd be the X and S and it'd be a bullet point on the monroney sticker and be all over the web as a rare type of car glass.

Absolutely no way the Model 3 or Model Y would get such an expensive glass setup.

Laminated glass is in so many cars it's almost not worth talking about. This is why saying Dual Paned glass in a tesla is such a mistake.

Laminated side windows "acoustic glass" have become common in European luxury cars, particularly German ones, for noise reduction reasons. See Use of PVB in Laminated Side Glass for Passenger Vehicle Interior Noise Reduction. The abstract notes an almost 3dB noise reduction from the laminated side windows. It's particularly effective for wind noise. The laminate material in this case is chosen for damping/noise reduction qualities, rather than strength, etc as for the front window. Example of the layering material: Sound Acoustic Interlayer for Automotive Laminated Glass | SEKISUI S-LEC

Last edited:
LOL...roto-reuters at it again:

1690482356714.png

View attachment 960120
The Reuters article is actually BS.

Just watch this video from 2 years ago on how is Tesla able to achieve such good EPA scores.
This feels like a new FUD wave incoming because legacy is getting their ass kicked by Tesla in EV-sales.

The Reuters article is actually BS.

Just watch this video from 2 years ago on how is Tesla able to achieve such good EPA scores.
This feels like a new FUD wave incoming because legacy is getting their ass kicked by Tesla in EV-sales.

There are so many BS service requests Tesla needs to squash because people doesn't understand computers. So many people were going to contact Tesla service because fsd visualization froze in my local Facebook group.

View attachment 960120

Here I had earlier prophesied the use of the Cybertruck as a golf cart for affluent country clubs, and now this indicates they are using Teslas on driving ranges as well.

It seems logical this would be distracting to the customers and likely is the reason for the driving range complaints.

/s

Laminated side windows "acoustic glass" have become common in European luxury cars, particularly German ones, for noise reduction reasons. See Use of PVB in Laminated Side Glass for Passenger Vehicle Interior Noise Reduction. The abstract notes an almost 3dB noise reduction from the laminated side windows. It's particularly effective for wind noise. The laminate material in this case is chosen for damping/noise reduction qualities, rather than strength, etc as for the front window. Example of the layering material: Sound Acoustic Interlayer for Automotive Laminated Glass | SEKISUI S-LEC

I'm flabbergasted that you replied with something so missing the point.

We were discussing the term "double pane".

Sure laminated glass is common in cars, Double Pane is not.

Last edited:
View attachment 960131

This should say "Tesla Warns Competitors of Heavy Investments to Support Growth"

LOL someone should tell them that "investments to support growth" are exactly what (good) investors are looking for.

I found this to be one of the more interesting and positive parts of recent investor guidance.

Roll the tapes back a bit and Elon & Zach have repeatedly claimed that they have so many good investment opportunities / no shortage of ideas. Now they have the free cash flow to power some of those opportunities. Based on the company's incredible track record of revenue vs. R&D spend I think there is a lot of long term growth that is not close to being realized in the stock price.

Of course not all will work (I'm looking at you solar roof) or will be done in anything close to the expected timeline (cough FSD, cough semi) but given that the stock price doesn't even include megapack growth I think we may have multiple large revenue streams where Tesla will have put in Billions of investments by the time Wall St starts to get a clue.

- Megapacks
- Powerwall
- AutoBidder
- Revenue from charging infrastructure
- FSD licensing
- Optimus
- AI chips
- AI licensing

Watching META perform well after earnings is barftastic.

Watching the macro creep towards ATHs is also disheartening with TSLA only currently recovered perhaps 55% of the drop off.

It will hit 300 soon, just hope the next leg won’t take as long as the last.

We tapped the Fibonacci band and got rejected, hopefully a retest soon and swell to $350 the final .78 band on the road to recovery. ❤️‍🩹
View attachment 959869
Agreed (A deeper dive...)