Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I don’t see any reason why Tesla would want to rush into Robotaxis.
Tesla doesn't, people who just want to see short term stonk go green crowd wanted it yesterday. Who cares if it will cause mountains of bad press and operating cost in the billions....

How does this confirm the possibility of a double layer pack?
The floor in that CT assembly pic doesn't look "really high, way more than any other Tesla vehicle" to me.... it looks rather standard. As a matter of fact, the seats are up on decent height rails, unlike what appeared to be raised floor section with the seats directly on it in the Roadster 2.0 prototypes, which was thought to be a double-height pack (at least in some sections).
I'm the only one seeing this? It's still missing a piece of trim on the whole bottom, so the floor to the bottom of the pack is way thicker than a single cell pack requires

The floor is also level with the door sill, vs other Teslas in which there is a lip there

It confirms because from a engineering point of view there is no reason to make the floor thicker for nothing. If they could make thinner they would, since the whole truck height would be reduced, meaning less aero drag and less cells required in the first place

Cybertruck

1692906268177.png

Model 3

1692906417704.png

I'm the only one seeing this? It's still missing a piece of trim on the whole bottom, so the floor to the bottom of the pack is way thicker than a single cell pack requires

The floor is also level with the door sill, vs other Teslas in which there is a lip there

It confirms because from a engineering point of view there is no reason to make the floor thicker for nothing. If they could make thinner they would, since the whole truck height would be reduced, meaning less aero drag and less cells required in the first place

Cybertruck

View attachment 967917

Model 3

View attachment 967918
I think you are just being confused by the different angle/perspective of the pictures. The floor of the Cybertruck doesn't look level with the sill to me.

Tesla doesn't, people who just want to see short term stonk go green crowd wanted it yesterday. Who cares if it will cause mountains of bad press and operating cost in the billions....

Tesla Safety AI API (I hope they call it this and charge up the wazoo to Cruise, Waymo, etc.) to save the day and create tons of great press in 2024!

Tesla Safety AI API (I hope they call it this and charge up the wazoo to Cruise, Waymo, etc.) to save the day and create tons of great press in 2024!
But seriously, the waymo/cruise rollout is what we can expect from Tesla robotaxi. Not a lot of praise but plenty of criticism just like FSBb today. I 100% believe the right and correct way to roll this out is years after FSD is solved. Give millions of people the chance to use it everyday, giving them confidence/trust in the system. Until people themselves experience a few years of zero interventions, then we can roll it out as a suppliment for those who doesn't want to own a car(but have had the FSD experience before). Right now waymo and cruise is a mystery and it's hard for people to defend their mistakes as the public has no access to the hardware, therefore it's not possible to fully understand their operations and deficiencies.

You see many Tesla users defending AP/FSDb today after every bad press because we were given access and fully understand the system, calling any negative press the BS that they are.

Exactly what I wanted to post; the empty space under the floor on my 2018 X75D is ENOURMOUS. There are many Styrofoam blocks filling up that space.

I've always wanted a cargo or camping version of Model X, and to see all that wasted space below the floor really grinds my gears. I almost never carry more than one passenger, so the rear seats and associated systems are useless to me.

Last edited:
But seriously, the waymo/cruise rollout is what we can expect from Tesla robotaxi. Not a lot of praise but plenty of criticism just like FSBb today. I 100% believe the right and correct way to roll this out is years after FSD is solved. Give millions of people the chance to use it everyday, giving them confidence/trust in the system. Until people themselves experience a few years of zero interventions, then we can roll it out as a suppliment for those who doesn't want to own a car(but have had the FSD experience before). Right now waymo and cruise is a mystery and it's hard for people to defend their mistakes as the public has no access to the hardware, therefore it's not possible to fully understand their operations and deficiencies.

You see many Tesla users defending AP/FSDb today after every bad press because we were given access and fully understand the system, calling any negative press the BS that they are.

No seriously - there's already a proven data well with Tesla FSD while in beta. If the issue is not having enough data to test anything out except for in simulation...then organizations will be all over Tesla to get that data well. It'll no doubt improve the safety rating of those organization's robotaxis just from the data well itself that Tesla owns and, if, the its all ingestible, no? The same goes for researchers in academic settings.

FSD is a product, data is the platform. I'm sure you know this because I kinda get it nowadays.

Just keep in mind this is quite a old picture, the body of current Model S/X is totally different with the floor and battery pack top lid touching each other. Or in the case of 4680 Model Y, being the floor
Right, none are Apples to Apples. Just comparisons. The only BIW I could find of the M3 was a drawing. Most MY/3 images on the net look like the CT with some panels attached, but they were at worse angles.

Reactions: GhostSkater
This is a huge imminent positive catalyst for TSLA. Many investors think there's a chance NHTSA is going to tell Tesla to shut off Autopilot.

Last edited:
Elon isn't wrong.

My model 3 LR RWD 5 years ago was 51k after a color upgrade

Today I just bought a Model Y for 51k with 2 extra seats, 1 extra motor, 200 more HP, 30mi extra range, matrix headlights, power trunk, HW4, double pane windows, lithium 12v battery and ryzen MCU. But I'm sure there's a person out there somewhere crying about no home link, USS, and passenger lumber support....

Elon isn't wrong.

Today I just bought a Model Y for 51k with 7 seats, 1 extra motor, 200 more HP, matrix headlights, power trunk, HW4, and ryzen MCU. But I'm sure there's a person out there somewhere crying about no home link or passenger lumber support....

C'mon, be serious.

You know it has neither Starlink, nor SpaceX thrusters. Without which it really can't be considered a very good value.

It is hard to comprehend how they even sell these featureless vehicles, particularly considering the competition they are up against.

/S

Elon isn't wrong.

Today I just bought a Model Y for 51k with 2 extra seats, 1 extra motor, 200 more HP, 30mi extra range, matrix headlights, power trunk, HW4, double pane windows, lithium 12v battery and ryzen MCU. But I'm sure there's a person out there somewhere crying about no home link, USS, and passenger lumber support....
What about the $100/year for premium connectivity? That's a deal breaker!

/s