Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon in Italy and with Meloni was well documented in much of the EU, although i saw no substantive reporting outside the EU. Based on reporting in Le Monde, which I read every day, I think @aubreymcfato made an accurate representation. Considering the important of the EU and potentially italy to Tesla interests it is definitely to our TSLA investor interests to understand at least the general tone of our CEO's conversations with leaders of major countries. I did not read the Italian press so I do not know how coverage was handled there.

I'm simply stating that the liason Meloni-Musk have, that has been flaunted quite much on this forum, is purely political and - at present - completely useless for Tesla. If Meloni brings Tesla to invest in Italy for a battery or semi factory I'll be the first to cheer.
As of now, my government is quite pro-fossil and it shows.

We have dozens of counties Elon has visited for various reasons. Frankly, my worries had nothing to do with Italy. It was a big voice against commenting on every world Elon spits out there. Elon will do good and has done so. For those that don't believe it, just watch the latest from Everyday Astronaut.

Debating what Elon said to the Pope is least important of all that matter.

Reactions: Mike Ambler
while driving residential solar ROI longer and longer into decade plus territory (multi-decade without battery storage)

It’s the same in Belgium. I’ve been looking into installing solar panels for 15 years now, and never found a compelling financial reason. With more and more negative energy prices, I have less and less financial incentive to install solar. The only thing that could change the situation if the non-energy part of the electricity bill would increase. There are some rumours that the network costs may go up significantly, but on the other hand the politicians want remove some of the surcharges (e.g. the fee to cover road lighting, or green energy subsidies) and move the costs to the general budget instead of the electricity bill, in order to make switching to heat punps cheaper.
Either most people can’t use excel to calculate a ROI, or they are satisfied with a return of 1% on a 30 year investment.
There are also some regulations that force people/companies/governments to install solar when they build or renovate a house.

Your cost of solar is off by 100%. I have 5 quotes for 10kW all over $30k. Don't count the tax credit, because that doesn't change the price I have to pay the installer. And electricity is closer to .18/kWh for me so solar is a 12 year payback, but I'm paying it all up front in today's dollars.
Including the tax credit is necessary for a factual cost analysis. Making things up makes the point you are trying to make meaningless. If you have a 12 year payback with made up numbers(ignoring the 30% cost savings of the tax credit), then your payoff is likely closer to 8 years. That's a good deal financially and in terms of the greater good i.e. clean, renewable energy vs fossil fuel electricity generation.

Reactions: dhrivnak
It’s the same in Belgium. I’ve been looking into installing solar panels for 15 years now, and never found a compelling financial reason. With more and more negative energy prices, I have less and less financial incentive to install solar. The only thing that could change the situation if the non-energy part of the electricity bill would increase. There are some rumours that the network costs may go up significantly, but on the other hand the politicians want remove some of the surcharges (e.g. the fee to cover road lighting, or green energy subsidies) and move the costs to the general budget instead of the electricity bill, in order to make switching to heat punps cheaper.
Either most people can’t use excel to calculate a ROI, or they are satisfied with a return of 1% on a 30 year investment.
There are also some regulations that force people/companies/governments to install solar when they build or renovate a house.
This. I am in the same boat especially after Tesla cancelled my solar order.

Plus all of the newest integrations of batteries, inverters switches and all into just a few components along with current prices make it very compelling. Many of such installs have been done by DYIers but even with designated crew this is very easy to implement nowadays.

Coming from you that sounds more like a threat than a warning.

And plus I haven't seen this story confirmed anywhere reputable. Everywhere it's posted the details change. Given the flat shape of the Cybertruck hood, it's probably pretty easy to superimpose some spray paint graphics with video-editing software. Maybe even easier than spray painting dozens of $100k vehicles staged for delivery somewhere there would be security cameras and/or security guards.

It's the new Cybertruck - Irony Edition.

• Funny
Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
A preview to come for what happens to unattended robotaxis, perhaps.
Don't you ever get bored of posting nothing but negative, downbeat hot-takes like this? Why don't you just sell your shares and find somewhere to discuss companies you actually like? Continuing like this, every day, day in and day out...is just very very strange, unless posting negativity here is weirdly a paid job. Probably not a well paid one.

Don't you ever get bored of posting nothing but negative, downbeat hot-takes like this? Why don't you just sell your shares and find somewhere to discuss companies you actually like? Continuing like this, every day, day in and day out...is just very very strange, unless posting negativity here is weirdly a paid job. Probably not a well paid one.
Plot Twist: D&S does not really own any real shares in $TSLA, just some shorted shares that he is big time underwater on. Or maybe he's really the 'Tesla Economist' posting on TMC.

On a different subject, I would like to apologize for the actions of some stupid idiots downstate. However, spray can paint can be easily cleaned off with the proper solvent. I ve done it numerous times on car paint. Shouldn’t delay delivery much if at all.
In fact, Cybertrucks (and DeLoreans, etc.) do not have factory paint options because it's hard to get paint to stick. That's my understanding. It might make it easier to get graffiti off.

Reactions: scaesare
Somebody tagged a bunch of cars in my shop parking lot about 10 years ago. The body shop guy up the hill just buffed it right off in about 5 minutes. No solvents or anything like that required.

Attachments

• IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    435 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2062.JPG
    IMG_2062.JPG
    349.6 KB · Views: 1
For anyone interested just search for Willian Chandler Delaware Court of Chancery. His decades of practice produced a reputation as pragmatic and consistent with essentially no intervention of personal views. He understands how important impartiality is and how irrelevant personal views should be when dealing with corporate law. He understands that Delaware gained it’s domiciliary success at the expense of New Jersey especially, when New Jersey began to treat corporate issues with a directly political lens.

Whether any other jurisdiction can deal with impartiality is an open question since much of debate today deals with applying partisan views to all walks of life. In my view, Former Chancellor Chandler is, sadly, a member of a threatened species.

Regardless of any views any of us hold on any given TSLA issue, we all should be able to agree that strict adherence to the law should be the ruling principle for judges. Agree we might, but we also no that throughout much of the world, not just the US, that principle is being eviscerated. Moving to Texas does not solve that problem, and may even exacerbate it.

If you don't respond to him most of us wouldn't even know he was on this forum. It's a pretty simple solution really. Not sure why people can't figure this out.