Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For comparison - June 23 UK tesla Y sales were around 5500 (from China, high month, end of quarter).

5000 Tesla Y to Turkey from mid-May to now, 8000 expected by end of September.

No way to investigate claim, these numbers aren't being counted in estimates:-
Translated

"Will Tesla break the world record in Turkey

I learned that Tesla has delivered around 5,000 Model Ys in Turkey so far.

It was expected that the number of deliveries would reach 8,000 by the end of September, with more than 3,000 vehicles towed to Istanbul Park a short while ago.

In October, the target was to exceed 10,000 deliveries.

Delivery of 10,000 units of a model every 5 months could be a world record for Tesla..."

I would love to see the V12 FSD learn from driving in Istanbul-- a densely populated city with huge traffic and crazy drivers, yet no accidents.

I usually don't bother to read into open interest/volume charts for options for the following week and the week after that since most of the time the open interest and volume's are so low in numbers that they will easily change greatly at the start of the next week.

But as I was looking at options for this week to see how much incentive there is for MM's to cap at 260 or try and drop the stock to 249.99 by Friday, I happened to look at next week's options and the week after and there's some noticeable updates/differences between when I looked a couple days ago and today. Namely, that there's a big call wall forming for 300 next week with decent amount of volume forming for Calls between 250-300.

But it's the following week that's really interesting. A big call wall at 400/share. Granted, some of these calls are LEAPS. So bets made a long time ago that are still open. But the noticeable thing is that just a couple days ago, this call wall at 400/share was much, much smaller. I can't remember the exact number it was at but I think it's at least doubled in size in the past few days.

I don't want to read too much into that, but clearly there's some big bets coming in that TSLA will be much higher, well clear of 300 in two weeks.

And obviously, don't take this as go out and YOLO TSLA. This could be strategic hedging or could Wall St just playing games to make it looks like there's bullish bets on the options only to pull the rug. We've seen it happen before.
I do remember looking at Max several weeks out recently and those were not there... or I would have said something as well. Wow.

Yes derr, lots of accidents, but given my anecdotal experience with taxi drivers on multiple visits, some of which were simultaneously viewing youtube 'dramas' and some driving the opposite lane to get ahead of traffic, did not experience any accident nor witness any accident. Mainly because the car has high value and the driver would be in big trouble if something happened to the car...

Yeah, look at it whiz through that part. 3 1/2 minutes with time lapse. Hope Tesla has more than one brake press.
I was wondering if they didn't have something more....radical than a conventional press brake in mind for forming CT panels. A break is an awfully slow way to form panels vs a stamping press. Those pieces look like aluminum to me, but it's hard to tell on a video.

I envisioned something more along the lines of a stamping press operation, instead of forming, multiple, simultaneous actions (slides) performing simultaneous bends in multiple locations. Much more expensive up-front tooling, but far easier to hold tolerances and get out reasonable production numbers.

Last edited:
I just tried logging into my Fidelity account to try to secure positions before end of day, and I'm getting this message:

"Fidelity is currently unable to provide brokerage or mutual fund account information. Please try again later"

Can someone try logging into their Fidelity to see if they're having the same issue? I checked on google past 24 hours, but haven't seen anyone say they're having an issue.

I just tried logging into my Fidelity account to try to secure positions before end of day, and I'm getting this message:

"Fidelity is currently unable to provide brokerage or mutual fund account information. Please try again later"

Can someone try logging into their Fidelity to see if they're having the same issue? I checked on google past 24 hours, but haven't seen anyone say they're having an issue.
Same

Im getting this message:

1693425101434.png

Trying to retrieve my account info yields nothing in the drop down menus:

1693425170639.png

Same here

Positions for some accounts are currently unavailable. We are urgently working to restore service.

• Informative
Reactions: neverdone
I was wondering if they didn't have something more....radical than a conventional press brake in mind for forming CT panels. A break is an awfully slow way to form panels vs a stamping press. Those pieces look like aluminum to me, but it's hard to tell on a video.

I envisioned something more along the lines of a stamping press operation, instead of forming, multiple, simultaneous actions (slides) performing simultaneous bends in multiple locations. Much more expensive up-front tooling, but far easier to hold tolerances and get out reasonable production numbers.
I agree. You can build as simple or sophisticated a brake press as you want. You can make it virtually any size. I highly doubt Tesla bought one ‘off the shelf’. They probably chose a base style/type/size and then had the guts built to suit their specific needs. Just like they did with the casting machinery. Maybe they can bend more than one panel at once? Two robots, two parts, same bending angle?

Still, you can only bend up to a certain speed or you’ll rip the metal, but you could conceivably do multiple bends at a time.

<self-edit: deleting LotR commentary about Bilbo eating 2nd breakfast in the books... ;) >

Vaguely back on track:
Looks like we ended the day pretty much even - could have been worse. I'm really hoping that this week's trend continues and we hit over 300... I'd like to close down a corporate account this year and want to sell those TSLA shares in 2023 (everything else in the account was sold, but I figured we'd see a spike this year... Had an sell order and missed the top by a few $ earlier).

I've missed a few of the recent announcements by the feds - are they still threatening to raise interest rates further this year? I'm hoping the headwinds settle down during the Cybertruck deliveries happening soon...