Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are an anomaly.

I’m glad you haven’t had to use one and I understand EV’s require LOWER amounts of service but that does not mean that they NEVER require service. (Go look at some peoples post regarding the next available appointment at their local service center)

Secondly, majority of people that could be Tesla customers have absolutely zero idea about the reduced need of regular servicing, or mobile rangers, or all that *sugar*.

They are going to look and realize they have zero service centers in 300 miles and use that as a negative to buying a Tesla.

Seriously people need to stop focusing on what works for you and saying everybody else has to adopt to the way you do it. I DONT HAVE TO HAVE A SERVICE CENTER CLOSE SO EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD JUST BE FINE WITH IT.

That’s not the way it works, the ultimate end goal is getting as many EV’s on the road as possible and in doing so you have to appeal to the mass market.

A few months back, Elon stated that he wanted service Centers to become profitable. Next appt, my tire rotations were to cost $50 so I passed for now.
So if the business model is like Walmart, they go where there is demand. Hopefully they can subsidize your area to balance out both need and profit.
Most of my support was over the phone while they have direct connections to my vehicle systems. I have never experienced this. My shop visits were ALL unecessary, just there to learn or help. I see this as better than status quo. Be glad there is someone to call or to come get you in an emergency. A service center in each town could affect the mission.
I'm certain there are people who wish they had a Walmart or Home Depot in town, but that crowd chose to live or stay away from the big cities. I honestly hate that I live around Phoenix, but I can also get anything locally, thats the trade-off. I dont want Tesla to look just like GM. The world is changing fast.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
If something like this is happening, I bet it is so convoluted - we can't find it. It would just be some "dark money" going to some nice sounding organization incorporated in a place that makes it all but impossible to find out who is behind the organization.

I don’t know that it’d be so difficult to track that amount of money. If someone like a Stone or a Palast tried.

After all, they all but named the first draft “Operation FUD”:

The campaign born under the Fueling U.S. Forward brand had been anticipated by a report by investigative journalist Peter Stone, who revealed in early 2016 that the Koch network planned “to spend about $10 million dollars per year to boost petroleum-based transportation fuels and attack government subsidies for electric vehicles.”

The point is having service centers at the very least in the state people live in will be a benefit to the sale of Model 3’s and Y’s in the US. Same principle applies abroad.
If allowed, they would be there. My understanding is the MI has laws against Tesla having an SC.

I agree w/ respect to mocking. Mocking should be avoided or kept to a minimum. My posts on @skabooshka were not mocking (see @skabooshka thread). I posted a more informative doxx (by somone else) on @skabooshka, that provided further details on him and his online activities. This could be useful in providing other users further info about @skabooshka, which might aid Tesla and/or the community in their online and offline efforts in combating @skabooshka and other trolls (note how TMC discussions on the SEC case may have been fruitful to Tesla, as other TMC users have commented). I also posted info about a gofundme campaign for @skabooshka, which is also useful (as other TMC users have pointed out that there is now a grass roots movement to report and take down the gofundme page (since it may be supporting a user who has engaged in reckless, harmful, and criminal activities). Finally, I posted a link to a Verge article discussing the topic.

I don't see how any of my posts were mocking, nor how they were not potentially informative and useful.

Related, is this boiling down to the classic Haves and Have-nots? Are we being associated with the 1%?
Is there some clever way to communicate that we are not, but the people who think so are actually helping the same 1% they so detest?
My activism with the DNC has been growing lately, should we give Bernie Sanders a call? Wondering, what's the corellation between haters and have-nots?
On topic because society could misiterpret the mission and affect SP (or where we drive or live).

I have been assuming that HW3 aka FSD computer will be included with each car, cutting over from the HW2.5 NVIDIA at some point to be announced and possibly already happened. I believe I saw some YouTube headlines of folks excited that their new M3 already had HW3.

However, is this cast in stone already, or could it be that the FSD option might be changed to include HW upgrade, since it is so easy to swap, maybe even at the last minute of delivery? There could be some upcoming features announced tomorrow that will automatically show up only if your car has HW3. Seems like would smooth the production ramp somewhat, and they could decide to include it standard on some models/trims (S/X for example), and exclude it on some/all M3s, maybe only the awd or long range models get it.

Just wondering, seems like could better justify the higher price for FSD we are told is coming, and may be good for margins, manufacturing cutover, etc etc.

I am starting to think drawing attention to this guy was a mistake as it seems the media narrative here will spin this again into Tesla ganging up on a poor "journalist".

When it comes to Tesla the "media narrative" too often is based on speculation not facts. Actual facts are sparse. Tesla stays mostly quiet. Social media hates a vacuum, however. When a heaping dose of speculation is added to a couple of loose facts, you get a swiss cheese of a story, a Mad Libs game where in addition to nouns, verbs, and adjectives, you occasionally are invited to pick intents, agendas, and reasons.

For instance:
Tesla was late delivering the [Noun] because [Reason]. Elon Musk, Tesla's [Adjective] CEO, stated three years ago that [Noun] would be ready by 2017, but it didn't ship until 2019. In a later conference call he explained that suppliers were late shipping [Plural Noun] and that other parts turned out to be [Adjective]. Short investors do not believe this, instead argue the delays were due to [Intent]...

Run that through the Cuisinart of social media for a few hours, and the usual publications will take their ladle, drop it in, scoop up the contents, and in no time out pours their next story, empty of factual protein but full of partially hydrogenated speculation and high fructose misinformation.

The proxy announced after-hours a relatively significant corporate restructuring, including elimination of the super-majority requirement, reduction in the size of the BoD, and reduction in the length of Director terms. Also, JB's decision to opt for California's minimum wage as his salary. Any thoughts on how the market will re-act? Do buy-side analysts view these changes positively or negatively?

When it comes to Tesla the "media narrative" too often is based on speculation not facts. Actual facts are sparse. Tesla stays mostly quiet. Social media hates a vacuum, however. When a heaping dose of speculation is added to a couple of loose facts, you get a swiss cheese of a story, a Mad Libs game where in addition to nouns, verbs, and adjectives, you occasionally are invited to pick intents, agendas, and reasons.

For instance:
Tesla was late delivering the [Noun] because [Reason]. Elon Musk, Tesla's [Adjective] CEO, stated three years ago that [Noun] would be ready by 2017, but it didn't ship until 2019. In a later conference call he explained that suppliers were late shipping [Plural Noun] and that other parts turned out to be [Adjective]. Short investors do not believe this, instead argue the delays were due to [Intent]...

Run that through the Cuisinart of social media for a few hours, and the usual publications will take their ladle, drop it in, scoop up the contents, and in no time out pours their next story, empty of factual protein but full of partially hydrogenated speculation and high fructose misinformation.
That was quite poetic! Gifted writer.

Could you please help us remember what Tesla's guidance on Q1 has been over the past 6 months?

Profitable for all quarters going forward.

So what’s the Q1 force majeure that made Tesla miss that guidance? Also do you think Q2 is going to profitable? So far, I am not seeing a lot of encouraging signs.

The proxy announced after-hours a relatively significant corporate restructuring, including elimination of the super-majority requirement, reduction in the size of the BoD, and reduction in the length of Director terms. Also, JB's decision to opt for California's minimum wage as his salary. Any thoughts on how the market will re-act? Do buy-side analysts view these changes positively or negatively?

Now that we have established that aggressive divesting schedules and directors leaving are correlated, what does that say about JB’s selling over the last few months?

I really am willing to look at signs that contradict my own gut. So surprise me.

Perhaps wait for Q1 ER. If the financials are better than you're anticipating and you can appreciate some of the one-offs from Q1 won't apply to Q2, maybe you'll look at things in a less gloomy light. I think it's a bit early to be writing off Q2 profitability.

Perhaps wait for Q1 ER. If the financials are better than you're anticipating and you can appreciate some of the one-offs from Q1 won't apply to Q2, maybe you'll look at things in a less gloomy light. I think it's a bit early to be writing off Q2 profitability.

Fair enough. What about if the Q1 is really bad, will the collective here acknowledge that Q2 is likely going to bad negative as well?

Fair enough. What about if the Q1 is really bad, will the collective here acknowledge that Q2 is likely going to bad negative as well?

I guess it would depend on why it was bad. One-offs or things that are likely to apply it Q2 as well? I know many here are overly optimistic, but Tesla are anything but predictable.