Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that we have established that aggressive divesting schedules and directors leaving are correlated, what does that say about JB’s selling over the last few months?
Given he had 242k shares 2 years ago and that he has 306k shares now... I'd say it says pretty much nothing....
However, feel free to aggregate/ tabulate/ consolidate all his SEC filings to show a change in the trend .

You are clueless about human nature, nobody is that selfless and altruistic.

He wants to save humanity , for the glory of it. A saving angel.

He is amazing , but keep it real .

You are clueless about human nature of high achievers.

During the 20 years I spent making it. I worked 95% of my time while awake. Others whom I spoke with have the same story.

You simply don't think about enjoyment or luxury. Whatever was bought was whatever that can be obtained with the least amount of wasted time. And as youb reach higher, there are managers who manages your asset for you so you can dedicate your time to the mission.

First class/business class flight for example. People scream rrreeeeeee rich spoilt person, but it is the only way to get somewhere and wake up refreshed for a long negotiation right after you land. Especially as you get older.

Elon might not be doing it for altruistic reasons, as I am projecting myself onto his thinking. But I wouldn't be surprised if everything he does is to move the goal forward in achieving the mission.

I know YOU aren’t that selfless or altruist. I know I am not. But that doesn’t mean he’s not. He’s given no indications in the past decade that he’s anything but.

Last edited:
I guess it would depend on why it was bad. One-offs or things that are likely to apply it Q2 as well? I know many here are overly optimistic, but Tesla are anything but predictable.

Well let's start with simple improvements that we can expect in Q2...

1. Eight thousand Model 3s made in Q1 being delivered in Q2..in China and Europe...probably not repeated at the end of Q2 because the logistics of delivering abroad are better understood.
2. Better performance from Energy Storage products from GF1 and even GF2 solar tile deliveries...seasonal improvement.
3. Higher production of Model 3 in Q2 as issues at GF 1 are resolved/have been resolved...simplified vehicle variants.
4. Seasonal improvement in Model S/X sales...
5. Higher productivity - otherwise the payroll reduction in Q1 was ineffective.

Having said that - we don't know gross margins on all three vehicles in Q1 and we don't know the SG&A and R&D amounts for Q1
so we are blind as to how Q1 really turned out...

Profitable for all quarters going forward.

So what’s the Q1 force majeure that made Tesla miss that guidance? Also do you think Q2 is going to profitable? So far, I am not seeing a lot of encouraging signs.

Think you forgot about the qualifiers that included “quarters where large debt repayments occur”.

Nice selective memory:cool:

You can do better than that.

Fire Away!

Not good for the mission, but....

Been laughing for the last 50k miles.

Remember this?
903B848B-B43A-40BF-89C4-6F3DF802E254.jpeg

Audi no-have...;)

Profitable for all quarters going forward.

So what’s the Q1 force majeure that made Tesla miss that guidance? Also do you think Q2 is going to profitable? So far, I am not seeing a lot of encouraging signs.

This is what he said. Notice the doubt about Q1.

So, we're working every aspect of that logistics chain. And I think we've -- I think it's going to be good. I would say at this point, I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1. Not by a lot, but I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1 and for all quarters going forward.

Let’s get this straight: So you’re saying that after he made enough money to live the rest of his years in luxury off PayPal, he poured every last dime of that money(to the point of having to crash on friends couches) into starting company that makes rockets and a company that makes a type of car that had zero emissions but had already been seemingly proven to be doomed by low performance and exorbitant cost... purely to enrich himself?

That would seem to be the stupidest possible get-rich-quick scheme in the history of the world.

Sure, but we shouldn't fight conspiracy with more conspiracy lol

Agree that 9 out of 10 conspiracies are false, but some of the very largest that have been true include the fossil fuel industry fighting leaded gasoline and the tobacco industry, whom many of the same players are now employed by the fossil fuel industry.

That’s fine, I’m not arguing about whether people would want mobile service or not. Obviously they do and there are benefits it’s great and convenient.

Just some people are on here saying being close to a service center doesn’t matter to anyone because I have a Tesla and I don’t live near a service center.

To the majority of Americans it will matter, will it break a sale? Maybe or maybe not that’s up to the individual but people are not going to want to drive 300 miles to go to a service center. Broadcasting the message that EV’s require less maintenance is great, but if you don’t advertise how are people that don’t have contact with Tesla going to know this? Tesla has a hard enough time as it is broadcasting most messages.

Take Michigan for example, I guarantee the market size in that state is smaller because there is no service center in that state (not Tesla’s fault)

The point is having service centers at the very least in the state people live in will be a benefit to the sale of Model 3’s and Y’s in the US. Same principle applies abroad.

I live in Michigan and I would agree that Tesla’s presence is smaller partly due to lack of service centers. And that’s mostly because they don’t understand how mobile service works. When I tell them about it, they are quite surprised. I know of 5 that I have talked to in this past year that plan on buying a Tesla within the next year.

Like honking but next level, only used when the car has the right of way but people won't let it through. Another option would be water spraying forward after a countdown and noise warning. There must be some creative effective ways through the issue. No one has spent much time on it because there hasn't been a compelling need to. Eventually, people would be trained to let cars through to avoid the unpleasantness they would face otherwise. That just can't be the reason FSD would fail.

How about hurling insults at pedestrians?

Get out of the way you stupid fat cow!

In French? À l'écart, espèce de grosse vache stupide!