Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just incase in the 12 pages I did not read has not mentioned:

DUDES.
two of you gave this a thumbs up?
It is a cyber cruiser from hess. Do you have any 4-8 yr old offspring?
or just to get it because it is the acceptance of the past (Hess GASOLINE Stations) of the future in the present. This is a turning point. This is BULLISH af.

The TRADITIONAL Annual Hess Christmas Tradition Toy Vehicle is a CYBER vehicle. This should be setting of alarms to anyone in transportation, or The TSLA stock arena.

View attachment 990389

So if Tesla has 15-18% of SuC business, it will be in top three. So lots of room for tesla to sell hardware and service contracts to others.
Also if you just buy the Suc, but no backing infrastructure like Megapacks etc you might not be able to compete with rates Tesla offers ... so better get the whole Tesla enchilada .. ;)

Today Tesla has 2,045 locations in the US. 27 new locations just in the month of November so the Supercharger ramp is signifcant.
supercharge.info

Tesla Supercharger Locations in the US.png

The above comparisons of fueling stations vs EV sites are nigh meaningless. The oil majors own 5% of retail gas stations - that’s it. 60% are single-owner sites; the remainder are independent companies ranging from the small entrepreneur who owns 2 or 3, to Buccee’s, Love etc. with many.
Many of those - but by no means all - have a franchise relationship with a flagship name, but none of those are at all akin to, say, a McDonalds, wherein the franchisee purchases all its product from HQ.
How and even why a Shell, for example, is telling or can tell these independents what to or not to do wrt charging stations is what matters, and I have learned nothing about such arcana.

Data source: API.org

DUDES.
two of you gave this a thumbs up?
It is a cyber cruiser from hess. Do you have any 4-8 yr old offspring?
or just to get it because it is the acceptance of the past (Hess GASOLINE Stations) of the future in the present. This is a turning point. This is BULLISH af.

The TRADITIONAL Annual Hess Christmas Tradition Toy Vehicle is a CYBER vehicle. This should be setting of alarms to anyone in transportation, or The TSLA stock arena.
It think you're joking, but just in case you aren't...It's not a Cybertruck. It's not even a hint to a Cybertruck or Tesla.

3a. To what extent (and how) will these Tesla-produced, 3rd-party-branded Superchargers be integrated into the navigation and trip planning in Tesla cars?
That has already been answered in the BP press release: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corpor...ollar-order-of-tesla-ultra-fast-chargers.html

As is Tesla's current policy, third-party operated ultra-fast chargers meeting Tesla's reliability and functionality requirements are featured in Tesla's vehicle UI and apps, and bp pulse expects to uphold those requirements on its network.

Qualified Charging Station Requirements

For a charging station to be included in Tesla’s navigation system, it must meet these conditions over a 60-day period:

1. At least one compatible charging connector
  2. Frequently used by Tesla drivers at least once every four days
  3. Average charge success rate is 90% or higher
To detect inoperable chargers quickly and provide the best experience for our customers, stations will be removed from Tesla’s navigation system if any of the following conditions are met over a 14-day period:

1. No charge sessions detected
  2. Average charge success rate falls below 70%

Though it only mentions it being in Europe and Israel right now.

The above comparisons of fueling stations vs EV sites are nigh meaningless. The oil majors own 5% of retail gas stations - that’s it. 60% are single-owner sites; the remainder are independent companies ranging from the small entrepreneur who owns 2 or 3, to Buccee’s, Love etc. with many.
Many of those - but by no means all - have a franchise relationship with a flagship name, but none of those are at all akin to, say, a McDonalds, wherein the franchisee purchases all its product from HQ.
How and even why a Shell, for example, is telling or can tell these independents what to or not to do wrt charging stations is what matters, and I have learned nothing about such arcana.

Data source: API.org
Agree, but what is significant is the continued rapid expansion of Tesla's supercharger locations. They are a key demand driver.

3a. To what extent (and how) will these Tesla-produced, 3rd-party-branded Superchargers be integrated into the navigation and trip planning in Tesla cars?
More generally, around all the talk about the NACS "standard", there are a bunch of permutations I'm having a hard time getting my head around what will work (and I have a 2018 Tesla and a 2023 Chevy Bolt).

For example, these are the ones relevant to Tesla charging (I probs got most of these wrong, but it'll hopefully prompt somebody more knowledgeable than I to set it out in a data-centric manner vs. piecemeal!):

1699894908701.png

And you could probably add another dimension to this chart which is "Who can charge at a a) Tesla Supercharger, or b) a 3rd-party Supercharger without the use of an app?"

• Helpful
Reactions: unk45
That has already been answered in the BP press release: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corpor...ollar-order-of-tesla-ultra-fast-chargers.html

Though it only mentions it being in Europe and Israel right now.
Even though the BP answer was in the until press release we still do not know how the other deals might be structured. Other things remaining equal, of course, the sites might well be maintained by, serviced by, and energy supplied by Tesla. About that we really do not know. My personal view is that Tesla will insist on retaining servicing on installations that are labeled with the Tesla name. If not so labeled we do not yet even have clues, from all I've read. Hopefully someone here has definitive information about that.

Reactions: insaneoctane
My personal view is that Tesla will insist on retaining servicing on installations that are labeled with the Tesla name. If not so labeled we do not yet even have clues, from all I've read. Hopefully someone here has definitive information about that.
I'm pretty sure they are just buying the hardware, which is what the releases have said.

Today bp (NYSE: bp) announced a deal in which bp pulse, bp’s EV charging business, will acquire ultra-fast charging hardware units from Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) for $100 million.

The BP pictures don't show the Tesla name anywhere, just being "bp pulse" branded.

About FSD V12:

Two weeks, he says, with a smirk on his face
The fans go wild, they can’t wait for the chase
They dream of a car that can drive on its own

No need for a driver, just a smartphone

But every time, they are met with dismay
The FSD is not as good as they say
It still needs attention, it still makes mistakes
It’s not superhuman, it still needs some breaks

They are like Pavlov’s dogs, salivating at the bell
They think they will get food, but they get nothing else
They are conditioned to react, to the promise of a treat
But they are always disappointed, by the reality they meet

Downvote me all you want, but I keep my expectations low. New redesign, new bugs, new behaviour, .... :eek::oops:

I'm more interested in how fast the rate of improvement will be when new training data of the fleet will be flooding in.
How good the performance increase will be from FSD v12.1 vs FSD v12 by merely training on more and more clips.

FSD v11.xx has hit a plateau in performance. Let's hope that v12 dramatically lifts this ceiling.
Why do I hear Mohammed Ali reading this "poem" in my head?

(Great job by the way)

From memory, in Europe, any decent DC charger can be added to Tesla navigation as long as reliable, other requirements. Unreliable ones get removed.

Edit: Tesla decide which ones to add/remove. I seem to remember that recent successful use by teslas and low fail rates are key metrics, but Tesla could use 3rd party services or notice if people consistently skip ones.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Drumheller and GOVA
The 44% of selling tagged to shorts on Friday suggests to me that the MMs and hedgies really didn't want their fingerprints on the solid capping effort and so they borrowed from non-FINRA exchanges when needed. The hefty 4.8M shares traded at 4pm is more telling.

Indeed, and let's not forget the straight-out criminal practice of marking short sales as long. It's an offense which takes the $EC 7 yrs to prosecute (if ever), and then the token fines they issue are no deterent whatsoever:

HSBC, BNP Paribas may face criminal charges over short selling | Korea Joon Gang Daily (Oct 18, 2023)​

Hmm, HSBC again...