Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hearing they had a Cybertruck on display at our local Charlotte Showroom, I felt the need to perform due diligence as a Tesla owner and investor, and checked it out ;).

This is off the beaten path so zero street traffic, but there were about 2-3 dozen people there with a steady stream in and out all morning. Everyone seemed excited!

Overall impression -this is one tight vehicle. Maybe we shouldn't judge by panel gaps but this thing reflects the micron precision Elon was talking about. Dense and muscular. Packed tight. Will be very interesting what the rollout does to Tesla awareness in general. I think it will be big. Bullish!

Oh, and Optimus was there too.

Some 4K photos I took...

View attachment 993002View attachment 993003View attachment 993004View attachment 993005View attachment 993006View attachment 993007
Nice. Really nice.

Based on reported CT vins they are at mid 1000s now. Looks like Tesla has the production down well as there is no variance in latest sightings.

A year from now, it will look very different as there will be plenty of CTs.

All of this puts most traditionally defined 'less developed countries' squarely in the TSLA potential markets.
More the reason I believe it is in the best interest of India and Tesla, for them to put their resources and energies to build a battery plant (for Powerwall) and Solar panel manufacturing than a car factory.

If I were the Indian govt, I would remove all import duties for Tesla cars, in return for Tesla to setup a massive battery factory. Domestic market for a well "cost optimized" power walls will be huge, and whatever remains can be exported. But that requires foresight.. which most governments lack.

Besides doubling sales so far in Europe market share is up considerably too, +69%, vaguely familiar number 🤔

IMG_6664.jpeg

More the reason I believe it is in the best interest of India and Tesla, for them to put their resources and energies to build a battery plant (for Powerwall) and Solar panel manufacturing than a car factory.

If I were the Indian govt, I would remove all import duties for Tesla cars, in return for Tesla to setup a massive battery factory. Domestic market for a well "cost optimized" power walls will be huge, and whatever remains can be exported. But that requires foresight.. which most governments lack.
I am less pessimistic, hopefully justifiably so. First, electric tuk-tuk are a gigantic success:
Absolutely that is only a humble beginning:
powergis.jsp
However, the investments from Tesla and others from Europe, mostly, may have an excellent chance to help build a better future. After all India is experiencing the similar climate disasters that other countries are experiencing.

This I think there is hope. Nobody sane would think success will be easy or even assured. For now hope is the best we can do.

Strongly doubt they would build two body variants.

Strongly hoping that not-too-long later, they release a CyberSUV or CyberVan variant, with three (or more) rows of seats to hold more than 5 total passengers. Keep the same length, wheelbase, suspension, etc. so they can use the same battery pack and the big (lower) front and rear castings. In the rear, it looks like the Cybertruck has smaller castings up in the "sail pillar" area, so just use different parts there along with removing the non-midgate and adding whatever structure is needed for more/flatter roof...and poof, the high-passenger body style. I know I'm over-simplifying a bit...

But it really seems like a no-brainer once you've got a unibody-ish truck platform to also make the SUV version. Rivian did it, and even the otherwise questionable EV Hummer has a truck and SUV version. At least at my crude understanding level, I think even the body-on-frame Chevy/GM trucks and the Tahoe and Suburban SUV's are basically the same platform and share many parts. I really hope Tesla planned for this sort of low-ish hanging fruit too.

I still remember the factory tour when getting to 60 Model S a day was a great one in early 2013. After reading/experiencing about:

1. Starship Launch 2
2. Falcon 9 reusability
3. global internet via starlink
4. 2.3M EVs production target in 2024
5. BCI human trials started via neuralink
6. Las Vegas transportation is all tunnels and robotaxis in a few years

Elon and team(s) sure have done a lot in a decade. What's going to happen by 2033? Wow.

Hearing they had a Cybertruck on display at our local Charlotte Showroom, I felt the need to perform due diligence as a Tesla owner and investor, and checked it out ;).

This is off the beaten path so zero street traffic, but there were about 2-3 dozen people there with a steady stream in and out all morning. Everyone seemed excited!

Overall impression -this is one tight vehicle. Maybe we shouldn't judge by panel gaps but this thing reflects the micron precision Elon was talking about. Dense and muscular. Packed tight. Will be very interesting what the rollout does to Tesla awareness in general. I think it will be big. Bullish!

Oh, and Optimus was there too.

Some 4K photos I took...

View attachment 993002View attachment 993003View attachment 993004View attachment 993005View attachment 993006View attachment 993007
Very nice! Must be insanely hard to hold those tolerances. Hopeful they are consistently this nice.
Oh, hey don't turn on the Air Conditioner. The drip could go right into an AC outlet, lol.

1700685954549.png