Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disagree. Most Uber/Lyft cars are subpar and uncomfortable. Drivers often questionable.
WRONG. Might even be able to charge more. Just show up at first in the car to a friend and show them that you are not touching the steering wheel. The news will spread like WILDFIRE. You will get children, single women that deem it to dangerous to get in a car and trust a stranger etc. Tesla owners are already thinking of buying another car just as an investment BEFORE the autopilot explosion in demand AND PRICE.

• Love
Reactions: Jovian and mekberg
this does not make sense to me. If they really can run robotaxi, why sell those cars? Don't tell me about sharing the profit with consumers, those cars will be gobble up by big investors with deep pockets, ordinary Joes won't be able to buy them.

The mission = changing the WORLD to sustainable transport. Can’t do that if you don’t sell to everyone.

The market cap of Tesla right now is around 50 Billion. The market cap of Uber is 100 BILLION. Uber is going to have an IPO VERY SOON. Tesla at around $1000 a share would have a market cap of between 150 and 200 BILLION. IMO Uber is worthless and Tesla should be close to $1,000 a share now.

I'll believe a $100 billion market cap for Uber when I see it. Lyft IPO'd less than a month ago with a market cap of $21 billion and went to $25 billion on the first day of trading. Now it's $17 billion. Let's see what it is after its first earnings report on May 7th.

If Uber can get a firm commitment for $100 billion from its underwriters, good for them. But the upside potential vs downside risk for a company that loses money on every transaction doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Wouldn't vehicle autonomy be as desirable or even more so than, say, oral sex for many?

So and speaking of democracy, it's going to be a real challenge for governators to deny to consumers/constituents.

BTW, market insistence is one of the forces I hinted at some time ago as to why regulatory approval will come (much) sooner rather than later (assuming Tesla has the actuarial data which it will undoubtedly).
Have you noticed what governments can enforce or prohibit just by throwing around "national security", "patriotism", "anti-terrorism", "public health", "collusion", etc, etc?
If one of the superpowers decides to pull the plug on crypto currencies, that'd be it. Refined sugar (that beats anything for being desirable), anything. It just depends on what the stakes are for those who sponsor the politicians or promise them nice jobs after "serving".

No volume right now. Lot's of stuff today. Lot's of people are thinking really hard. Tomorrow should be an explosion. "YA RIGHT BOB You have been saying this for 5 years now" Sorry I was talking to myself there. Either I am CRAZY or the stupidity of Tesla shorts is fast approaching that of Trumpanzees. I said four years ago this stock would hit $1000 a share by 2020. I still am quite sure of that.
Would anyone like me to define a Trum
I agree that Uber is poop. But Uber has proven ride sharing revenue, Tesla doesn't. That's why it isn't being factored into SP right now
HAHAHAH UBER LOST FOUR BILLION last year. Tesla is profitable and has proven income. Do you like Trump to? Just kidding!!! Lyft is also nowhere near being profitable.

Reactions: neroden and Skryll
Overall, I liked the presentation.

The only thing I wish Elon expanded on more was how EVs, because of longer life, lower maintenance costs, and lower 'fuel' costs, are key to a cheap robotaxi fleet and ICE robotaxi fleets just cannot compete.

He did say that. He said a robotic fleet of EVs will always be able to outcompete a fleet of ICE cars due to fuel costs.

My understanding is that they run the same NN on all the cameras.
To retrofit AP1 would require installing new wire harnesses, new mounting for HW3, cutting holes for B camera and front repeater, and likely the other changes for redundancy.

They do, and they train that network on those cameras. But anything that doesn’t mount that type of camera in one of those specific mount points isn’t going to work.

He did say that. He said a robotic fleet of EVs will always be able to outcompete a fleet of ICE cars due to fuel costs.

I know he did, I just wish he expanded on it more for those who don't already know that ICE robotaxis are uncompetitive from the start.

And it's more than fuel costs.... If your car lasts 2-4 times as long that's even bigger than fuel costs.

Overall, I liked the presentation.

The only thing I wish Elon expanded on more was how EVs, because of longer life, lower maintenance costs, and lower 'fuel' costs, are key to a cheap robotaxi fleet and ICE robotaxi fleets just cannot compete.
Which actual car company investor still needs that party line? We are past that.

The risk is then when someone stick Level 5 on a car half the price while taking less of a cut on rides, to be sold in any way or form.

Would anyone like me to define a Trum

HAHAHAH UBER LOST FOUR BILLION last year. Tesla is profitable and has proven income. Do you like Trump to? Just kidding!!! Lyft is also nowhere near being profitable.
We’re talking ride sharing valuation. Tesla does not generate any revenue from ride sharing. The market is in a “show me” mode with Tesla, they do not believe any forward looking statements until they come to fruition. Therefore, Uber has a $100b ridesharing valuation and Tesla has $0. I don’t agree with that, but that is what the market is saying