Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the risk of injecting some realism, all the brilliance of tesla's amazing data collection and analytics teams probably seems ridiculous to leacy auot because they would solve this complex issue by...
Just installing a simple, cheap easily availble rain sensor like the original model S had, and which worked perfectly, all the time.

Average car buyers dont care how clever Teslas software is, or how in-depth the 'service manual' is (arent we supposed to brag about LESS service?). What they care about is if the wipers work automatically.
Which in almost any car over $50k other than a Tesla, they do.

Tesla need to fix auto-wipers as a priority, ditto with auto-park. They are rapidly becoming a company that talks a great game about an FSD/bot future but cannot make a car with the same features as models half the price.
Has your passenger every requested a courtesy wipe?
Have you ever had a dead bug in your view?
Rain sensor didn't help there.
The cameras need to know they are occluded and have a way to clean the windshield.
Adding a rain sensor would increase the number of wiper activations which may make some people happier in some situations, but it does not address the base needs of FSD.

Max Pain data finally downloaded to my PC. The Mark is still 215 for the week but call volume seems spread out. The board is covered so to speak. (Edit, could be Calls closing as well, IDK.) Feels like my guess is as good as anyone's. 🤷‍♂️

Wishing everyone another exciting ER, and keep yer stick on the ice!

1706126411409.png

Max Pain data finally downloaded to my PC. The Mark is still 215 for the week but call volume seems spread out. The board is covered so to speak. (Edit, could be Calls closing as well, IDK.) Feels like my guess is as good as anyone's. 🤷‍♂️

Wishing everyone another exciting ER, and keep yer stick on the ice!

View attachment 1011851
Open interest as of 7 this morning, peak is 225.
SmartSelect_20240124_150634_Firefox.jpg