Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but unlike the Japanese, Chinese are known to cut corners and things explode. Byd is pretty well know for fires in China.
Tesla moves fast, some some would say cut corners, but they also go through a rigorous test and make sure there are no isses. So one should expect the same rigor of testing applied to BYD.
Almost all of Tesla China is sourced locally ....

Jittery nerves with the troops today... ;)

View attachment 1011812

Cheers to the Longs!
My expectations are low. Even if Tesla came out with the cure to every disease, wealth for everyone, a robot in every home tomorrow, and $ 1,000 earnings per share from Q4, Wall Street would still be all, "nah, F U, we have options to milk"

My expectations are low. Even if Tesla came out with the cure to every disease, wealth for everyone, a robot in every home tomorrow, and $ 1,000 earnings per share from Q4, Wall Street would still be all, "nah, F U, we have options to milk"
What will be the value of money when Optimus is in the billions and everyone gets the dole $$ for free ? :)

I have a quasi infinite number of tissue boxes ready for tonight

Hoping for a big win, Netflix style AH gains. Will most likely dump though….Wall street is a bunch of clowns.

I hope management and the board can see what’s happening to the stock price & tell Elon to either be positive or silent on certain issues. And the new Master of Coin….he best bring his “A Game” instead of the wet towel approach from his first ER. :)

I want to hear exactly how great Tesla performs, and will perform, not about confict in Middle East. For a EoY ER hope they set some sort of guidance for the year and possibly next few years… whether it’s deliveries or projects…..just let us know what is happening and put a cork in MSMs yapping mouth. Or just continue to shroud in mystery…. either way has the same outcome for everyone (except share holders) and on a big picture scale that’s what matters.

imo if Tesla does its normal and vague ER combined with both Elon being pessimistic and dark & no major news or update, TSLA 180 en route. Who knows, just my interpretation of how things have gone in the past. Hopefully they release 10-Q + invites go out for elons talk in close succession.

Good luck, looking forward to bingo.

Haha, what you forget is that TSLA short sellers WANT the SP to go up, just so they can short it back down. This trading channel, embodied in the Bollinger bands, is their highest conviction.

Large hedge funds know how retail is positioned. They swing the other direction quicker than most retail investors can react. That's why buy'n'hold is a fool-proof strategy if you can bare not looking at the day-to-day wiggles.

Wanna know the ironic part? If shortzed did actually push the SP down to a multi-year bottom, most retail investors (especially the ones on the sidelines lamenting not getting in at the June 2019 bottom) won't have the courage to buy a single share... Fun, right? ;)

Cheers!

Yes, but unlike the Japanese, Chinese are known to cut corners and things explode. Byd is pretty well know for fires in China.
If BYD were to be 'well known' for that there would be more in a quick internet search than there have been. If you know that si true then please provide evidence.

Blandly asserting that "Chinese are known to cut corners" seems rather a trifle prejudicial. Even so, the huge proliferation on non-licenced sub-auto-pemitted micro BEVs were abysmal, exacerbated because most of the drivers did not even have driving permits. Further with sub-US$10,000 prices poor outcomes were guaranteed. Those disasters did eventually spawn a crackdown and many thousands of those ended out discarded.

Those tiny junk cars did and continue to give a bad impression. That allows FUD to be spread against Tesla, BYD and others whose products are of fr higher standard in all respects.

We, here, should know better than that.

I have a quasi infinite number of tissue boxes ready for tonight

Hoping for a big win, Netflix style AH gains. Will most likely dump though….Wall street is a bunch of clowns.

I hope management and the board can see what’s happening to the stock price & tell Elon to either be positive or silent on certain issues. And the new Master of Coin….he best bring his “A Game” instead of the wet towel approach from his first ER. :)

I want to hear exactly how great Tesla performs, and will perform, not about confict in Middle East. For a EoY ER hope they set some sort of guidance for the year and possibly next few years… whether it’s deliveries or projects…..just let us know what is happening and put a cork in MSMs yapping mouth. Or just continue to shroud in mystery…. either way has the same outcome for everyone (except share holders) and on a big picture scale that’s what matters.

imo if Tesla does its normal and vague ER combined with both Elon being pessimistic and dark & no major news or update, TSLA 180 en route. Who knows, just my interpretation of how things have gone in the past. Hopefully they release 10-Q + invites go out for elons talk in close succession.

Good luck, looking forward to bingo.
The leader is uncontrollable so it’s 50/50 how he behaves. More importantly hopefully we will get concrete information on the status of the 4680s etc

If BYD were to be 'well known' for that there would be more in a quick internet search than there have been. If you know that si true then please provide evidence.

Google "BYD to replace pouch cells due to fire risk" which leads directly to this week-old article:

Excerpt from the roto-REUTERS article:

But BYD and some industry experts believe that pouch-type batteries, where the cells are wrapped in a thin metal bag made of aluminum laminated films, have a higher chance of leaking electrolytes, said the three sources. In extreme cases, leaking electrolytes could cause the battery to burn or explode, they said.

• Funny
Reactions: unk45 and SOULPEDL
Doesn't Elon need to be CEO or Chairman until his options vest?

They've mostly already vested though?

2018 award details on vesting said:
Vesting

Each of the 12 tranches vests only when both a Market Capitalization Milestone and an Operational Milestone are certified by the Board as having been met.

Any one of the 16 Operational Milestones can be matched with any one of the 12 Market Capitalization Milestones, but any single Operational Milestone may only satisfy the vesting requirement for one tranche.

A Market Capitalization Milestone and an Operational Milestone that are matched together can be achieved at different points in time and vesting will occur at the later of the achievement certification dates for such Market Capitalization Milestone and Operational Milestone. Subject to any applicable clawback provisions, policies or other forfeiture terms, once a milestone is achieved, it is forever deemed achieved for determining the vesting of a tranche.

Once vested per the milestones he no longer needs to be chairman or CEO to retain rights to exercise the vested options.

Even if he left Tesla entirely he gets 1 year to exercise after that.

Note he also must HOLD the shares (minus any sold for taxes) for 5 years after exercising.... which is another potential reason he might NOT want to get the tax $ elsewhere... if he does he's trading something LIQUID RIGHT NOW for shares he's locked into for 5 years minimum.

In case anybody doubted the extent to which these cars are fully instrumented digital networked platforms capable of capturing copious amounts of metrics data on a very granular level:
...we have user intervention (whenever you changed the wiper setting from AUTO to anything else or single tap wipe) metrics per region and deployed QAs to those regions for the new build, actively sourcing high gradient data.

I suspect traditional auto manufacturers still don't realize what a goldmine this is.

In case anybody doubted the extent to which these cars are fully instrumented digital networked platforms capable of capturing copious amounts of metrics data on a very granular level:

I suspect traditional auto manufacturers still don't realize what a goldmine this is.
Can anybody explain the part of that tweet that said: "At the same time we are revamping our service manual for better maintenance (e.g.: correct cleaning method to reduce b-side residue)."

The things I'm uncertain about:
- I assume the service manual is different from the owners manual, so this is likely instructions for the service center?
- Does "b-side" refer to the camera lenses? the inside of the windshield? The outside of the windshield (I would assume that's the A surface)?
- Does this seem like "regular maintenance" or a "do it when something gets replaced" thing? At least for the front-facing cameras, I would have assumed that the cameras are well sealed inside their little box against the windshield...so I would think that the only way for residue to be in there is if the windshield wasn't prepped when first installed (or when a replacement windshield gets installed)....

It would be nice to see a cleverly designed plan for the Technoking that had the same lofty reward ratio as the stock option one, but instead paid a salary that increased at similar astronomical rates as before, still based upon achieving performance goals.

Elon would then have cash to buy shares regularly, and maybe apply some as billions in pocket change held in easy to liquidate investments (not TSLA) should he need funds for a project.

If he didn't have enough projects on which to spend all of it, and chose to use any excess to buy TSLA in a consistent manner, month after month, would that be okay for everyone?

Better yet, also create a shareHODLer dividend poised to support the supporters, which increases based upon Elon's performance. :cool:
Okay, that last bit was only me being silly. /S

I just listen to Meet Kevin from yesterday... It's all about this.
My 2.5 M is hopeful as several Factories need to grow, but I think this group has it right at 2.3 M (although it would put a bit of shade on Tesla growth).

With a mere 2.1 M forecast... they had better have a rabbit or a bird in the other hand, else I made some wasted moves this week.

Here's where we stand today, I'll leave open for a bit longer to vote or change it.

1706124110044.png