Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some posters here take "fanbois" to an entirely new level.
🙄
You must have missed the facts stated, or you're just blinded by the Telsa light.
🙄
1. He had already secured the loan and paid for the car, sight unseen (as the norm for Tesla). Sure, he should just remained home until someone from Tesla responded to his THREE messages while leaving the car there to rot while making payments on his $55k loan. (What planet are you on?)
🙄
2. Yes, most customers should go hungry while they wait to hear back "from the manager" on why the WRONG CAR was delivered by Tesla. Who needs food after all?
🙄
3. I don't care about where the screw up occurred, or why Tesla is keeping his $1,500 (while also lying about his refund and inventing reasons that he should have known the wrong car was being delivered). What I care about is what Tesla is doing to fix this, and how it happened in the first place so that it NEVER happens again. Screw ups happen--the truth and honor of firm lies in how it responds to those errors.
🙄
BY ANY MEASURE, Tesla's non-replies and flat out lies to this repeat Tesla buyer are a pathetic insult. I suspect this 3-part videos series is going to get six- or seven-figure view count, and a LOT MORE when/if the mainstream media picks it up and it goes viral--that's the absolute WRONG kind of publicity.
🙄
Please stop making absurd excuses for Tesla's inexcusable behavior.
🙄
This is just another reason our stock has languished for years now--no one is minding the damn store (the friggin' DETAILS) at Tesla and it's time for us, the shareholders/owners, to start making it known that the indicators/problems are becoming a bit too obvious. It's as if the local used car dealer schmucks have taken over at Tesla--how is beyond me, but here we are.
🙄
Here's how to reach the Tesla Board of Directors:

I'll be writing them and including the link to the YT video; I expect other shareholders that have watched these videos will do the same . . . .
I’m sure the guy will appreciate your help since he couldn’t help himself. I look forward to the SP exploding back to the ATH once this guy gets his $1500 back.

Just letting folks know that I picked up my Cybertruck today in Marina Del Rey, CA. I can not find a single fault with this truck. I have owned several full size trucks in my day. This truck is great that it has a full size 6' bed yet overall, it is more compact than any 1/2 legacy truck. Whereas all my previous trucks wandered all over the road and required constant and exhausting steering correction, the Cybertruck drives like a dream.

The fingerprints are really not that big a deal. Windex and a microfiber cloth takes them right off. I was also pleased to see that driving as I normally would, my 100 miles energy use is 330 wh/mile. Basically 3 miles on a kWh. 3 x 123 is actually 369 miles which is higher than rated. I am a really good hyper-miler but at least this balances those people who drive like mad and then complain about 250 miles range.

I would say the youtube videos that claim the Cybertruck is a nightmare and failure are pure FUD. This truck is going to sell word-of-mouth like frickin' crazy!! Better yet, anyone who rides in one is gonna have to have one!View attachment 1013459

Excellent review. Thank you.

BY ANY MEASURE, Tesla's non-replies and flat out lies to this repeat Tesla buyer are a pathetic insult. Please stop making absurd excuses for Tesla's inexcusable behavior.
Agreed. The problems started with Tesla, essentially advertising a car that did not exist. The CPO listing was garbage and should have been deleted. (Surprised they don't have software that prevents this aort of confusion)

It does not help yer man that he wasn't sharp enough to notice the mistake by Tesla, and went ahead with the whole thing, getting a $55,000 loan set up and driving a whole day through pretty damn hazardous conditions (and he did it in his 270,000-mile 11yr- old Tesla, which he knew had bad suspension and worn tires - so he likes risks). Asking for supercharger credits is pretty dumb while publishing nasty youtubes.

However the blame lies with some specific staff at Tesla, who should probably be removed. I look forward to seeing the happy resolution of this.

Just letting folks know that I picked up my Cybertruck today in Marina Del Rey, CA. I can not find a single fault with this truck. I have owned several full size trucks in my day. This truck is great that it has a full size 6' bed yet overall, it is more compact than any 1/2 legacy truck. Whereas all my previous trucks wandered all over the road and required constant and exhausting steering correction, the Cybertruck drives like a dream.

The fingerprints are really not that big a deal. Windex and a microfiber cloth takes them right off. I was also pleased to see that driving as I normally would, my 100 miles energy use is 330 wh/mile. Basically 3 miles on a kWh. 3 x 123 is actually 369 miles which is higher than rated. I am a really good hyper-miler but at least this balances those people who drive like mad and then complain about 250 miles range.

I would say the youtube videos that claim the Cybertruck is a nightmare and failure are pure FUD. This truck is going to sell word-of-mouth like frickin' crazy!! Better yet, anyone who rides in one is gonna have to have one!View attachment 1013459

As someone who has never owned a pickup truck and is definitely not a truck person I prefer reviews from people who have experience owning legacy ICE trucks and use them to do trucky things. Please keep the reviews coming.

Congrats, and nice to see more efficiency reports

And all is tracking nicely with the EPA coefficients + Tesla efficiency on other subsystems

Up to round 40 mph, it’s the most efficient EV truck, from there it’s in line with others, and this is with A/T tires

Glasses?

No no, you need to pull out your Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass to see that HUGE bump down there at the end of the trend that is not Lucid's friend.

Motley Fool issued a 'buy alert' for Lucid before market opened today. Their single point was that $15K invested today would make you a millionare (if they go up as much as Tesla is right now).

... in other news, Many Fools say we could have bacon'n'eggs, if we had bacon. And eggs. /s

Agreed. The problems started with Tesla, essentially advertising a car that did not exist. The CPO listing was garbage and should have been deleted. (Surprised they don't have software that prevents this aort of confusion)

It does not help yer man that he wasn't sharp enough to notice the mistake by Tesla, and went ahead with the whole thing, getting a $55,000 loan set up and driving a whole day through pretty damn hazardous conditions (and he did it in his 270,000-mile 11yr- old Tesla, which he knew had bad suspension and worn tires - so he likes risks). Asking for supercharger credits is pretty dumb while publishing nasty youtubes.

However the blame lies with some specific staff at Tesla, who should probably be removed. I look forward to seeing the happy resolution of this.
I don’t disagree. Let it be noted I didn’t make absurd excuses for Tesla’s inexcusable behavior as suggested by @TSLA Pilot .

Factually, somebody who works for Tesla made an input error.
Factually, the YTber was told BEFORE his pick up date that the car information could not be correct.
Factually, the YTber decided to go to the store without having spoken to a Tesla rep to get information sorted about the car in question.
Factually, the YTber then paid additional fees, one which he claimed he didn’t know what it was for, all BEFORE inspecting the car he’d been told was incorrectly listed.
Factually, the Tesla employees on duty that particular day didn’t know how nor had the authority to make the situation right.
Factually, there are follow up texts that the YTber claims are in contradiction to previous conversations he had with that same employee.
Factually, you, @TSLA Pilot and me (and likely others) have given the YTber the benefit of the doubt that his truth of events is THE truth and that Tesla employee Travis tried to at the very least obfuscate and quite likely outright lied.

Happens all the time. At all companies. Mistakes happen. Employees lack knowledge or authority to fix issues. Employees that have made mistakes often try to cover their butts for fear they’ll lose their jobs. The outrage level for this YTber is over the top.

The big move that was coming...predicted by the converging moving averages...yeah, I can tell you the direction now.

Down
I am only joking! Believe it or not, the double digit percentage drop was not big. The 50DMA (blue) still sits in between the 100DMA (purple) and the 200DMA(orange). The moving averages continue to converge on all timeframes. Daily timeframe shown below. The RSI is now incredibly oversold on the daily and weekly (not shown). If I was a betting man (and I am) the move that's coming quite soon would be...UP. Yeah, yeah, I know. Technical analysis is like reading tea leaves they say. To each their own.
Screenshot_20240129_232336_Chrome.jpg

As someone who has never owned a pickup truck and is definitely not a truck person I prefer reviews from people who have experience owning legacy ICE trucks and use them to do trucky things. Please keep the reviews coming.

Speaking of reviews, there are a bunch of guys on YouTube who exclusively review pickup trucks and none of them have gotten their hands on a cybertruck.
Tesla does not seem particularly keen on getting a truck into their hands. Maybe they feel they won’t get a fair shake.

Not sure where the reply to this went, but in that story I found this inflation chart since 2000.

Assuming this is accurate, any young couple (with a new home and kids) is in economic shock. This is where the hospital trip can knock them out of house and home. OTOH, if you're house is paid off, kids are on their way, and you're healthy... no change really. So it's quite different depending on each situation.

Seniors Adults hooked on meds are gonna (try to) vote accordingly - not that medical expenses will ever change. 63% of all adults in the USA use prescription drugs. (I prefer non-prescription personally, at least I know what I'm getting! 🤣)

View attachment 1013202

Warning, Off topic, but I think interesting for many.
TV’s are at the bottom of that interesting inflation graph, but there is a huge catch!

What a lot of people do not know, is that the current smart TV’s are cheap because you pay yourself for that price reduction.
These new TV’s gather data about all your viewing habits, and that data is consequently sold by the manufacturers of the TV's.
All in the ‘small letters’ that you accept when you are so very eager to watch how your new smart TV is performing.

Just get a free subscription on NextDNS and have a look at the many websites your TV (LG, Samsung, Philips or whatever brand) is connecting to, all the time. You will be unpleasantly surprised.
The NextDNS subscription is only free for a limited amount of data, but that is in my experience sufficient if you are using it just for one TV.
Also not difficult to set up and still receive the updates for your TV.
Hope this helps a lot of people with recapturing some privacy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Lincoln Navigator 2016 concept with enormous gullwing doors and deployable stairs, which I distinctly remember hit production, made the Model X look lame, and stole Tesla's customers.

I also give you the original Chevy Volt concept, with the definitely-real transparent door segments and shaved door handles. This styling definitely wasn't replaced with a much less aggressive and normal looking sedan with regular doors sporting normal handles and some glued-on shiny black plastic...

View attachment 1013337

On the other hand, the current Dual Motor Cybertruck looks darned close to the original. It's still a jarring triangle of bullet-resistant stainless steel with a roll-up tonneau cover you can stand on. The EPA range meets the original 300+ mile prediction for the dual-motor version. More suspension travel and ground clearance have been achieved. 11,000 pounds towing is an improvement over the announced 10,000. A squircle instead of a yoke is an improvement for many. Rear screen and rear wheel steering weren't features at the reveal, and the doorhandles have been shaved if you like that style (haha, the opposite of what other manufacturers do). But, the payload is down from 3,500 pounds and there's no 6th seat (yet?). Pretty decent overall!

Sure, the price is higher...but as investors we WANT Tesla to take advantage when demand outstrips production. With time, production will come up, the price should come down, and specs should increase...

The lack of enhanced range and towing for the Tri-Motor is disappointing; it feels like a repeat of when the 500-mile "Plaid Plus" Model S was dropped. So, combined with the (presently) high prices, I understand the negative sentiment some have. But, compared to any other manufacturer's changes from concept to production (or complete lack of production), Tesla gets the most hate and the least credit...
Is "squircle" copyrighted?

Reactions: Mike Ambler
🙄

🙄

🙄

🙄

🙄

🙄

🙄

🙄

I’m sure the guy will appreciate your help since he couldn’t help himself. I look forward to the SP exploding back to the ATH once this guy gets his $1500 back.
You've missed the point.

It's not about the lousy $1,500, it's about how the heck it happened that Tesla sold a non-existent MS configuration in the first place, and how this Tesla location (and regional management team?) became worse than a Buy Here/Pay Here, rip off dealership with the ethics found at used car sales emporiums.

This sort of rot is corrosive to our Tesla brand, and it's safe to assume that if it's happening at one, it is NOT the only place . . . .

I don’t disagree. Let it be noted I didn’t make absurd excuses for Tesla’s inexcusable behavior as suggested by @TSLA Pilot .

Factually, somebody who works for Tesla made an input error.
Factually, the YTber was told BEFORE his pick up date that the car information could not be correct.
Factually, the YTber decided to go to the store without having spoken to a Tesla rep to get information sorted about the car in question.
Factually, the YTber then paid additional fees, one which he claimed he didn’t know what it was for, all BEFORE inspecting the car he’d been told was incorrectly listed.
Factually, the Tesla employees on duty that particular day didn’t know how nor had the authority to make the situation right.
Factually, there are follow up texts that the YTber claims are in contradiction to previous conversations he had with that same employee.
Factually, you, @TSLA Pilot and me (and likely others) have given the YTber the benefit of the doubt that his truth of events is THE truth and that Tesla employee Travis tried to at the very least obfuscate and quite likely outright lied.

Happens all the time. At all companies. Mistakes happen. Employees lack knowledge or authority to fix issues. Employees that have made mistakes often try to cover their butts for fear they’ll lose their jobs. The outrage level for this YTber is over the top.
It was a $55k MS posted in a configuration that could not exist, BUT the YT wasn't told this by TESLA, but suggested by one of his viewers.

YT'er writes or calls TESLA THREE TIMES; no reply, but he's already had to pay for the friggin' car!

Then he's stone walled and lied to at the delivery center . . . the outrage level is quite apropos given the level of ineptitude and incompetence and dishonesty shown.

Part 3 is going to have screen shots and it's not going to be pretty.

I wrote a damning email to the BoD to FIX THIS because we/Tesla do NOT want this story to go viral given just how much bad press we've all ready picked up for BS--this ain't BS and it's going to get A LOT of clicks if it's not fixed NOW.

Recommend you watch the first two videos to get the full picture and if you take off your Tesla Fanbois glasses you'll realize just how stupid and inept Tesla has acted in this transaction, which harms Tesla, TSLA, and the entire friggin' mission BIG TIME.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot--Tesla is getting great at it and they need to stop, NOW.