Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh Man watching Tesla economist spiral is wild. All those who held prior to 2018 know these blips are stereotypical. He is far from having the "conviction" people constantly speak about. Typing this makes me feel better about my investment and in Tesla+TSLAs future. We are however pretty down, but we all gotta hold on to the next growth wave.

Energy
FSD
Gen3

GEF, FEG, FGE, EGF, GFE, or EFG..... Either way you spell it that's where the value is. Once we get some insight and things get moving we will recover. Timeline.....certainly not 2 weeks.

Oh Man watching Tesla economist spiral is wild.

He's on tilt. The pit boss is watching now. Calling the house doctor for a health check (and a search of his baggage). /s

Why can’t that economist guy just buy his shares back here? It’s pretty low now and he can have them for long term…he can have a new fresh start! 🙂

Because emotions are his enema, and he's sitting on big loses... :p

Last edited:
LoL it's almost saying wall street fears the economy is going to be doing better than expected...sad face:(
This right here! I've never really paid much attention to the interplay between interest rates, economic data, sentiment, and stock market levels...but this nonsense of "things are going too well, so the government might step in and knock it down, so the market drops pre-emptively" is really confusing for me...

@anthonyj, @TrendTrader007 : is it time to buy calls yet : )?

P.S. Couch > a few chairs this morning...
i am 99% TSLL and less than 1% TSLA calls (dec 2025 and jan 2026 $200, 300s and $550)
every 3 months i buy more TSLA with dividends from TSLL
less than 5% margin, not buying any more calls since maxed out and waiting for inevitable turn around in TSLA
mentally prepared for another 3 years of flat to sideways stock price movement
odds are TSLA will breakout when most weak hands have given up
nobody knows when, but most likely when least expected
i am playing the long game here, eventually this will be a multi-trillion market cap
i do not want to miss it, when that happens
paper losses are a very small price to pay because eventual payout will likely be huge
not financial advice

Part way through the video, he looks up GM, Kia and Porsche non-compliance with the lettering issue that Tesla updated easily. These other manufacturers each filed a petition saying changing their non-compliant cars would be too expensive and problems with font sizes were "inconsequential".

So only Tesla complied.

Omar errored there. Neither the OEMs nor NHTSA call out cost as a justification. (As they shouldn't).
The determination is whether "the noncompliance described is inconsequential to motor vehicle safety"

This right here! I've never really paid much attention to the interplay between interest rates, economic data, sentiment, and stock market levels...but this nonsense of "things are going too well, so the government might step in and knock it down, so the market drops pre-emptively" is really confusing for me...

It's really simple to understand: Wall St. was positioned for the Economy to get worse. So now the Government and especially the Federal Reserve Bank will make that happen (or pretend its happening) until such time that Wall St. has repositioned itself.

TL;dr Wall St pulls the strings in the Gov't and OWNS the Federal Reserve Bank.

Omar errored there. Neither the OEMs nor NHTSA call out cost as a justification. (As they shouldn't).
The determination is whether "the noncompliance described is inconsequential to motor vehicle safety"

I wish there was a way to get this video (or one with your corrected note) some real visibility in the actual places where the "Massive Tesla Recall!" headlines appeared....

The misleading headlines in major publications were bad enough...but in the smaller world of blogs (cough, Jalopnik, cough), the authors and the commenters were going through a wide range of additional Tesla-hate-excuses:
  • "Tesla just tries to reinvent everything for no reason, including font sizes!"
    • Well, I guess several other manufacturers did too...and Tesla fixed theirs.
  • "The fix is clearly much more better. More legible and understandable! Tesla was so wrong!"
    • Sure, whatever, but Tesla actually fixed it, unlike the others...I guess you can continue to not be able to read the warnings in your non-Tesla car...
  • "They screwed up because they put everything on a screen in the first place!"
    • Well, that dumb screen means it was fixed...unlike the other manufacturers...
  • "Tesla idiots are going to say it's not a real recall because it's just an OTA update, but this is a real major issue!"
    • Great observation! Now explain why you don't mind the other manufacturers not fixing this "major issue" at all...do you somehow give them credit for just deciding not to do a recall and fix it?
  • "Here come the Tesla Stans" "Elon's not going to sleep with you" "Tesla worship is a cult"
    • Garr...in most places, there are one or two reasonable Tesla owners trying to point out reality, and they face this constant nonsense the much larger and pushier anti-Tesla insult throwers. Which group is a cult?
  • "bla bla bla panel gaps, rattles, cheap interior, the truck is ugly and won't sell, glass roofs flying off all the time, emerald mine full of blood diamonds, funding secured! and Elon's going to call somebody a pedo"
    • Yeah...reality will just never get through to some people. If they don't know the difference between "one event" and a "pattern," or can't understand that their opinion isn't universal, or take one minor blip in a biographical tale and jusdt exaggerated it into something ridiculous, or just keep coming back to the same 3 insults year after year after year, there really isn't hope...
Nonetheless, I yearn for the day some of these people see the real world behind the anti-Tesla headlines, and become self-aware enough to at least give up their highly vocal, played-out, anti-Tesla echo-chamber performances...

Versus

Hi, my name is Brian. Today I sold all my TSLA stock because Elon sucks balls. I’m still going to hang around spouting venom about him because he’s not making me anymore free money.

There’s a difference. No?

cYa, frisbee. Fold'n'step away from the table... :p

f0ba92f8-13e4-4b83-9d2c-2b4933bbc3d7_screenshot.jpg

btw, great time to take bit of a break from constantly obsessing over $tsla, simply let my position ride and instead am focused on longevity
cardio, weights and sauna with vegan diet
Aaannnd we're back... Maybe connect the dots between misleading headlines, micro trades, and options movements. TSLA remains hyper reactive to headlines, from directed trades or algobots? Whichever way it is, someone some entities are making huge bank on the TSLA gyrations on minute by minute basis. But just like in duncan donuts, it is always time to make the next car, or make it better or have it learn how to drive itself....

Fundstrat's TA guy thinks if TSLA can break above $265 later this year that it will likely run up over $400. Herbert was nearly orgasmic at the suggestion.

Meanwhile, Alex Potter (PiperSandler) lowered his PT this morning from $295 to $225 citing 1.93M deliveries in 2024.

That's suspicously close to Q4 2023 annualized: 484,507 * 4 = 1.938M

So he's predicting no growth in 2024? Preposterious.

Potter got a lot of deference from certain (former) youtubers, but he has now unmasked himself as just another Wall-E huckster, who won't do his own research, but will try to buy your shares on the cheep.

Sandler, Scamler. Tesla will bury them with volume, and NEVER EVER give them guidance again. Can't even do their own research. Why should we listen to that kind of cruft?

Last edited:
On Sep 12, 2020, I wrote:
If TSLA volatility 'ruins your day', you have sized your investment improperly.
I have sized my investment appropriately, and will continue to HODL, knowing full well where this is going in 2 years. My investment horizon is still 7 years.

Still applies 4 years later. No changes. ;)

Cheers to the Longs!