Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
watch tv advertisements? I have not seen a full tv add in years. If an advert comes on I pause do something else then skip them.
Is it the superbowl ones are special asking for other parts of the world?
Yes, it's a thing for the Super Bowl, think mixed-company parties with some attendees more interested in the advertisements than the game. Companies spent $7 million USD for a 30 second spot and historically have brought out their most creative, funny, sentimental marketing they can muster featuring A-list stars.

Reactions: Stormy24
Fortunately, she doesn't live in Germany, so doesn't have to worry about this..

But I'm a bit surprised it only weighs that... with all the camping stuff added it's not much heavier than an S.

At over 7,000 lbs loaded with only 282 hp it's going to be a throwback to the old air-cooled flat-4 hippie van while climbing the grapevine.

A Model Y LR has twice the power and half the weight. No Tesla owner will get a buzz from that... :p

At over 7,000 lbs loaded with only 282 hp it's going to be a throwback to the old air-cooled flat-4 hippie van while climbing the grapevine.

A Model Y LR has twice the power and half the weight. No Tesla owner will get a buzz from that... :p
We're straying a bit far, so my last on this...

Given EV torque, I'd bet that it's actually a pretty fun drive. Close to 300 HP with probably somewhere near that in torque available instantly at 0 RPM... Gear that correctly (top end speed in a van is not the primary goal), and you have a cool little package.

Last edited:
No its not, and the people selling and buying got the numbers to back them up. We remember the commercial and product when done right. This year's Super Bowl ads stank and I am putting it mildly. Have we lost the talent to make commercials that entertain and are funny? No one remember commercials on social issues or religion.

I think the Dunkin Donuts one with Matt and Ben and a few other folks got the best reaction in my group.

So when a large portion of the Tesla demographic is internet savvy, Someone at Tesla thinks they can debut an upgraded Model Y in China, ship it Europe and hold off selling it in the USA and people are not going to wait? Did they not learn anything doing this with the 3. Even Tesla must have been surprised and cringed at the worldwide attention the Highland 3 received knowing present 3 sells would drop. Now while the majority of buyers are not up on the latest generation or design changes but Tesla is no doubt relying on present Tesla buyers to upgrade and they are info savvy.

So when a large portion of the Tesla demographic is internet savvy, Someone at Tesla thinks they can debut an upgraded Model Y in China, ship it Europe and hold off selling it in the USA and people are not going to wait? Did they not learn anything doing this with the 3. Even Tesla must have been surprised and cringed at the worldwide attention the Highland 3 received knowing present 3 sells would drop. Now while the majority of buyers are not up on the latest generation or design changes but Tesla is no doubt relying on present Tesla buyers to upgrade and they are info savvy.
I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

It’s good the email got leaked about the refreshed Model Y not being available in NA in 2024? Or it’s bad it got leaked? Or something else?

Reactions: MartinAustin
So when a large portion of the Tesla demographic is internet savvy, Someone at Tesla thinks they can debut an upgraded Model Y in China, ship it Europe and hold off selling it in the USA and people are not going to wait?

You're assuming that, and jumping to an unsupported conclusion.. Tesla made no such statement about when Model Y will be updated at Shanghai and/or Berlin. There is no actual connection between Model Y and Model 3 refresh programs except in your mind.

I think the Dunkin Donuts one with Matt and Ben and a few other folks got the best reaction in my group.
Seeing @The Accountant in that ensemble was breathtaking. He could make a telephone book look good. And who knew he could do accents like that!?

Unfortunately for his sponsor, I still won’t be partaking in anything Dunkin’. I can’t decide if it’s because Tom Brady was mediocre in his DJ role (he really shouldn’t have quit his day job) or their donuts and coffee suck. 🤷🏻

Shout out to The Martian. 👍

Seeing @The Accountant in that ensemble was breathtaking. He could make a telephone book look good. And who knew he could do accents like that!?

Unfortunately for his sponsor, I still won’t be partaking in anything Dunkin’. I can’t decide if it’s because Tom Brady was mediocre in his DJ role (he really shouldn’t have quit his day job) or their donuts and coffee suck. 🤷🏻

Shout out to The Martian. 👍

J-Lo flirting with Tom at the end was funny...

(Mod ban of SB commercial talk in 3....2....1...)