Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two trips planned regarding Tesla this year and will report back to the thread for any investment-related info:

- Vegas to play in the WSOP (small tournaments) this year and a part of that trip is going to be riding in the Vegas Loop for the first time. Looking forward to experiencing and sharing thoughts on it.
- Roadtrip to Tesla Restaurant (once its open) - honestly, I really don't want to miss eating and charging there even though its obviously going to be packed for years

For the latter, I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of Tesla, TSLA, and EV owners that do that trip with their vehicles coming from outside LA/SoCal. I'm deeply wondering how they plan to deal with capacity consistently as well as media interest once its open (its Hollywood! think of all the stars that'll go there and get paparazzi'd going forward into the future - its going to be a destination). Can anyone think of a supercharger lot, right now, that's getting as much traffic as that place is going to get for the foreseeable future?

Assume a genuine "why"
1. 2.5m was a long time ago
2. He also said 1,000 other things. Some very good, some OK, some not so much, a few outlandish, per your timely reminder.
3. Is this how you hoped him well?

Won't engage any further. Sorry but I need to drink some bleach to clean up.

Fine, take away my "joke", I should have kept a serious tone.

This is an investment forum.

Many people here have a lot of their net worth on the line in this stock. Lots of people have millions of dollars invested.

A TMCer has killed themself because of poor options betting on TSLA overhype. Many others have lost millions.

This "highly rated" poster has posts of gross negligence just 2 months ago.

His egregious mistake and my retort:

And this

My retort:

2 months isn't a long time ago. The idea of 2.5m wasn't happening then, certainly not now. It was egregious at the time.

Even my estimate of 2.1-2.2 now looks "optimistic".

Saying gross profits didn't go down was egregious.

I'm reminding people, because, well it's investment relevant material, and the poster may have taken a break after realizing their mistakes. Instead of assuming something worse has happened.

Why?

I hope is he well too.

That doesn't mean he can't be criticized for making outlandish predictions that may affect how people make investments.

People are too emotionally attached in this thread.
Dodger was genuine long term buy and hold investor, he never advocated short term trading strategies.

So if you are making the claim that in 5 years time TSLA at the current share price is bad investment, make that explicit.

Genuine long term buy and hold investors are immune to FUD, and I can see why those intending to spread FUD find that annoying.

Who's 8-ball, and for what purpose: Language? Movies? Wrong Answers? Weather? Just In Case?

Tesla did their homework in collecting QUALITY driving data and refining methods, and it started way before we even had it, call it a good decade.

I do not believe there's a catch-up to Tesla path for anyone. Tesla's not going to give up their lead, ever.
Not saying this is false, but can you list some other car manufacturers and how much they are spending on AI compute? My hunch is that they spend a lot less than Tesla on this, but I could be wrong.

Dodger was genuine long term buy and hold investor, he never advocated short term trading strategies.

So if you are making the claim that in 5 years year TSLA at the current share price is bad investment, make that explicit.

Genuine long term buy and holder investors are immune to FUD, and I can see why those intent of spreading FUD find that annoying.

That last statement is untrue in at least one example. I'm a long term buy and hold investor. The times my decisions around selling nowadays are reactive to FUD and short-term price. This is mostly because I have something to lose compared to before and the belief shared in the TSLA mission. It's uncertain if anyone else shares this line of thinking, but I'd guess its a yes.

That last statement is untrue in at least one example. I'm a long term buy and hold investor. The times my decisions around selling nowadays are reactive to FUD and short-term price. This is mostly because I have something to lose compared to before and the belief shared in the TSLA mission. It's uncertain if anyone else shares this line of thinking, but I'd guess its a yes.
True.... but that is because you need to sell.

There has been a fairly constant stream of FUD in here over the last 4 weeks, it is hard to debunk, and some of it may be right - "short term".

Long term, IMO nothing significant has changed.

So if you are making the claim that in 5 years time TSLA at the current share price is bad investment, make that explicit.

Genuine long term buy and hold investors are immune to FUD, and I can see why those intending to spread FUD find that annoying.

Investors operating on every timeframe should have awareness of the true financials and expectations of growth.

Some investors may take declining gross profits to mean something to changes in expectations of long term financials. Or it may not change their viewpoint.

But they should be granted with truthful information and realistic estimates to make those decisions.

Reactions: saniflash
Not saying this is false, but can you list some other car manufacturers and how much they are spending on AI compute? My hunch is that they spend a lot less than Tesla on this, but I could be wrong.
I was responding to someone claiming Tesla was behind in server capacity compared to the giants like Google. I have no idea what legacy spends on AI, less than Tesla, so ya I agree.

This is software which is not legacy auto's forte. They likely still can't get off the old technology platforms because some 90 different suppliers wrote their own code (and I'm practically quoting Jim/Ford). So why would I think they're serious about AI spending when the thing that it controls was likely designed by a whole bunch of different people from all over? I'm sure the focus is on ADAS to meet safety requirements, anything more is added cost, and it shows just recently.

I'm now recalling the story of the original Ford Pickup (F-150?) roll-over tests. (I hope I'm quoting this correctly). They never re-tested after adding a bunch more gross vehicle weight over time. Cabs would crush... true story, but could be old IDK.

IDK lots. There's too much, ya know?

Reactions: jerry33 and heltok
1711587974247.png