Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They should get a message on their phone via the app telling them to close it...

If they don't do that, then ban them from booking Robotaxis in future.....

Next step is the car needs to plead with nearby pedestrians to close the door :)

If none of that works, it is a difficult problem, but out of the hypothetical 1000, cases per day the solution above probably works for at least 900, for the other 100 a Robotaxi employee or Optimus needs to travel to the scene and fix the problem.

If the car can't leave a parking spot because a door is open, there is a good chance someone else wants that spot and will close the door. If no one wants the spot the the car waits for Optimus to jog over, preferably in 1980s jogging gear with a headband,. :)
I think idle fees like we have for the Superchargers will work 99% of the time. The mobile app can have a count down and accumulation of fees for fast motivation. I think a ban would be a bit harsh especially certain unseen circumstances. A lot of times due to children or other distractions an accidental occurrence can happen.

Reactions: primedive and MC3OZ
I view it as Tesla still a bit behind the 8-ball. Several others each are spending tens of billions of dollars a year on AI compute.
If how much you spend on a thing was the main metric for progress, then the united launch alliance would be running rings around spacex and himiliating them with their amazing progress.
spoiler:
They are not doing this.

I just read this headline... "Can new Tesla driver-assist incentive boost sales amid slow EV demand?"
I never considered the attraction could sell more vehicles, Yahoo!

How about (soon, maybe yesterday)... it's so good, let's put grandpa in the driver's seat, and tell him to look at the road and touch the wheel sometimes. Honestly, I could see someone with no license, possibly handicapped or old as dirt hopping in for a drive to get some more beer loto tickets. Who would freakin know!?!

Oh in Florida for sure! Sales should 🚀 once they figure this out.

I just read this headline... "Can new Tesla driver-assist incentive boost sales amid slow EV demand?"

How about (soon, maybe yesterday)... it's so good, let's put grandpa in the driver's seat, and tell him to look at the road and touch the wheel sometimes. Honestly, I could see someone with no license, possibly handicapped or old as dirt hopping in for a drive to get some more beer loto tickets. Who would freakin know!?!

That's certainly the future goal, but it's not there, yet. There are still too many needs for intervention at this point.

I do think that's a huge selling point, though. Disabled, old, etc. being able to drive safely, again.

That's certainly the future goal, but it's not there, yet. There are still too many needs for intervention at this point.

I do think that's a huge selling point, though. Disabled, old, etc. being able to drive safely, again.
Have you been to Florida? I do believe a 12 yr old could drive a dirt bike down main street and get away with it in some parts.

Not that I want to encourage this risky business, but if something is possible, it will be done. Especially if the route was pre-tested as groovy.

Oh no... SNL is likely working on Drunk Uncle Goes for a "Drive" as we speak! If they don't pick up on this, I'd be surprised.

Have you been to Florida? I do believe a 12 yr old could drive a dirt bike down main street and get away with it in some parts.

Not that I want to encourage this risky business, but if something is possible, it will be done. Especially if the route was pre-tested as groovy.

Oh no... SNL is likely working on Drunk Uncle Goes for a "Drive" as we speak! If they don't pick up on this, I'd be surprised.

When FSD is driving well we tell people "Elon is driving". But when it's misbehaving we say it's Toonces.

This is unnecessary and disagreeable. @Artful Dodger was very active and helpful from reactions to his numerous posts. I wish he's sound and well.

Why?

I hope is he well too.

That doesn't mean he can't be criticized for making outlandish predictions that may affect how people make investments.

People are too emotionally attached in this thread.

Adam Jonas merely spoke publicly about the approx. delivery numbers that everyone from Troy to Vin counters, to weekly China insurance data watchers are acutely aware of. The delivery numbers are going to be much closer to 425K than 475K because the high number has been stale for months and not corrected as data came in. The importance of the Jonas note is that he's saying that even at this reduced number, TSLA is worth $320 price target, based upon expectations of future profits, adjusted downward to create a present value.

Why?

I hope is he well too.

That doesn't mean he can't be criticized for making outlandish predictions that may affect how people make investments.

People are too emotionally attached in this thread.

Assume a genuine "why"
1. 2.5m was a long time ago
2. He also said 1,000 other things. Some very good, some OK, some not so much, a few outlandish, per your timely reminder.
3. Is this how you hoped him well?
Zaddy Daddy said:
I think he's still in the basement trying to concoct how Tesla will obviously produced over 2.5 million car this year.

Won't engage any further. Sorry but I need to drink some bleach to clean up.

Presumably, there is a maximum price people will pay for a Honda, if it goes above that, people will switch brands, so raising the cost to the dealer, in effect lowers the dealer's profit margin. I'd assume new Hondas going forward because the ones on the lot already have a set price.
Depends on where you are. When I lived on the Big Island, the Honda dealer charged $3,500 to $7,000 over list for their cars and people bought them. They just added another window sticker that said additional dealer profit. They sold the stew out of them.

• Informative
Reactions: unk45 and jerry33

Sure. When pulled over, just drool a bit and give a vacant look. Works for me. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL
If how much you spend on a thing was the main metric for progress, then the united launch alliance would be running rings around spacex and himiliating them with their amazing progress.
spoiler:
They are not doing this.
I think we need to be very mindful of what the table stakes are for AI in general (not specific to self-driving) and whether Tesla can generate enough cash in its operations to secure a seat at the main table.

ULA is not a fit company, meanwhile the AI players are killers with huge stacks.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: capster and samn
Next one over is 113. So I assume 140'ish was an arbitrary gap pushed by media? Or TMC?
Sorry... and are you trying to get me to go to the Options thread? 😨
Right now the $140ish has been all the talk from ‘everyone’. Brought up again today.

No, you shouldn’t go over there unless you enjoy a slurry of never ending maybe, ifs, thens, possibles, probably but not sures claimed as victories. Far more enlightening when read after the fact and in hindsight.

If he's watching, he'd like seeing this...

View attachment 1032678

I think we are 2 more miracles away from 200! (Giving FSD to Canadians was today's miracle).
Tight race it is.
Having seen that, I imagine the closing SP was right where you expected it to be, huh?

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

Last edited:
I think we need to be very mindful of what the table stakes are for AI in general (not specific to self-driving) and whether Tesla can generate enough cash in its operations to secure a seat at the main table.

ULA is not a fit company, meanwhile the AI players are killers with huge stacks.
The AI players are mostly large bloated dinosaurs that have forgotten how to innovate. Google was the implied butt of the jokes in HBOs silicon valley a long time ago (they are hooli) and recent experience of gemini shows they have only gotten worse. Most new google products get abandoned within 2 or 3 years.
Microsofts innovation over the last decade has been to keep changing the layout of the windows start menu. They also shipped a groundbreaking new O/S which had... rounded window corners.
Apple spent billions and a decade failing to build a single prototype driverless EV. They also made a VR headset (eventually) which seemingly nobody wants or can afford.

Sure, Apple, Microsoft, Google, they all have a big pile of cash. But they have no idea how to move fast or innovate. None of them have achieved anything in AI. Apple have nothing, Google had to buy deepmind, Microsoft had to buy a bit of openai. Culturally, these companies are all dinosaurs, where software engineers go to 'rest and vest' and have an easy life with no expectation to ever ship anything, ever.

I would fully, genuinely expect Tesla to out-compete all of them even if they spent 1/10th the money.

Nvidia, I would say is the only real competitor.