Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He did not offer me a job. He said people that contributed to the report (there were 3 of us) should interview at Tesla without even outlining a process how to do it (which is a very smart move actually). I inquired with my usual Tesla PoC and they said they will ask around if I am seriously interested in joining Tesla.

Were all the new "features" that you found in the firmware unveiled tonight?

He did not offer me a job. He said people that contributed to the report (there were 3 of us) should interview at Tesla without even outlining a process how to do it (which is a very smart move actually). I inquired with my usual Tesla PoC and they said they will ask around if I am seriously interested in joining Tesla.
tenor.gif

I guess it raises the question: How comfortable are you taking a robotaxi which may, on rare occasions, randomly force you to take over midroute? (Or randomly pull over and stop dead, forcing you to call someone to pick you up?) Tesla definitely is not currently planning to implement remote drivers.
How do you know this. No point talking about remote drivers. That just is something that can effectively get the job done. If it is possible, Elon will do it. He is a pragmatist.
Geofenced, it would work. Musk keeps saying nothing will be geofenced, though. And is not interested in talking about remote drivers. :gnashes teeth

This is again wrong. Elon said that FSD features will not be geofenced as they're not using high precision maps. But it is basic math that FSD works much better in certain areas with more nines reliability compared to the neck of the woods that is Ithaca. Try LA or bay area, that the net was able to learn the most from, thanks to the ubiquity of teslas there. It is a no brainer to deploy robotaxis starting here and adding as sufficient reliability shows up in other locales.

The law is to stop before entering the roadway. Many cars don't stop. If your rule assumes that the other car obeys the law, it's a crash every time. The problem is that there are far too many situations that it's not possible to write enough rules.
Important thing to know is that not every law is the same. Some laws are important and will result in an accident when not followed. Some are optional and some others should not be followed.

Incredible week.

Really shows how far advanced Tesla is on multiple fronts. Their whole car vertical integration is a very clear advantage. Same with battery factory, OTA updates, Autopilot and a whole list of other major items.

And Tesla got flack for all of these decisions.

Shows that they are playing a different game than the rest of the auto-industry.

And winning.

I guess it raises the question: How comfortable are you taking a robotaxi which may, on rare occasions, randomly force you to take over midroute? (Or randomly pull over and stop dead, forcing you to call someone to pick you up?) Tesla definitely is not currently planning to implement remote drivers.
In fact, in the beginning this is how it will work, it’s like zip car. You drive it - with AP that does 90% of the work. As the NN gets better, we get march of the 9s and most trips will finish without any intervention. Behold full FSD. It will happen in some areas earlier than others. Finally, in 2100 or there abouts in India.

I see your issue now - you took FSD too literally.

I secretly wish you have a even better job so don’t join Tesla, because then you will be covered by NDA.

I wish Tesla was making a distinctive model for robotaxi work. I think there needs to be a clear distinction between a commercial vehicle and private auto. If Tesla succeeds in creating a 1 million car fleet mostly of Model 3. I think it will undermine the distinctiveness of privately owning a Model 3. Pride of ownership is easily lost when everyone thinks your ride is one of those robotaxis. I get that some folks will want to rent out their own Model 3. Okay, that's a choice. But why own it in the first place? Sure you could have bought the tux you rented for your cousin's wedding, and you could keep renting it out, but who wants to privately own a rental tux? I used to think that owning a Tesla was pretty special. Now I'm told I've got an old horse.

OT

Oh, it doesn't. I don't know why I try to explain things to people who don't want to learn; I think it's a compulsion.

Whether to tone it down or not is a tradeoff between the social value of "shut up because all you're doing is making other people angry at you, they don't want to hear it" and the value of having been the one who pointed out that the Emperor had no clothes, just in case someone was actually listening.

I'm always #2. Something in my brain makeup means I get zero mental reward for the first (and walk away angry at the stupidity and worthlessness of humanity) and some mental reward for the second (and I walk away feeling that at least I've done my duty, and humanity can go hang). Sense of responsibility probably.

Here’s the thing; there are more choices than #1 and #2. For starters lots of people do want to learn, just not from a dick who talks down to them like they’re an idiot. And yes, it’s irrelevant if they are an idiot. They still have value in society and possess talents and abilities you don’t.

OT big time
Do you have an opinion regarding consciousness? Do you agree with Tononi's hypothesis that it consists of information integration? If I may ask. Or do you have another idea as to the nature of the hard question? Might Ill-understood consciousness be required for real AI, including self driving?
I talk to my car and think it will become self aware, yes. Why not, we are just circuits. If there is a spirit, my Model 3 certainly has one too. We are not the only life form or type out there... carbon is just o e example.

I wish Tesla was making a distinctive model for robotaxi work. I think there needs to be a clear distinction between a commercial vehicle and private auto. If Tesla succeeds in creating a 1 million car fleet mostly of Model 3. I think it will undermine the distinctiveness of privately owning a Model 3. Pride of ownership is easily lost when everyone thinks your ride is one of those robotaxis. I get that some folks will want to rent out their own Model 3. Okay, that's a choice. But why own it in the first place? Sure you could have bought the tux you rented for your cousin's wedding, and you could keep renting it out, but who wants to privately own a rental tux? I used to think that owning a Tesla was pretty special. Now I'm told I've got an old horse.
Your horse will be a strong race champion for several more years.
And you get to watch as it gets better and better....plus no stinky droppings.

When the stock pops, I'm getting either the Model 2 or Y. The three is my cash cow. Just paint it to be unique.