Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is showing you none of the data, going back 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or even almost 15 years to IPO, supports your claims "minutiae"?

I really won't since the SI line, as I just showed you with data back to 2010, is mostly flat since 2021 compared to historic rates.

But I've now provided lots of graphs and data.

If you have any to support your claims, feel free to post em.
Okay

• Love
Reactions: T@oo
1715747136198.png

While amusing, i wish he would stop this. IMO, it does more harm than good.

Here's a video that talks about it. It sounds like there was a difference in opinion between Drew and Elon how 4680 development should proceed.

I'm a bit wary of these media sources.

But I also wonder "why not do both"?

Elon seems laser focused on cost reduction at present.

However, Tesla didn't get to where they are today be giving up easily, IMO the 4680 project could make a breakthrough at anytime and/or competitors prices for cells could increase at anytime.

There are recent tariff increase on cells imported form China into the US.

If Tesla are also using CATL LFP equipment to make LFP cells that is also under the category of "why not do both"?

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
FSD timeline and capability update, from the man.

Elon Musk:
Yeah, seeing it everywhere.Btw, 12.4 goes to internal release this weekend and limited external beta next week. Roughly 5X to 10X improvement in miles per intervention vs 12.3. 12.5 will be out in late June. Will also see a major improvement in mpi and is single stack – no more implicit stack on highways.

Merriam-Webster has this wrong then. It is correct to say "Hard science" although that is an antiquated form since the evolution of quantum physics in general understanding.
By definition no science is 'exact' despite Merriam-Wesbter's misunderstanding.

'accurate' itself is a generalization, as is 'precise'. Neither is absolute.
As for use of the Scientific Method, that applies to all arenas of investigation. There is no distinction or elimination of any given subject.

This subject goes off-topic except when trying to evaluate the CEO's decision making process. That is our subject. He applies that quite widely, even in areas other people think are inapplicable to such reasoning. The very proof is that he describes an iterative process to all decisions, revising each decisions as new information can be found.

It is a term like "Autopilot", not a very good one (in the sense that is not intuitively understood), but you can´t deny it exists and is used the way as @advocate8 described: Exact sciences - Wikipedia

First picture of new supercharger with ‘cofunded by EU’ labels:

Remember that some time ago Tesla received huge EU grants for upgrading/expanding the supercharger network:
Tesla wins a large part of the EU subsidies for fast chargers:
134 million euro (of a total of 352) for “The project aims at deploying 6,458 recharging points (250 kW) for LDV in 613 locations in 16 countries (AT, BE, BG, DE, ES, FI, FR, IE, IT, LV, LT, LU, NL, RO, SK, SE) along the Core and Comprehensive Network. The project foresees both the deployment of new recharging stations and the replacement of existing outdated recharging points not satisfying the requirement of the ca in terms of recharging capacity and open-accessibility.”
And another similar one of 15 million euro for 6 eastern european countries (740 chargers in 74 locations).

https://cinea.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2023-09/CEF-T-2021-AFIF_Cut-off%204_List%20of%20projects_FINAL_0.pdf
So it looks like Tesla is going to upgrade all old superchargers with EU subsidies.

ADAC, the German version of AAA, has published the tops and flops of its car breakdown statistics, Model 3 is in the top segment (that was the only Tesla in this statistic of 3-10 year old cars) The article from ADAC below also discusses ICE vs EV breakdown likelyhood in detail, interesting read. EVs turn out better but with the caveat that they are usually not driven as many miles per year.

Last edited: