Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random data points
This past week I drove to Scottsdale and back.
My FSD is better but still needs work (it is not the latest release).
Yesterday I talked with the F150 lightning owner charging next to me in Albuquerque. He kept talking about how impressed he was with Elon. He was particularly impressed with the charging Network that Tesla had the foresight to develop..
He said he losses about 1/3rd of his range when towing. He stated there is no going back once you get a BEV.
😊

IMHO- The share price will eventually reflect this new reality.

The Boring Company released footage of their tunnel digger at GigaTexas -

Wondering what the return on investment of this is for Tesla. They paid The Boring Company how many millions (tens of millions?) to dig this tunnel? All to save how many seconds of time diving end of line vehicles across a single road?

I hope it was very very cheap or free, otherwise it just reeks of an inappropriate transfer of cash from Tesla to one of Elon’s other companies.

Wondering what the return on investment of this is for Tesla. They paid The Boring Company how many millions (tens of millions?) to dig this tunnel? All to save how many seconds of time diving end of line vehicles across a single road?

I hope it was very very cheap or free, otherwise it just reeks of an inappropriate transfer of cash from Tesla to one of Elon’s other companies.
The likely ROI is not needing to pay drivers to drive cars under the highway.

IMO 5-10 minutes per car, (return trip) 500,000 cars per year, 20 years.

The Boring Company needed to test Prufrock-3, this would have been a "mates rates" job. My best guess would be Tesla just covering Boring Company expenses, wages, electricity, materials, (earthmoving) equipment hire, etc.

BTW, Alexandra Mertz says she is very optimistic about a "yes" vote on Elon's pay package. I think her words were that officially, she's slightly optimistic and unofficially she's very optimistic.
Betting sites are giving 83% chance of approving the package. So imo keep voting and keep pusing retail investors to vote. And withdraw all your money from any index fund etc that are voting no and share that you are doing so on social media.

The likely ROI is not needing to pay drivers to drive cars under the highway.

IMO 5-10 minutes per car, (return trip) 500,000 cars per year, 20 years.

The Boring Company needed to test Prufrock-3, this would have been a "mates rates" job. My best guess would be Tesla just covering Boring Company expenses, wages, electricity, materials, (earthmoving) equipment hire, etc.
Yes I am hoping you are right and this was a Mates Rates Job.

Also hoping that term means the same thing outside of AUS/NZ. (Still reeling from the memory of my 70 year old in law asking a horrified tour desk customer service rep in Hawaii if it was ok for her and other members of the elderly family party to wear thongs on the tour bus)

I would hope FSD would make those drivers redundant in short order anyway, but maybe they wouldn’t turn on FSD before the vehicle has been through the final test phase.

Assuming that a no vote for Elons pay package will tank the stock, what would the Norwegian pension funds motive be for voting no?
Executive compensation is much less in Europe than the US, especially on performance/bonus/equity awards. They saw it as excessive in 2018 and they see it as excessive today. It's likely that simple.

Assuming that a no vote for Elons pay package will tank the stock, what would the Norwegian pension funds motive be for voting no?

Looking at it from a pure Machiavellian viewpoint - perhaps they simply are taking the opportunity to potentially increase their ownership stake in Tesla without spending a penny.

Eg: if the vote fails and the Delaware court ruling survives appeals, then effectively the diluted share count will be significantly reduced, meaning all shareholders (other than Elon) end up with a higher ownership stake in the company.

This assumes of course that good ol Ceteris Paribus is at play, and that the prospects for Tesla post vote are the same regardless of the outcome (which isn’t at all certain to be the case).

It's 90% of retail investors which make up about 47.5% of the voting power when you exclude Elon and Kimball.

The challenge is we don't know what % of the 47.5% have voted and for sure it is less than institutions.

Elon seeing that Retail who voted are overwhelming supportive is good enough for him to stay. He always cherished loyal retail investors over anything else. He also understand that the vote is a hindsight vote so essentially a test to see if the people he worked so hard for is willing to do the right thing in return.