Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to understand how the Tesla vote outcome affects the near-term share price.

I think this will be more of the same in the short run, regardless of the outcome.

Am I missing something?

I believe the fear is that if the package isn't passed Elon will subject the company to more uncertainty and less of his time vs. where we are now

I am trying to understand how the Tesla vote outcome affects the near-term share price.

I think this will be more of the same in the short run, regardless of the outcome.

Am I missing something?
If wins the NO will go down because everyone will freak out as Elon will leave
If wins the YES will go down because shareholders will be diluted
Neither of these is true ... but 100% this is how MSM and WS will play it.

Am I missing something?
The Tesla vote affects the near-term share price is because our good friends over at the MSM, will promote doom and gloom that Elon is exiting Tesla and taking Robotics and AI with him if for some reason it does not pass.

And loving him is a woke trait.

See - it's best to just avoid any political slants in posts here, where possible.

Untitled.jpg

So utterly predictable, @phantasms . Seems you can't take a joke or your brain has been infected by some sort of... mind virus... Which causes a triggering reaction from its very name, regardless of context.

I may be misunderstaning this comment, so forgive me if I am. But if you are alluding to the Delaware court's reasoning for nullifying Elon's compensation package, i.e. that shareholders weren't aware of the cozy relationship Elon had with the board, it is difficult for me to really believe that the majority of investors weren't well aware of that coziness. I sure was, and I am one of the most unsophisticated investors on this forum. Generally a court relies on evidence and testimony to come to their conclusions. In this case, was there tesitmony from investors that they were unaware of the reality of the situation? I genuinely don't know the answer to that question.
FWIW: most Boards are stocked with folks that are aligned with Chairman/CEO’s.

Am I missing something?
Well,half of the shares are owned by retails. And that will probably make ppl lose confidence.

And my guess is that the HFT bot is already programmed to short tesla if the vote is no.

• Informative
Reactions: Opus BC fan
I may be misunderstaning this comment, so forgive me if I am. But if you are alluding to the Delaware court's reasoning for nullifying Elon's compensation package, i.e. that shareholders weren't aware of the cozy relationship Elon had with the board, it is difficult for me to really believe that the majority of investors weren't well aware of that coziness. I sure was, and I am one of the most unsophisticated investors on this forum. Generally a court relies on evidence and testimony to come to their conclusions. In this case, was there tesitmony from investors that they were unaware of the reality of the situation? I genuinely don't know the answer to that question.
The plaintiff held 9 shares and it's his counsel's argument and the judge's decision. Maybe this case should have been required to get a majority of shareholders as plaintiff to have been heard?

The Tesla vote affects the near-term share price is because our good friends over at the MSM, will promote doom and gloom that Elon is exiting Tesla and taking Robotics and AI with him if for some reason it does not pass.
Elon has said multiple times and wrote about it - he'd never dump on long-term retail investors of TSLA.

Me thinks whatever the vote, he'll do the right move.

View attachment 1055272

So utterly predictable, @phantasms . Seems you can't take a joke or your brain has been infected by some sort of... mind virus... Which causes a triggering reaction from its very name, regardless of context.
I downvoted because "loving him is a woke trait" is dumb. We're not the psychos with hats, flags, etc etc. It's not love or hate. I shouldn't love or hate someone in the role of Fauci. However, Elon "Covid will be gone by April" Musk is clearly full MAGA at this point. Yes it was BS with the factory and they should have been able to stay open. That said, hating an old smart man because he may have been too cautious in a pandemic that killed over a million Americans is mental...as we nearly vote back in the inject bleach guy. Anyway, aren't we not supposed to attack other members here? Don't want to go the way of the cat now do you? Get a grip and go touch grass. If you want to discuss more dumb nonsense feel free to PM me so I can ignore it but please take it off this thread.

Centre for Research on Energy and Clear Air
- Quantifying the Economic Costs of Air Pollution from Fossil Fuels - Feb. 2022

"The economic costs of air pollution from fossil fuels are estimated at US$2.9 trillion in
2018, or 3.3% of global GDP, far exceeding the likely costs of rapid reductions in fossil fuel
use."

The environment belongs to all citizens of the Earth. Pretending that anyone can use air and water for their own economic benefit without cost is disingenuous at this stage of post-industrial society. It is particularly so to ignore these types of economic "rents" in the service of an overly-simplistic definition of "free market" that ignores this reality. It is tantamount to contending that pollution doesn't exist or has zero health or climate effects.
So just say you don't believe in free markets and stop bending the definition to suit you.
By the way, that 2.9T stat you quote above is BS.

It is true that quakers, for example, and others who espouse nonviolence are against spending on weapons and think it is completely immoral, generally a stronger emotion than anti-EV sentiment, yet are taxed and forced to pay for implements used to kill.
And don’t squeak about it nearly as hard as billionaires do “regulation."
The compromises inherent in being a part of society are what makes free markets an ideal rather than a practicality. We all have to compromise and right now there is one overwhelming existential threat -- climate change -- and some sort of watered-down version of free markets is not going to fix it. Just slow down fixes. “Free markets!” is, however, a convenient cry for big oil and its handmaidens to use in their influence campaigns. Which is why you hear it a lot when it really is 3 steps to the side of IRL.
Quakers don't make up a majority. People who don't want to subsidize EVs probably do.

^ cool blog post on electrifying the entire home and the gaps in the market in order to do so
Meh. I‘m electrified for 17 years now. Yes, we do have electricity in Europe. And PV, heat pumps and induction cooktops are not just recent new inventions. Excuse my sarcasm. Nothing personal.

I downvoted because "loving him is a woke trait" is dumb. We're not the psychos with hats, flags, etc etc. It's not love or hate. I shouldn't love or hate someone in the role of Fauci. However, Elon "Covid will be gone by April" Musk is clearly full MAGA at this point. Yes it was BS with the factory and they should have been able to stay open. That said, hating an old smart man because he may have been too cautious in a pandemic that killed over a million Americans is mental...as we nearly vote back in the inject bleach guy. Anyway, aren't we not supposed to attack other members here? Don't want to go the way of the cat now do you? Get a grip and go touch grass.

Control yourself with your political ranting. :D

What you downvoted was a joke, which most people got it seems. If it's OK to claim somebody who hates Fauci must be "full on MAGA" then it's equally OK to claim somebody who loves him is woke. I was just pointing out the other extreme political view, I didn't mean to trigger you.

Last edited:
Take a look in the mirror, you just control yourself with your political ranting. :D

What you downvoted was a joke, which most people got but seemed to go right over your head. If it's OK to claim somebody who hates Fauci must be "full on MAGA" then it's equally OK to claim somebody who loves him is woke. Don't you see the hypocricsy in claiming otherwise?
Didn’t get the memo did you. PM me.

I never said someone who hates Fauci is Maga. I said Elon is maga. No, I didn’t get the really amazing joke. How about you go get some sunshine TSLA bag holder?

Didn’t get the memo did you. PM me.

I never said someone who hates Fauci is Maga. I said Elon is maga. No, I didn’t get the really amazing joke. How about you go get some sunshine TSLA bag holder?

You really need to calm yourself. You're the only one in the room that didn't "get the joke", which is all it was. Why are you taking it so seriously?

• Funny
Reactions: hobbes
Because you say so?
Which part, the second?
I want clean air. I've stated on here my number one reason for wanting the world to transition to electric cars and clean energy is I want to breath fresh air. I have a hard time believing the smut we pump into the air has a financial toll of 2.9T. It doesn't pass the, ehem, sniff test. I bet if you dug into the details of where that number came from, you would find it highly flawed. You're right though, I'm no expert.