Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it amusing that the night EM tweets his comp package has passed, i get an email from Tesla to order my CT:

1718288983760.png

On a serious note - Delaware will see a mass exodus of companies based on what they had done to Tesla and Tesla exiting to TX.

Sugar Delaware.
Some have departed, as happens in the normal course of business, but 'mass exodus' no!
Despite the present case Delaware rains the preeminent US domicile of large corporations, as it has been for more than a century. No other state has equal consistency and favorable tax conditions. The Tesla case is far outside the norm in every respect. It might influence some other outliers, but few others.

Many of us don't like that situation, but it is realistic.

HI . I use IG as my brokers they automatically send me a link to all votes on all my holdings. So would recemend them as a home for your Tesla shares.
I think HL have been very surprised at the response from all the Tesla holders. It has really shown what a poor platform they offer. They have gone from “we don’t plan to offering any voting facility for US shares “ to “ we are setting up a voting platform for the future “. I use Freetrade as an alternative for part of my portfolio and they made voting very easy. I will now move my remaining holdings away from HL.

Some have departed, as happens in the normal course of business, but 'mass exodus' no!
Despite the present case Delaware rains the preeminent US domicile of large corporations, as it has been for more than a century. No other state has equal consistency and favorable tax conditions. The Tesla case is far outside the norm in every respect. It might influence some other outliers, but few others.

Once we're done with all the Tesla cases in Delaware, I no longer care one way or another, losing business or not, Delaware and that judge have nothing more to do with me or Tesla. Might as well not risk any bad karma wishing ill on others.

Do options that mature in 5 yrs count toward measuring overall wealth? I'd think so. It's all paper anyway right?
Not that I want to point it out, but where would Elon be on The List? 50B should bump him way higher.

This says his worth for yesterday. Not sure if this was included. So closer to 250B now? Get ready for that incoming FUD. But I couldn't be more happy to contribute to the cause.

1718291068415.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Drax7
Wow...
I don't understand what the value is of being the World's Richest Person...is it just ego gratification?
Depends on what class of society you are viewing it from. A 1/4 Trillion sounds excessive to many. Not to me considering how many Trillions are being managed with short-sighted greedy minds by so few people in Banking, Medicine, Insurance, Aviation, Oil, Real Estate, and many more I'm certain.

(Fun Fact I learned just yesterday - Half of US wealth sits with the Baby Boomers at about 75T.)

Same here H&L so couldn't vote, but would have voted Yes to both. Those who voted no should sell their shares, they don't deserve to make any money for being oath breakers.
I voted my HL shares thanks to Alexandra Merz publicising a method someone else created. It was painful. A UK lawyer worked through the weekend helping, I just scraped in.

Other brokers changed their rules. Perhaps we should look into referring each other to new brokers!

I've seen the Tesla move is part of Texas's plan to open their own stock exchange and have Tesla moved over to that exchange with different rules/regulations/etc. I'm assuming Elon wants to have a voice on how that exchange is regulated.

I posted a while back that pretty much all the large TX corporations are incorporated still in DE (or other states) and couldn't find one in TX. Maybe someone can post one in addition to the soon to be TSLA.

Article on what may happen now, I find it interesting that this lawsuit was filed in 2018, but like all lawsuits, they all tend to move very slowly:

Elon Musk’s $46 Billion Pay Package: How Tesla Shareholder Approval Could Play Out in the Courts

Last edited: